main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How will Mace die?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth_Luciferus, Jul 1, 2002.

?

How will Mace die?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. He'll go out like a punk

2.9%
  2. Boba will be responsible somehow ...

35.8%
  3. Palpatine will recite Exekiel 25:17 (the path of the righteous) before zapping him w/lightning

9.2%
  4. Duel with Darth Vader

40.3%
  5. A giant space shark will engulf him after he delivers an impassioned speech

6.1%
  6. Coruscant drive-by shooting

5.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sposam

Sposam Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2002
    Two bounty hunters get into the Jedi Temple. Mace is able to kill one (Aurra Sing) on her escape attempt, but unable to stop a younger version of the man he beheaded on Geonosis. Oh, the reason for the break-in: plant a thermal detonator and see the downfall of a good chunk of Jedi. Might be the back story of Vader's side remark to Boba is ESB. Not a popular idea, but it keeps lurking in my mind.

2. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    "I think based on Rick's hnts Boba will kill Padme."

I cannot see this happening, especially considering Vader's apparent respect for Boba in Empire.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    instant poster, gust add wind!

3. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Well I am basing this on a hint, remember this is a forum for guessing. Nothing i concrete ;)

Anyway Boba may kill Padme, Vader may not know Boba killed her and Boba may not realise that Vader is actually Anakin Skywalker.
    Its a possibility if you can fit thepieces, but its only an idea.

4. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    I really wish that Mace will be killed by the Emperor. "So be it...Jedi"

5. Punisher

Punisher Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 1998
    If Mace Windu has to die then I expect him to be taken out by Palpatine (and Anakin/Vader).

Why?

He wouldn't expect it (he didn't expect Dooku to be involved in Padme's assasination, so it is possible) and if Anakin/Vader takes him out, then wouldn't it make Obi-Wan look like a better warrior or was Obi-Wan just lucky?

Obi-Wan had trouble dealing with Jango, but Mace took Jango down...I think it would be strange to see Obi-Wan defeat Anakin/Vader after Mace has been killed by Anakin/Vader.

So to me, the only logical way for Mace to die would be for him to be blindsided by Palaptine OR Anakin/Vader & Palptine join together to defeat Mace.

At least that way Mace "won't go out like a punk."
    I think seeing a young Boba Fett taking Mace out would be silly considering a "experienced" Boba Fett couldn't kill Luke Skywalker (and he had 2 chances to do that!).

Mace is either "tag teamed" or overwhelmed by Anakin/Vader and many Clones.

I posted this earlier in another thread, I didn't realize that this was an ongoing discussion.

6. Jedi_Jason5001

Jedi_Jason5001 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    Dont know if this has been said yet but Boba's got to disintegrate somebody so maybe(probably?) goes after Mace. What I'd like to see is Mace get maybe his arm disintegrated and then another body part or something. Hey it could happen.

7. JBFett

JBFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I think Palpatine will be involved somehow...but I feel it will take more than one to overpower Mace.

8. TheWombat

TheWombat Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Mace Windu racing down a hall, trying to find Palpatine and confront him, when suddenly a blast door opens, revealing Eddie Murphy weilding a mop handle. The one adversary to ever defeat him in a humiliating fashion, the one opponent he cannot overcome.

9. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    I see Mace dying after slipping on a bar of soap in the shower of the Jedi Temple and falling through the glass door. Man, talk about a bad way to go.

10. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    I see Mace dying after slipping on a bar of soap in the shower of the Jedi Temple and falling through the glass door. Man, talk about a bad way to go.

Of course knowing Lucas, this is completely possible.

11. Yodimusprime

Yodimusprime Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2002
    My theory: Mace meets and old friend, Harison Solo-father of Han. They get to talking at the local pub and Solo pulls out this great dish of water. Says if you got the right cup, it'll make you live forever. Now, Mace, being the virtuous Jedi that he is, takes up this cool offer and trys it out. He drinks the water out of his sweet gold saber hilt...and ages almost instantly into a dried skeleton.

The End.
    Roll credits.

12. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    "I think based on Rick's hnts Boba will kill Padme."

I cannot see this happening, especially considering Vader's apparent respect for Boba in Empire.

What makes you think Vader wouldn't respect Boba because he killed Padme? There's no reason to think Anakin/Vader was still interested in her at all at the time of his fall. In fact, I think it's fairly likely that in Palpatine's manuveuring to get Anakin to start using the dark side, he will convince Anakin that no one loves him and turn Anakin and Padme against each other.

13. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    I can't see Anakin/Vader having anything to do with Padme's death. It'd destroy sympathy for him entirely, as well as making his redemption in ROTJ ludicrous. Why would he kill his wife, and yet turn on the Emperor to save the son he's never known?

And going back to the main topic, Mace should die at Palpy's hands. If Jango Fett couldn't beat Mace, how can Boba Fett, who, lest we forget, got taken out by a blind man waving a stick around.

14. Darth-Spectrom

Darth-Spectrom Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2002

I think Boba will grow up from AOTC to Ep.III, because ten years will have passed. He could get his father's helmet and clothes and set off to blast Mace's head off.

15. TheWombat

Oct 9, 2002
    Ten years? Is that official? I had always assumed it'd be more like two... enough time to get busy and make some twins.

16. darthmcbane

darthmcbane Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2002
    i think the gap is 3 years. i'm certain its not 10.

17. TheWombat

Oct 9, 2002
    Okay, that's what I thought. I dont wanna see Padme with 10 years of age makeup!

18. azzgonjinn

azzgonjinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2002
    I would like to see the following, Vader/ Sidious trying to get hold of the twins, to train them in the ways of the sith. obi, padme, the twins and yoda and mace trying to escape. And mace decides to sacrifice himself for the others to escape, he puts up an absolutely awesome fight against vader and sidious at the same time, but is eventually killed but gives the others time to escape.

19. Darth_Brooks317

Darth_Brooks317 Jedi Youngling

Sep 26, 2002
    The ONLY way it could happen....Mace screams the "wilhelm" as he is trampled to death by a dozen malfunctioning battle droids saying "Die Jedi Die!" and "Roger roger!" over and over again.

20. TenorAprentice

TenorAprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    posted again, from Ask the Jedi Council, Rick

There was 10 years between Episodes I and II. How much time will pass between Episodes II and III?

Right now, it looks like around 2 to 3 years

21. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I could see mace dying in a very dramatic/heroic death.

For example, Defending Obi-wan and giving him some time to get the twins off planet and away from the empire.

22. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Yeah, i can see MAce pulling a "Ganner Rhysode" (EU talk) and taking out half of army of the vong... seperatists... Imperials.... whoever the bad guys are. But boba snipes him out, and Vader gives him a quick-but-respectful nod/salute.

23. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I say the clones well kill him with Darth vader when he backs up with the jedi battles.

24. SithJedi

SithJedi Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2002
    I think that Mace will say something about kicking Ani out of the Jedi Order (because he married) and Anikan will go into (like with the Tiskens in AOtC) a fit of rage and Mace will die.

25. Tupolov

Tupolov Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Mace will be minding his own business when he is shot by someone who tried unsuccessfullt to sell him Death-Sticks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.