main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How will Mace die?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth_Luciferus, Jul 1, 2002.

?

How will Mace die?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. He'll go out like a punk

2.9%
  2. Boba will be responsible somehow ...

35.8%
  3. Palpatine will recite Exekiel 25:17 (the path of the righteous) before zapping him w/lightning

9.2%
  4. Duel with Darth Vader

40.3%
  5. A giant space shark will engulf him after he delivers an impassioned speech

6.1%
  6. Coruscant drive-by shooting

5.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Luciferus

Darth_Luciferus Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
  2. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    My gut feeling is that Palpy will reveal himself and simutaneously kill Mace; the head of the jedi council. A very dramatic and symbolic moment.

3. StormHawke

StormHawke Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2002
    I'd originally thought that, with the confrontation between Obi-Wan and Anakin, the final Jedi battles in Episode III would be comprised of teacher-student conflicts: i.e. Yoda vs. Dooku, Anakin vs. Obi-Wan... a resolution of based on a conflict of generations. This offered some interesting possibilities regarding Mace and the whole Sifo-Dyas mystery--that perhaps we'd see this mystery unravel in such a way that Mace's undoing would be in the midst of this revelation and that the epiphany would place him in a similar situation.

But that's just me trying to over-complicate matters. Mace is going to die in Dexter's during breakfast after a failed attempt to quote the Jedi Code to a pair of idiot robbers.

4. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    Isn't there already a "Fate of Mace" thread? I don't want to take the time to check. :)

5. GeorgeLouis

GeorgeLouis Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2002
    Vader will slice his head off as he did Jango.

6. Luke_Clone

Luke_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Boba will get his revenge. ;)

7. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Boba Fett will still be too young. He couldn't even kill Obi-Wan on Kamino. Darth Vader will have something to do with Mace's death. Either him or Palpatine.

8. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    Fett'll get him. I like the space shark idea though ;) :p

9. Luke_Clone

Jun 15, 2002
    "Boba Fett will still be too young."

If Anakin can podrace at age 9, Fett can kill a Jedi at age 13-14, IMHO. ;)

10. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    boba would be lame!!!!!
    a fight to the death with anakin/vader!!!!

11. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I'd love to see Boba take him out.

12. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    A space shark will eat him after his uplifting speech to the remaining few jedi.

I actually think Dooku will kill him.

13. Luke_Clone

Jun 15, 2002
    Not to seem more stupid than I already seem already but...

What is a "space shark?"

14. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I think he was refering to Jackson's Deep Blue Sea scene that had people buzzing in their seats. Took everyone by surprise.

How about Windu giving a pep rally similar to that or Braveheart/Patriot and then all of a sudden Slave-1 Firespray cannons start pounding the deck from above?
    At least it won't look like Jackson died a punk...

15. mjerome3

May 11, 2000
    I just can't see Mace Windu dying by anything else than a Sith's lightsaber or perhaps Force lightning. Unless Boba Fett blows up his ship or something, then I can't see Boba firing laser blasts at a strong Jedi like Windu and killing him. Given Mace Windu's might, he should die somewhat similair to how Qui-Gon died. We've seen him use his lightsaber but we haven't seen him duel yet. Darth Vader will take Mace out in a duel that won't even last that long.

My prediction.

16. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    What on Earth. The real answer is not even on the poll.

Death by Dooku!!!

17. mjerome3

May 11, 2000
    I don't see that happening. It's only fitting that Mace Windu sees the fall of Anakin Skywalker until it's completion since he's one of the Jedi Masters who opposed Skywalker's training in the Jedi Arts in the first place.

Dooku is a fool. I don't think he'll manage to kill anyone except for a few Jedi who might not be on his level. But he'll manage to be killed simply because he's a foolish traitor.

18. clan-of-the-jedi

clan-of-the-jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2002
    i belive that Mace will fall by Boba's blaster. My whole theory is that Mace is Padma's bodyguard and Boba hunts Mace to show everone that he is a expert bounty hunter and for revenge. At the same time Mace's lightsaber deflects the blast and kills Padma. Sufering from the shock of killing Padma, Boba is able to kill Mace.

Ironic isn't it?

19. Darth_Dragon_7

Darth_Dragon_7 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    Why I dont think Boba will kill him singlehandedly, I believe he'll have something to do with it.

20. StarWhat27

StarWhat27 Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2002
    I agree with DarthDragon. This may be the time where Boba gets his recognition as a Bounty Hunter. BTW clanofthejedi, nice Icon.

21. jacensky315

jacensky315 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2002
    The West Side Twileks are gonna pull a fast one on him. [face_laugh]

22. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    My theory:

Triple threat- Mace vs. Dooku vs. Anakin

Dooku gets killed.

Anakin whoops Mace to the ground. As he's about to strike the bad motha down...

...Boba Fett snipers him out or pushes Anakin out of the way to avenge his father.

23. Luke_Clone

Jun 15, 2002
    "I think he was refering to Jackson's Deep Blue Sea scene that had people buzzing in their seats. Took everyone by surprise."

Oh thank you kampilan. :)

24. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Jabachile---or something close to that!
    I think Windu will be wide open when he dies. Exhausted and too tired to be 100% performance. I agree that we need to see Windu duel...

25. Thyrsan4Blood

Thyrsan4Blood Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2002
    NO WAY Dooku kills Mace. Did you see how scared Dooku was when he saw the powerful Windu kill Jango Fett with ease. Dooku took so much pride in recruiting the great Jango Fett, and too have Mace kill him w/o breaking a sweat, showed how weak Dooku is. Dooku was getting his butt kicked by Yoda, who was just toying with him. No way he beats Mace. Plus, Anakin has to kill Dooku, cuz there can only be one apprentice, remember? And just to make the story feel right, either Anakin/Vader or the Emperor has to kill Mace, nobody else is worthy. Boba would be interesting, but he's too young, and like someone said, the only way he kills Mace is by a bomb, and then that would make Mace go out like a punk, a no masters are going to go out like a punk!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.