main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How will Mace die?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth_Luciferus, Jul 1, 2002.

?

How will Mace die?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. He'll go out like a punk

2.9%
  2. Boba will be responsible somehow ...

35.8%
  3. Palpatine will recite Exekiel 25:17 (the path of the righteous) before zapping him w/lightning

9.2%
  4. Duel with Darth Vader

40.3%
  5. A giant space shark will engulf him after he delivers an impassioned speech

6.1%
  6. Coruscant drive-by shooting

5.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twelve_Motion

Twelve_Motion Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    I think he will go out like a punk. And by that I mean he will be killed by Dooku.

2. senseless_apprentice

senseless_apprentice Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2002
    Sam would beat George for that one. Thats why Sidious (most powerful force user) will be the only one to kill the mighty Windu.

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Well senseless, not "going out like a punk" could result in many different scenarios, as has been chronicled in the 10 pages (so far) of this thread.

I am of those who believe that Sidious should never raise a finger in a combat situation - he is the ultimate mastermind. I don't think he should have a lightsaber either.

I still (shudder to) think that Lucas will bring Boba Fett into Mace's death.

I think it will therefore be either a combination of (a) Dooku and Boba, or (b) Anakin and Boba.

4. Tracer_Bullet

Tracer_Bullet Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    I'm hoping that we see Anakin kill Mace. So far, we have seen Anakin/Vadar fight Dooku and lose miserably; fight an old man and win; fight a young boy with no experience and win; and fight the same boy again and lose. That isn't that great of a track record for the "Chosen One," especially considering Anakin is supposed to have a higher midcloridian (is that the word?) count than even Yoda. And since we know that he will lose again to Obi-Wan in Episode III, we should at least see him beat at least two other Sith/Jedi, one of them being Mace.

However, I have a sickening feeling that Lucas will tie in Boba Fett with Mace's death. I really hope he doesn't, though. If Episode III is supposed to take place 2-3 years after Attack of the Clones, that means Boba would be around 13. That is way too young for him to be involved in the killing of a Jedi. It would look kind of ridiculous if Lucas really did that.

5. scuiggefest

scuiggefest Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    Why does anyone think Boba will have anything to do with Mace's death? It seems like a common speculation but I've never seen a shredd of evidence!! It seems completely unlikely to me

6. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    scuigge - no offence but it seems pretty obvious. Well, not obvious but implied - Boba loves his father, thinks he's the cat's pajamas. Boba is being trained by his father.

Boba's training is cut short because Jango is decapitated by none other than Mace Windu. We see the shot of Boba holding Jango's helmet and think "wow, I bet he probably doesn't like Mace too much right now."

As you said, we have no DIRECT evidence that Boba will kill, or at least be involved in the death of Mace.

Lucas likes circles and connections.

I don't think many people WANT it to happen, and maybe we'll be lucky and GL will read this thread and think "you know, sometimes they're right!" and scrap that idea.

7. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    I voted for "Duel with Darth Vader." I don't think there will be enough time for Mace to be killed by Vader - but Anakin will probably do it.

8. senseless_apprentice

senseless_apprentice Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2002
    Evidence points to the fact that Anakin will turn into Vader before he's in the suit. Only 5 minutes will he be in the suit.

9. scuiggefest

Dec 8, 2002
    Garth somehow I never made the connection between Mace killing Boba's father and Boba killing Mace. I still don't think it really makes sense but at least now I know why people say that.

10. ogilbyb

ogilbyb Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    I believe there are two logical options for canidates to kill Mace Windu. (1) Mace dies by the hand of Darth Sidious in a duel but he defeats a bunch of royal gaurds in the process or he dies protecting Yoda and allowing Yodas escape like Obi Wan did for Luke and his companions in ANH (Mace sacrifices his life and dissapears). (2) Darth Vader catches up with Mace near the end of The Purge (the rest of The Jedi council other then Yoda are dead at this point) and kills him and Mace dissapears. Both ways insure that Mace gets the glorious death he deserves and both Palpatine and Vader seem strong enough to destroy him.

11. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Palpatine will recite Exekiel 25:17 (the path of the righteous) before zapping him w/lightning

12. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    Agreed!!!!

Knowing Mace's power, I think the only person capable of killing him would be Sidious. Thats just my humble oppinion.

13. scuiggefest

Dec 8, 2002
    It's gotta be someone powerful. Maybe an AT AT will step on him.

14. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    :D (too bad they haven't been created yet :p)

15. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    I guess its possible that Vader will kill Mace but in my heart, I doubt it. I see it like this.

We have four main Jedi good guys.

Obi-Wan
    Qui-Gon
    Mace
    Yoda

Qui-Gon is killed that leaves the other three. I believe in order for Obi and Yoda to escape, Mace takes on the Emporer. While the Emporer has a little trouble with Mace, Yoda and Kenobi take off with the twins. Makes sense to me but I dunno....

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    You know- I know that GL had to stew about how to properly kill off Mace. But I've always thought that Anakin had a thing against him ever since Mace initially refused to train him in TPM. Young Anakin just GLARED at him.

I would love nothing better than to have Mace come face to face w/ Vader and have them duel- particularly if Mace is protecting Yoda and Obi-Wan from escaping w/ Padme and the twins. It would make Mace's death tragic, and heroic.

Plus it would really show the birth of Vader in Anakin- that he's feeding on all of that hidden rage and resentment that's spent a lifetime festering in his soul.

Besides, Samuel Jackson dueling w/ JEJ (ok- his voice) would just be awesome :D

17. Da_Joker

Da_Joker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2003
    He'll sheath the sword!

18. JEDI_COUNCIL88

JEDI_COUNCIL88 Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2003
    rumor has it his head get cut off

19. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    I'd like to see Anakin wound him to the point where Windu can no longer fight or protect himself. However I really wish for Boba Fett to do the job, as lame as most of you feel this is. So maybe Anakin will step aside and let Boba finish Windu off.

20. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    Boba can't even fill his Father's pants! How could he take out "The Master" Jedi?

21. THE_DARKNESS_WITHIN

THE_DARKNESS_WITHIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2003
    In the Episode II DVD audio commentary Lucas goes on about the Fett's aray of weapons & that he's saving one main feature for Episode III. Boba Fett will get revenge on Mace by disintegrating him, similar to the vampire disintegrations in the Blade films. In Episode V, Lord Vader points to Boba Fett & says 'No disintegrations'. Lucas also goes on about Mace's death being "special" & something never seen before in STAR WARS.

22. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Well, it could be "special" simply because we haven't seen many major "good" characters dying.

I've heard the disintegration theory before, but I never knew GL said he's saving one Fett weapon for Episode III.

Nevertheless, even WITH a disintegrator beam, Boba would still have to hit Mace - and I think that would be difficult indeed.

Mace is the big #2 Jedi in the galaxy. Boba Fett will be around 14 years old, even with a disintegrator.

Don't worry, though - I'm already setting myself up for a crappy Windu death, then if it is actually cool, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

23. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    I've changed my mind since I last posted in this thread. (well, sorta)

I think Dooku will duel with Mace, and win, striking a mortal blow to the Jedi Order and getting revenge for Boba.

24. padawan_ry

padawan_ry Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2003
    there is no way dooku will kill mace, mace is to strong for that punk they call a sith.

Mace will die in a very Noble way like trying to save some one.

25. Emi-Yan_Tetu

Emi-Yan_Tetu Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2001
    It's sounds unlikely but I think it's set up for Boba to bump off Maceo.

I don't know how but I'm sure Lucas will find a believable way...

I'm also certain we'll find out the meaning behind the "No disentigrations" line in Eppy III at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.