main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How will Mace die?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth_Luciferus, Jul 1, 2002.

?

How will Mace die?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. He'll go out like a punk

2.9%
  2. Boba will be responsible somehow ...

35.8%
  3. Palpatine will recite Exekiel 25:17 (the path of the righteous) before zapping him w/lightning

9.2%
  4. Duel with Darth Vader

40.3%
  5. A giant space shark will engulf him after he delivers an impassioned speech

6.1%
  6. Coruscant drive-by shooting

5.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    I think a more believeable way to go about that would be to have Dooku, Boba's benefactor, to kill Mace. Boba gets his revenge, and Dooku kills one of the leaders of the Council.

2. Chewbacca of Kashyyyk

Chewbacca of Kashyyyk Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 1999
    CoK hopes that Dooku is gone very quickly in Ep 3. Snzzzzzzzzzzzz....he was a boring, boring baddie and since there can not be more than two Sith, it would be nice for hayden to do him in early

Justify Jar Jar and dust Dooku!!

3. Jedi_Master201

May 5, 2001
    How about this: Windu goes in near the beginning to confront Dooku and end the war. They duel, Dooku kills Mace.

Anakin comes in right afterwards, kills Dooku, ends the war and becomes a hero.

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    That would certainly kickstart my heart...I mean Episode III.

However, I still think that Anakin and Dooku will be involved in a Throne-Room like scenario, with Sidious cackling like a maniac, building up to Anakin's eventual full turn to the DS.

Therefore Dooku has to stick around for a while.

5. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    Well not exactly, there could be an introduction, a battle right off the bat leading to the Anakin = Dooku duel in front of Darth Sidious. This would secure Anakin's loyalty for the begining of the purge. He can't kill Jedi if he still is a Jedi, IMO.

If you want to know who kills Mace, look at my sig, its perfect!

6. THE_DARKNESS_WITHIN

THE_DARKNESS_WITHIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2003
    Even though Anakin turns to the Dark Side there's still good in him. He has a lot of respect for Mace & isn't happy with Bobba disintergrating his mentor.... which is blatantly obvious in E.S.B. when Vader says 'No disintergrations' quite forcefully as he holds a grudge against Bobba.

7. lorn_zahl

Oct 19, 2002
    That would be a cool tie in if Boba did in fact kill mace, something I highly doubt. I think Vader was just concerned about his daughter, and maybe Chewie....

poor Han, no one likes him....

I wonder what the Jedi will do to make Boba hate the Skywalkers?

8. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Well...perhaps Boba sees Luke and thinks "great, another Jedi."

He's a young kid, so maybe he starts to hate all Jedi - I wouldn't be surprised if he was manipulated by Dooku or Sidious as well.

I have a feeling once again, GL is going to respond to people's complaints that we don't get to see Boba Fett kick butt.

But I'm not even sure that Boba needs to be in Episode III for more than maybe a cameo appearance.

Please, no more child actors.

Please, no more relating everything in the SW universe between a few characters.

We don't need a huge relationship to develop between Vader and Boba, Boba Fett is the galaxy's #1 bounty hunter, that's all we need to know for the OT.

Lucas has enough unresolved stuff to deal with from TPM and AOTC; he doesn't need to introduce new stories as well.

9. Jedi_Master201

May 5, 2001
    It's fairly easy to see why Boba ends up hating the Skywalkers: Anakin will kill Boba's "grandfather".

He'll really have no one to run to with Dooku dead. And then he hears about a certain crime lord on Tatooine...

As to Dooku dying in the beginning and the whole "throne room" scenario, I don't see why it has to perfectly mirror RotJ. Also, Palpatine could be present during the duel in the beginning. AND, what's more, Anakin's duel with Obi-Wan at the end could be the "throne room" scene.

10. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    fair enough.

I like your Dooku idea better than Boba-kills-Mace. I just can't get behind it....a 15-year-old killing Jedi #2.

11. Jedi_Master201

May 5, 2001
    Me neither. I mean I could see it happen, given the right situation, but I don't think it's a fitting way for Mace to die.

Then again, George has never been one to give fitting deaths, EXCEPT when it comes to the good guys. ;) So maybe there is hope.

12. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    even if windu is one of the greatest jedi in the world, he wont stand up against a disintegrater once he's minus an arm or maybe a leg(anakin's doing possibly). i think and hope boba does away with him.

13. lorn_zahl

Oct 19, 2002
    Yeah, but would Sam like going out like a chump? Getting killed by a little kid...

"I don't think so"

14. kingthlayer

Jun 7, 2003
    good point, SLJ seems to have a pretty solid hold over lucas, as he got a different lightsaber color and such.

maybe it'd seem less severe for windu if he was just involved in a lightsaber battle with anakin in which he pulled out all the stops.

15. lorn_zahl

Oct 19, 2002
    Yeah, but I think any death scene involving a kid killing the mighty Sam J would come off... a little... chump.

Anakin could kill Windu but its not as climactic as the Emporer doing it.

16. THE_DARKNESS_WITHIN

Jun 10, 2003
    I know it's hard to believe an ordinary kid could kill a Jedi Master, after all Jango Fett was no match for Mace.... & I don't want Boba to kill Mace.... but I understand the way Lucas thinks.
    Boba is a long standing character & Lucas will give Boba an "X-factor" by letting him disintergrate Mace.
    "Sneaky" is a characteristic of Boba.... don't under estimate him.

17. Jedi_Knight_Kenobi

Jedi_Knight_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2002
    what if boba fett used grow accelerators?
    I don't like the idea because I'd think it's pathetic if boba takes out mace, but still..

18. THE_DARKNESS_WITHIN

Jun 10, 2003
    I can't see Mace being killed by a light saber, because thats "BORING".
    Gin, Maul & Jango died that way....
    Lucas wants Mace to die spectacularly in a way we've never seen before.
    DISINTERGRATION....

19. kingthlayer

Jun 7, 2003
    after all, that line in ESB has to mean something!

and vader knows, so perhaps anakin did hurt windu to the point where he could no longer fight and let boba go at it.

20. lorn_zahl

Oct 19, 2002
    Lucas wants Mace to die spectacularly in a way we've never seen before.
    DISINTERGRATION....

Ben Kenobie disintegrated......

21. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    disintegration (from Dictionary.com):

n. The act or process of disintegrating.
    The state of being disintegrated.
    Physics & Chemistry. The natural or induced transformation of an atomic nucleus from a more massive to a less massive configuration by the emission of particles or radiation.

I don't think Ben Kenobi disintegrated - he simply vanished.;)

22. padawan_ry

padawan_ry Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2003
    personaly I hope he doses not die...
    I hope he runs off to some far away planet, and hides out just like obi-wan does.

23. bountyhuntr

bountyhuntr Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2003
    A gang called the hatians from Grand Theft Auto:Vice City will find a way into this dimension get a hovering voodoo and shoot him.

Hatian:I want to hear you scream
    Tommy Vercetti:Move idiot!
    Mace Windu:You stupid ignorant son of a bitch dumb bastard!!!
    Hatian:Waste him!

(loud echoing gunshots)

Tommy Vercetti:You *******s never learn do you. (please don't ban me for this)

Loud echoing gunshot again

Then the Columbian Cartel from Grand Theft Auto III comes.

Cartel:Finish him

Loud rapid gunfire shots.

Cartel:eek:k, you guys the job is done let's go.

(Cars driving away sounds)

Note:This would be more easy to know what the hell I'm talking about if you play Grand Theft Auto games.

24. THE_DARKNESS_WITHIN

Jun 10, 2003
    I live on the same planet as Jango & Boba Fett (Auckland, New Zealand).
    When shooting Ep2 in mid 2000, Boba (Daniel Logan) was pre-puberty....

"Trust me" boys & girls, changed him puberty has. He'll fit into the Bounty Hunter Rocket Suit.

Jango Fett is very short.... I'm 6'3" & in 1996 I physically bumped into him on the street & in 1999 delivered him pizza.

25. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    up.

I am acting as an upper for this board, we need more activity!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.