main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How will Lucas handle the New TV Series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jade40291, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    I'd be surprised if a SW show had a low budget... as if Lucas had been right when he said ep3 won't make much money because it's so dark...

One thing we all have to keep in mind is that Lucas hates the Holiday Special. So, even if childish stuff will be in the series, it will still keep a mythical structure (which is also evident in the fact that the first season is produced in one piece).

Will it be for kids or what I'd call "grown up kids"... hard to say. I'd like it best if it were made for the same demographics like Trek or Babylon 5 (or Galactica or you name it), but Lucas wanted SW to be like the serials he watched as a kid. I guess he'll still include the kids (and turn away from the supposed super-darkness of ROTS).

And about JMS... I'll believe it when I see the opening credits.

2. Darth-Wyrm

Darth-Wyrm Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2005
    I don't think you do a live-action series for the kids. You do a cartoon for the kids. Kids don't really get into live-action tv because the special effects just aren't there.

Shows like Buffy aren't aimed at kids, they're aimed at the teen audience, and it was a big hit.

I'd say the live-action SW will target the most important TV audience there is...18-30 age group. So it will have some light moments, but it should be a solid show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.