main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How will Episode IX end?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Wildcatbarry, Jan 5, 2018.

1. I hope with Kylo and Rey dying

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2018
  2. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    They keep talking about balance so the idea will probably be about bringing balance to the force.

3. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Rey will kill Kylo by just daydreaming about it from the other side of the GFFA.
    Poe will kill himself by strapping a Stardestroyer engine to the back of his X-Wing whilst attempting to beat the Kessel Run record.
    Finn will discover he was FS all the time and develop a new power 'Force Clean' and sanitise every loo in the GFFA.
    Luke will warg a Porg and constantly harass Chewie and Artoo (on the Falcon which now qualifies for priority landing areas due to it's many disabilities and age)
    Threepio will get locked in a cupboard and forgotten about.

Anakin's Daddy and scuiggefest like this.
  4. ss640

ss640 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2017
    Kylo will die a hero, that much is nearly for certain.

I assume Kylo will be at a moment where he either stands by and continues his ascent to power or sacrifices himself to save Rey. He will obviously choose the latter. That's all I can think of since TLJ gave us nothing to speculate or be hyped up about.

Maybe we'll get surprised and Rey will kill Kylo. I prefer this tbh.

5. interxavier01

interxavier01 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    You either die a villain, or live long enough to see yourself become the hero.

Wait... I think I got that backwards.

RiddleMeThis, RKR, Aetius888 and 2 others like this.
  6. Strategize

Strategize Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2017
    Throw me in the Kylo gets exiled camp.

7. skybender

skybender Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2017
    I like it. End with as many casualties as possible. Let the past die, kill it if you have to (especially these underdeveloped characters).

8. Aetius888

Aetius888 Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2005
    I said in another thread that the ideal Disney ending is: Rey and Ben Solo disappear seemingly but not definitively together. It gives them the dark romantic ending they seem to have been angling for, at least originally. It gives them the possibility of a next-generation Skywalker heir down the line if the whole RJ trilogy goes south on them. And it gives them plausible deniability for people who object to an abusive ship, i.e. well, how do you know they're together?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  9. Jamarn Santill

Jamarn Santill Jedi Padawan

Jan 6, 2018
    Like in the OT, the focus seems to be on destroying the FO/Empire.

Could we have a mutiny in the FO, led by Finn, and as Roman legions fought each other under different commanders (lots of civil wars!), that produces a sort of Republic revival faction that coincides with Kylo's possible redemption?

1. Finn would get some good, non-filler action with a leadership role (a deleted TLJ scene has him recruiting potential allies killed by Phasma), because seriously - in TLJ two POC characters go on a useless mission and white people move the plot forward yup sure progressive enough for clueless Tumblr crowd lmao, please where is the substance?
    3. I think it would be some nuanced unexpected thing, less black and white (they like it like that) rather than destroying Droid Control Ship/Death Star/Death Star 2/SKB/Supremacy etc.
    4. Connection to the Republic we were supposed to root for during PT/TCW that turned into the evil Empire - I mean they were initially good, Star Destroyers were fighting "our" side etc, Tarkin was a Rep Captain, why not have that machinery and personnel reformed for the new Republic, on Coruscant, under God?

10. Jazz9276

Jazz9276 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 19, 2016
    Rey barefoot pregnant in the kitchen.

11. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Well, Rey might find a way to balance the force within herself like the first Jedi apparently did going by the artwork on the ground, working for the good buys but not really being powerful light or powerful dark, thereby preventing the need for the force to create a powerful opposite to oppose her. Kylo Ren ends up imprisoned but Rey may hand him copies of the Jedi Text to read in hopes he will eventually pull his head out of his rear (If he doesn't end up dead which is a very real possibility after the last film). Poe is forced into a leadership Role in the new government while Finn can finally leave war behind, but likely finds himself becoming a keeper of the peace. Not sure about Rose.

This would pave the way for new directions in future Star Wars films, one where we can see a heroically balanced Jedi fighting against a Tyranny of the Light, powerful force users that take the lightside to an unbalanced extreme. That could, in essence become how Star Wars works. It's still about Good vs Evil, it's just evil is no longer the sole providence of the dark side. Now we get a range of different villains with different philosophies and methods, the only commonality is that they are all in some way grossly unbalanced.

12. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    Rey overlooking a handful of Jedi apprentices at an ancient Jedi Temple that's being used as their new academy.

13. Lady Rey

Lady Rey Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 3, 2018
    Interestingly enough, Rey is a Light side Force user but she channeled her fight in the throne room with the power of the Dark side, and Kylo who is a Dark side user was channeling the Light as he tried to protect her. I feel this balance is the key to everything and IX will end with a new way of learning and controlling the Force.

14. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Snoke was actually a host body for the Emperor who did all this to obtain a suitably powerful host body as he's been burning through the best the Imperial Remaint part of the reason for kidnapping entire families.
    Kylo however isn't the new host as an unexpected fight with Hux has the officer possessed by mistake.
    Barely escaping Kylo seeks help only to end up rescued by Finn & Poe who use the opportunity to seriously diss him for the entire trip home!
    Rey eventually believes him enough to agree to help him but not without precautions as Kylo tries to betray them after they killed Hux when Finn trips him up allowing Rey to drop kick him down a shaft!
    This time the Emperor tries to persuade a scarred Phasma to help but she kills him without a second thought!
    Kylo is left isolated on Ach-tu for his crimes with the others getting a reward ceremony before getting back to work taking back the Republic as a new enemy watches one that was responsible for sending Thrawn so many years previously...

15. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    And then the camera zooms into her belly and we see Snoke inside

16. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Kill Rey.

An essential difficulty with this trilogy is dealing with the old characters. How to use them without their stories swamping the new characters.

So Luke has to hide, then has to die.

So, save the pain. Avoid the problem of middle aged Rey getting in the way of whatever new hero they create for Episode X. And kill her now.

17. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Maybe Rey will sacrifice herself to save Kylo, and this finally turns him back to the light side. Then the Force (maybe on it's own or through Luke) brings Rey back to life like it brought Leia back. Kylo is seen as good and let go by Rey, but Ben then casts aside his lightsaber and arrives alone in the Falcon at the Ahch-To temple. We see Ben Solo meditating in a scene that mirrors Luke's final meditation on the rock. It's revealed Rey is alive in the last scene of the movie as Force Ghosts Luke and Leia look on and Rey, Poe, and Finn celebrate a big military victory with the Rebels. Hux is dead and the FO fleet decimated. The last remnants of the Empire swept away. The new Jedi Order and New Republic can now flourish.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  18. RKR

RKR Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 22, 2013
    [face_laugh] That's not a pleasant thought

19. yanote

yanote Jedi Knight star 2

May 1, 2016
    That is the ending i want.
    Plain perfect.

dekaneas likes this.
  20. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I won't be surprised if Rey is killed off in Ep. 9 but I also don't think they'd have a problem keeping her around since it's been suggested that there are other Force sensitive people awakening. My guess is that future Star Wars movies will simply introduce new Force sensitive characters in other parts of the galaxy that Rey isn't in. Rey won't be in the way. She simply won't be around. Then maybe years down the road they could bring her back after other Force sensitive characters have been established.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    dekaneas likes this.
  21. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    That's why I'm thinking it'll end with Kylo and Rey sitting on seesaw.:p

Uncivilized likes this.
  22. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    You would think this thread is on Crait considering the amount of salt in here.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  23. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    TBH my favorite scenes in TLJ are when they are focused on just ST characters, without Leia and Luke.. Like the scene when Finn and rose are trying to explain their plan to Poe, i love that scene.. Or Canto Bight scene, I really enjoyed that whole part of the movie. I dunno. lol. Part of me still wants another trilogy without any OT characters so why can focus 100 percent on Rey, Finn Poe, or new characters all together... And on another hand, I'm really ready for Skywalker saga to end.

dekaneas likes this.
  24. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Okay...

Big battle at the end. FO forces are heavily defeated; Hux drops the foolish act and sensibly gets his remaining forces out to fight another day...someday.
    Lando, the last of the Big Four, is asked to take on the office of New New Republic President. He's reluctant, until Poe bets that he can't do it. Lando takes the bet, provided Poe is his top General.
    Finn (who we learn is actually Lando's long-lost son) and Rose decide to marry, because it's a nice thing to do.
    Ben, reformed but shattered, exiles himself to Luke's island. But Ani's ghost is there to guide him back. And we briefly glimpse Leia and Han's ghosts watching from the distance.
    And Rey decides to start searching for new potential Jedi. But first, she makes a bit of a pilgrimage...to Tatooine. With Artoo & Threepio looking on, she arrives at the old Lars homestead. And, with Luke's ghost by her side, and the Force theme on the soundtrack, she watches...the sunsrise.
    Roll credits.

25. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Rey teaching younglings at Ahch-To's Jeid temple. XII could end with those younglings all grow up running the Jedi temple on Coruscant.