main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How were the Yuuzhan Vong defeated?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by generalgreivous4, Mar 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. generalgreivous4

generalgreivous4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2005
    Im currently writing my first ever fan fic, and I'm really enjoying it.

Through I've come to an halt, as my knowledge of the EU aint that healthy.

I've never read the novel where the Yuuzhan Vong are actually destroyed, and what I need to know is how they were destroyed?

You can PM the answer if you wish, as posting it here may spoil the novel for those who havent read it yet.

Aw also, the design of their ships, do they have a command deck in which you could look out of to see you'r surroundings?

Thanks.

2. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    There is a lot to know about their organic technology that can pretty much only come from reading the NJO series. There are yorrik corals, world ships, etc. In a nutshell, there are no decks. They fly their ships via what I believe are called yammosks, if memory serves me right. They are cognition hoods that melds the pilot's mind to that of the ships they operate.

Like a good writer, you're gonna have to do a little digging. Read, read, read. Good luck! ;)

3. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    I've never read the novel where the Yuuzhan Vong are actually destroyed, and what I need to know is how they were destroyed?

They aren't destroyed. They surrender.

Aw also, the design of their ships, do they have a command deck in which you could look out of to see you'r surroundings?

There's a membrane that turns translucent, if there's a name for it, I've forgotten.

4. generalgreivous4

generalgreivous4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2005
    Thanks for your help. :)

5. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    The yammosk just coordinates all of their ships together. And to see out they have clear membranes that they can have changed to amplify whatever they're looking at. They also have these beetles that change colors to show the battle.

6. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    the beatles are called "blaze bugs". They're different colors to show friendly and enemy vessels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.