main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How will Episode IX end?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Wildcatbarry, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    In space on the Millennium Falcon, our heroes in the cockpit jumping to hyperspace.

(Chewbacca, Rey, Poe, Finn & Rose)

FN1971, Wildcatbarry and Jazz9276 like this.
  2. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I think it will end with the Jedi growing in numbers, leaving us with the idea that the Jedi aren’t going to become extinct. A time jump would help to show this.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Darth Smurf likes this.
  3. Boiiinng

Boiiinng Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 23, 2004
    -Rey will force jump into and merge with Kylo, creating a new fully balanced being called Neo and become god of the galaxy.

-The droids will finally realize that they hold all the power and will rise up and overtake the humanoids.

dlbates and Darth Smurf like this.
  4. jut

jut Jedi Master

Feb 20, 2002
    It's a bit rough but I wrote this idea this morning. Tell me what you think.

Rey and Ben are still connected with the force. Ben tells Rey he just wants it all to end, and he's coming to the light.

Eventually after many days of talking they meet. Ben promises to end the First Order. Ben and Rey realise their attraction, Ben is so different without the dark side.

They start to get romantically entangled. Ben tells Rey that Kylo Ren is no more but he must end the First Order alone. Then once that's done he must destroy Vader's castle on Mustafa, his last remaining reminder. Then it will be done.

Ben leaves Rey asleep as he departs dressed as Kylo Ren. He assembles with the First Order and has the battle to end all battles with the Resistance and their alleys. Both the First Order and the Resistance are virtually no more. The remaining few resistance are left trapped in a doomed cruiser that is destined to break up killing it's occupants, including heroes such as Poe and Finn. Kylo Ren has left for Mustafa.

Rey is waiting to hear back from Ben regarding the promise to end the First Order but gets a resistance distress signal from the cruiser. After being informed of a mighty battle led by Kylo Ren against the Resistance she realises she's been betrayed. Rey tells the Resistance she will come to their aid. It's too late the ship explodes.

Rey, knowing that Kylo will likely be on Mustafa goes to confront him.
    She finds him at Vader's castle.

Rey: you betrayed me

Kylo: no, the First Order is finished there's nothing left but you and me. Nothing can stop us. We can rule the galaxy.

Rey: that's not what I want, you're insane. You ended the First Order by killing my friends.

Rey clutches her belly, through the force she feels the life starting within her. Kylo notices and feels it too.

Kylo: let's do this together.

Rey: no, you will not have this.

Kylo: then I will hold you hostage until the day I can take it from you. I will have my apprentice.

Rey and Kylo commence a lightsabra battle. Rey determined to protect her unborn child from becoming Kylo Ren's apprentice . Kylo Ren holds back as he mustn't harm Rey or his unborn apprentice.

In the fight Kylo loses limbs and ends up burnt by fire from the spitting lava and is left for dead.

Rey leaves Mustafa to find that Poe, Finn and many other resistance managed to escape the cruiser in an escape pod. They meet and celebrate.

A burnt legless torso can be seen dragging itself by one burnt arm into Vader's medical chamber. Inside medical robots start to assist. A bacta tank and various Vader suits can be seen in the background.

Cut to black

The familiar mechanical sound of Vader breathing.

5. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    I'd love to see FG Luke visit the place he first learned about the Force - Ol Ben's home.

"Boy am I glad to see you."

6. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
  7. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Directed by J.J. Abrams

Oh, and with Rey and Kylo alive.

Gamma626 and teamhansolo like this.
  8. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Rey and Luke's ghost training Jedi on Batuu.
    Ben Solo on Ach To cut off from the force in self exile.
    It leaves the door open for many possibilities.

CommanderRussco likes this.
  9. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Rey embracing the teachings of the Prime Jedi
    Ben Solo as a guardian of the whills

Lomesa and RiddleMeThis like this.
  10. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I think they're going to keep the Jedi in smaller numbers after this. I don't think we'll see hundreds and thousands of them again.

11. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    Agree. Those days are over. The academy that Luke started (and Kylo destroyed) wasn’t huge either. It starts small and grows from there.

12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    "Out of the way hun. I got this."
    Ashoka pushes Rey aside, and ignites her sabre.

13. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]

There cannot be any other ending than this

14. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    Hopefully, as the last scene closes, whatever it may be, we hear the 'Force Theme' loud and clear from our man John Williams.

15. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I think to close the Saga, IX might:

- Redeem the PT Jedi. They helped turn the galaxy to the dark side by playing the role Sidious wanted them to play in it (they helped him do it basically). Luke's criticisms of them are legit. The redemption of the PT Jedi would be through Rey, who holds the ideal of the Jedi in her heart, and is learning what they should and should not be.

- Redeem Anakin's decision to choose the selfish path. TCW Anakin wasn't supposed to have a legacy/lineage of Force kids who the entire fate of everything in the galaxy revolves around. He was supposed to selflessly park himself on Mortis (whether literally or metaphorically) and balance the Force. It's not fair, but there was a reason the Force manifested in him with so much power. It was a gift with strings attached basically (with great power comes great responsibility). Anakin was never supposed to marry Padme AND remain a powerful player in the Force. He could have renounced his role and his power, and just lived as a normal man, though--the Force would have then manifested in someone else to be the Chosen One instead. But that's not what he did. He wanted his cake and to eat it too. And because of his selfish choices, the galaxy turned dark and all his descendants have to deal with his legacy as Vader. They have to dedicate themselves to freeing the galaxy of it; they have to give all of themselves to this. They have to take on the selfless mantle he himself refused.

- Free the galaxy at last of Darth Vader (and perhaps Sidious too). Although the individual of Anakin was redeemed in the OT, that did not free the galaxy of Vader (the galaxy in too many ways remains under his shadow). Anakin's redemption did finally fulfill his role in the Force: to destroy the Sith and bring balance by doing so, but unfortunately Vader is still there in spirit. Vader (and Sidious) is in the Senate as they scream and hate and fear and they cast Leia out for being his biological child (they are so blinded by negative emotion, they cannot even see her). Vader in on their planets that were devastated by the Empire, and in their fear-based decisions. Vader is in their families and networks of acquaintances who came in direct contact with him when he was alive. Vader is in those who worship him and aspire to be like him, to restore what he represented. Vader is in Snoke's mind as something to covet and have for himself. Vader is in his grandson's heart and imagination. Vader is in his daughter's mind in the form of fear and horror and trauma.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  16. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    It will end with Chancellor Organa dispatching Rey and broom boy to Naboo to resolve a tax dispute.

panki, moxlox and 11-4D like this.
  17. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    God, I sure hope not! That's like the most "been there, done that-y" of all "been there, done thats!"

I would love if the ending played out similar to this-something epic, with a moving tone of finality.

YES.

...And we come full circle.

After all, things have a tendency to end where they began...;)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  18. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    "This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental."

19. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Hopefully not with the Force theme again.

20. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    It’ll end with iris out and end credits. ;) And then end credits scene of Darth Plagueis (whose original identity is Jar Jar) cackling.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  21. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Ben Solo flying the millennium falcon into a reactor of the first order flag ship carrying General Hux.

FN1971 likes this.
  22. themoth

Dec 5, 2015
    A flash forward of 100 years, with R2’s downloaded data being used to recount the saga.

Jo Lucas likes this.
  23. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    STAR WARS WILL RETURN

24. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    That was always a fun way to end to James Bond in the 1980's.

Rey Skywalker will return in "Gullets are Forever"

25. Sard_Oola

Sard_Oola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 30, 2001
    More powerfully than you can possibly imagine?

Wildcatbarry likes this.