main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How will Han and Leia act in Dark Journey?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by tanjokabri, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    We saw the result of Chewie's death on Han in the Dark Tide and Agents of Chaos duologies... he was devastated...

are we going to see the same again? Will Han be able to cope with this new loss? How about Leia? And more to the point, do we want to see them moping around? Sure, it's more realistic, and we expect them to be mourning, but it doesn't do much to the story...

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Enemy Lines, probably not Dark Journey.

3. Elite_Guard

Elite_Guard Jedi Master star 2

Oct 7, 2001
    han seemed more pissed at this death

he was shooting the bejesus out of his house. he didnt have rage when chewie died...

4. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I expect they will be devestated, since they not only lost their son, but their daughter turned (even if they don't know it yet), but I think this feeling will steel their resolve to save the galaxy from the threat of the Vong. I can not see them sit by and do nothing, and I definately do not believe DR would be stupid enough to seperate them emotionally again...

~*~Bria

5. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I do believe they are in DJ, but not for long

6. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    Yes. I also thought they either appeared briefly or were mentioned.

SbS spoilers below...

Well if the authors follow the way H/L's behavior the way it was in SbS, we will hopefully not see them completely destroyed by the events of SbS. Leia was pretty devastated in the SbS but Han seemed to pull her out of it. He also seemed like he was going to try and be strong and hold things together, because obviously Leia wasn't able to play that role this time around. So I'm hoping that they will be mourning in the books to come but that they will be coping with everything together. I hope DR doesn't take the direction of separating them again... That would just be a bad move.

7. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    Yeah, Han really seemed to keep it together. It was good. And I don't think Leia will regress into the kind of state that Han did after Chewie.

She already showed that, although freaking out at first and going all crazy-like, she could overcome it with Han's help and do something.

I agree that this will only strengthen their resolve to fight the Vong with everything they've got. Their relationship, I believe, will not change, nor will either of their characters fall apart emotionally

8. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    Han will take his rage out on the Vong, and man Im glad I aint the Vong.

9. Beny_Onbe

Beny_Onbe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    Yeah, I agree that Han will get angry at the Vong, but if nothing else I think it will bring Han and Leia closer together. Han realizes that pushing everybody away after Chewie's death was a mistake and I don't think he'll repeat it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.