main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph How/where do you prefer to read?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Raja_Io, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raja_Io

Raja_Io Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    I mean: lying on the bed, carpet, anything else? Or sitting in an armchair, on the bed... At home, in the library, or maybe outdoors?

My vote for lying on the bed, although I like to sit outdoors, if it is calm enough.

2. barabel_humour

barabel_humour Jedi Master star 4

Nov 14, 2005
    I prefer to read lying either in bed or on a couch with biscuits and other nibbles within reach or if it's a hot day then reading while sunbathing, but these days I rarely have a whole day to spend lounging around reading so I end up reading while waiting for or on buses to and from work. [face_plain]

3. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    i'll usually read anywhere. sometimes i like to listen to music as i read

4. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Most of my reading is done while sitting in the car during my lunch break. It's gotten to the point where I feel kind of empty without a sandwhich in one hand and a novel in the other.

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I usually read in my room during a meal or if I'm going to be alone going out I'll take a paperback with me and smuggle it in my purse to read.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If the weather is nice enough to sit outside in the garden then I will read there. (Of course, that isn't an option this time of year here in the UK). Otherwise most of my recreational reading is done for a couple of hours as I relax in bed before turning off the light to sleep.

7. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    My ideal place for reading is a nice comfortable armchair close to my stereo. I also read awhile in bed before going to sleep.

8. Raja_Io

Aug 28, 2005
    I know eating while reading is a real no-no, regarding it is not good for the books, but... I can't help it! And if I wrote a book, I wouldn't mind it getting dirty here and there. It gives the paper some cosy feeling about it ;)

9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I like erading in bed with my three big, heavy blankets since my parents refuse to turn up the heat 8-}

10. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    I don't know if anyone else can do this, but if I'm working out on either a treadmiill or eliptical machine I can read with no problem.

11. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    I prefer to read when I'm alone, usually locked in my bedroom.

12. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    i like to read on the couch, but get most of my reading in on break time at work. not a big fan of reading in bed, prefer to be snuggled up on the couch

13. malcolm-darth-am-i

malcolm-darth-am-i Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2005
    I like reading at a desk in a comfy chair. Or sitting in bed, listening to my iPod. I also have the A/C cranked.

14. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, at home, I have an air mattress and I pull my pillows down to rest under my stomach, then read face-down.

Out of the home, I love reading on this one bench about halfway between my house and campus. It's between residential halls and has a great view of the mountains.

At the library, I'm all for the long green daybed in the 4th-floor bathroom lounge.

15. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    Armchair, bed, but I always have a book handy foro any light reading I can squeeze in. :)

And Ishtar!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v141/libertyman/ishtarownstheforum.jpg]

You own the forum!

-The Scummy-

16. Raja_Io

Aug 28, 2005
    How strange outlook of the forum :confused:

17. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Pretty much sums it up for me too. :)

18. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    My little, dark empire.....my room. :p

19. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Loo, bed, train, chair.

Can't do bus or coach, as the combination makes me travel sick.
    Can't do carpet, as pressure from floor hurts my ribs.

20. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    When I read I like to sit on my couch with my feet propped up on my ottoman.

21. GavinStrife

GavinStrife Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2005
    Honestly, I usually read on the toilet haha... but when I read outside the bathroom, I sit on the bed propped against the wall. Quite comfy, and it has good lighting

22. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    Usually on the bus, to and from work. And in between projects here at work, I am allowed to read.

23. Paradise in Naboo

Paradise in Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 1999
    I read in bed, mostly during the day as I don't have very good lighting in my room at night. I also can't read unless there's perfect silence around the house, so my reading time is very limited.

24. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    On my bed before sleep. Failing that, in a nice chair in the lounge.

25. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I prefer to read with a table infront of me, or laying down. I like to not have to hold the book up, as some of them get ratehr heavy after awhile :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.