main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How will Mace die?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth_Luciferus, Jul 1, 2002.

?

How will Mace die?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. He'll go out like a punk

2.9%
  2. Boba will be responsible somehow ...

35.8%
  3. Palpatine will recite Exekiel 25:17 (the path of the righteous) before zapping him w/lightning

9.2%
  4. Duel with Darth Vader

40.3%
  5. A giant space shark will engulf him after he delivers an impassioned speech

6.1%
  6. Coruscant drive-by shooting

5.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    Boba I think will get his revenge!

2. QuiGonHrafn

QuiGonHrafn Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 25, 2002
    I hope not. I hope it is either Sidius or Anakin. Alhough Anakin seems doubtful since Lucas claimed he would die in the clone wars. My guess is that he discovers who Palpy is and then they will battle. I want them to battle - not Yoda. I've had quite enough of silly lightsaber skills from Yoda.

3. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    Just please, PLEASE, don't let it be by Boba. If a kid can kill one of the most powerful Jedi of all times, then I'll be damned and I will curse George Lucas into eternal oblivion!

4. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    ^^^^me too.....i dont want anakin to kill him, i want VADER to kill him, anakin isnt a strong enough jedi, but as a sith who knows?...im kind of hoping for a 2 on 2 battle, sidious and vader in armor versus mace and yoda....thatd be great but itll prolly just be a 1 on 1 with vader at the very very end of the movie

5. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    i agree with master Nokta, as it I think we/ or me personally, would like to see AnaVader kill many Jedi, as well as BenK "Yep, Vader/Anakin has to be the one to kill Mace. Lucas has to show Vader "hunting down and destroying the Jedi Knights"

Also all you boba lovers out there who hope he gets his revenge, remember the story is not about a cloned boy, but rather the rise, fall and redemption of a warrior. We have already scene the redemption, we have scene the rise, now all there is for us to see is the fall. When he falls he will lead to the demise to many Jedi, including Mace's.

6. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Well, there are a couple ways they could have Boba kill Mace...have Mace fatally wounded by someone else then finished with a laserblast by Boba or something.

I still don't know if the Boba theory will be true, but there are ways they could do it.

7. vikingjedi1

vikingjedi1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2001
    Yep, I agree. Mace could lose a battle, be injured, and have his lightsaber destroyed. Then along comes Boba in his dad's ship. That would rule.

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
  9. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    mace will be killed by vader and sidious...and it will be amazing, thats what i hope neway

10. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    The general

11. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    I voted, "Boba will be responsible somehow..."

Only because it just seems right that he'd want revenge after what happened to his father.

12. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    and as soon as anybody nominates Boba to kill Mace, I have to step in and express my disapproval. ;)

I've said it 2,441 times before - the final shot of Boba from AOTC is a brilliant end to his character arc...until he reappears in ESB with armor familiar yet different from his "father's".

Preserve the mystique of Boba. It's also inconceivable that a 13-year-old (or whatever) could take out Jedi #2 in the galaxy. And if Mace is shot in the back, well SLJ just said he didn't want to go out like a punk...

I too think it will be Anakin or Sidious, and possibly both - a suitable death for Mace.

13. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    All right the main event for epiii will be Obi/AnaVader, now imagine if the scene just before or two scenes before is AnaVader/Mace. That would defitenely enhance the Obi/AnaVader fight to another level.

**Member of the Vader Must Kill Mace Club**

14. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    Repost ;):
    I disagree. Mace is a very important Jedi, but this doesn't mean that he has to killed in an important manner - in fact I think his death should be pitiful.

You say that Mace's death represents the death of the Jedi order (and it might), but the Jedi order hasn't gone down in a blaze of glory, it hasn't been fighting a mass war with the Sith-or-whoever, it has been deceived, manipulated and ultimately eradicated though the shadiest means - and by somebody who the Jedi blindly serve, stabbed in the back, true cloak and dagger stuff. But this is beside the point...

...EpIII is the turning point, the civilised age that Ben speaks of in ANH is over. There are huge weapons now, armies that span worlds. The time of the Jedi is over - battles are not fought in their style now, they're outnumbered and outgunned. Mace's death should highlight this. If he fought Anakin and lost, it'd be a case of Anakin being stronger. But it's not. The Jedi have had it, their days numbered. It's over.

There is a scene in the Seven Samurai that pulls this off brilliantly, I'll try to find it out later if people are interested. :)

15. Scott3eyez

Scott3eyez Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2001
    I think the Boba idea is nice, but wrong.

Mace managed to kill Jango pretty easily- and we knew from his fight with Obi Wan that Jango was pretty hard...

I wonder how he would fare against a couple of dozen Jango clones suddenly turning on him in mid-battle?

16. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003

I wonder how he would fare against a couple of dozen Jango clones suddenly turning on him in mid-battle?

Those clones were altered though, and I believe w/ the mods that were made, they are not quite as dangerous as the real thing

17. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    As much as everyone wants to see it, I just don't see Anakin killing Mace. Frankly, I have a hard time believing Anakin will kill any Jedi prior to facing Obi-Wan.

I think it will be either General G or Sidious.

18. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Yes I agree... it seems quite a good possibility that it will be Grevious and his guards.

But above all I love the idea that Mace dies protecting Anakin because he believes he's the Chosen One.

19. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Hmmmm. Yes, I like that idea. To top it off, what if at the very moment of his death, he realizes his failure in protecting the Chosen One? What if he is defeated and on his knees, and Palpatine reveals the truth about Anakin's future.

Not sure how this could play out, but I'm just imagining the look on Mace's face when he realizes that he has failed utterly, and then is struck down.

20. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
  21. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Why am I not surprised, Dustin? [face_mischief]

22. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    We're like the triumvirate. :p

I like to think of the most tragic and ironic situations for Episode III, I hope I won't be disappointed if George isn't as obsessed with that as I am. ;)

23. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    I definitely think we will watch epiii and w/ our knowledge, and the horror/slasher movie reaction, "No don't go into that room". As GL as stated the events in the pt will make us unlearned what we have learned in the ot. And I think ep iii will shake our knowldege of eps i & ii. And all though we know what is supposed to happen, the way they do it will shock us. Maybe how Mace dies, protecting Anakin, trying to redeem him, like Obi later tries, and Luke succeeds.

However there is also a part of me that does not want to get my hopes up to much, w/ all these great theories that we have, only to be disappointed by the end result.

24. Darth_Finkle

Darth_Finkle Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2003
    I think that Mace will die fighting Dooku, but take Dooku down with him.

Samuel L. Jackson said in an interveiw something along these lines:

[i]"I get a totally satisfactory death scene...someone with my skills, I have to take someone down with me."[/i]
    [hr]

After what we saw between Dooku and Mace in Ep.2, I think it is logical to guess that they will battle eachother to the death in Ep.3.

That's just my two cents.

25. Darth_Finkle

Darth_Finkle Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2003
    Of course, Boba could also be reckoned into this scenario. Perhaps a well aimed blaster shot to distract Mace while Dooku delivers the death blow, and as he falls Mace takes Dooku down with a final thrust. Any thoughts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.