main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How will Mace die?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth_Luciferus, Jul 1, 2002.

?

How will Mace die?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. He'll go out like a punk

2.9%
  2. Boba will be responsible somehow ...

35.8%
  3. Palpatine will recite Exekiel 25:17 (the path of the righteous) before zapping him w/lightning

9.2%
  4. Duel with Darth Vader

40.3%
  5. A giant space shark will engulf him after he delivers an impassioned speech

6.1%
  6. Coruscant drive-by shooting

5.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLord127

SithLord127 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2002
    Boba Fett will kill Mace Windu with Aurra Sing's help.

2. BlackPool

BlackPool Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 29, 2000
    I didn't vote because there wasn't an "other" choice.

The more I think about it the more I think Mace will die holding off a hord of troops so that the twins will survive.

He SHOULD go out like a punk though.

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    No, YOU should go out like a punk, BlackPool!

Kidding. I agree with you, actually - that way Lucas can show "Hey! Look! Mace Windu is GOOD! He's a good guy! Not a traitor!"

-dust

4. itchytasty79

itchytasty79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    Three words:

Deep Blue Sea

5. BlackPool

Mar 29, 2000
    LOL, Garth.

Mace Windu is as overrated as Boba Fett ever was. The only difference is Lucas likes him.

6. darthpigskin

darthpigskin Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2001
    OK, I have to put in my two cents worth.

No way Boba Fett will kill Mace. That would be dumb. He's a kid and too much Fett in the story would cheapen the whole series.
    Mace is known to be one of the strongest Jedi (obviously) so he couldn't just die at the hand of a kid.

As for Dooku taking him out... Not a chance. That also would be too cheap. Dooku is powerful, but it still would make Mace's death too cheesy (like Jango's, which in my opinion was lame).

Mace Windu's role has been built up in the last two movies. So he has to go out as a hero. Maybe sacrificing himself for Yoda, ObiWan, and Padme.

I think he should die at the hand of Vader. Mace had such a strong feeling that Anakin should not be trained. Maybe he felt a disturbance in the force, a foreshadowing of what was to come.

Anyway... that's what I think.

7. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    I chose duel with Vader. I think Mace will be one of the first extinguised in "The Purge".

8. BenK

BenK Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 26, 2002
    Yep, Vader/Anakin has to be the one to kill Mace. Lucas has to show Vader "hunting down and destroying the Jedi Knights", and apart from Yoda and Obi-Wan (who won't die in Ep 3), Mace is the only "prominent" Jedi left... Plus having Vader kill Mace will demonstrate how powerful Vader really is, and perhaps anger Obi-Wan enough such that it sets up the climactic battle between him and Anakin...

9. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    BlackPool, I'm not even sure Lucas likes him that much. I was under the impression that the only reason Mace got such a big role in the prequels was because Sam Jackson threatened to cry if he didn't. ;)

Sam has said that he would like his character to be killed by Vader, and since Lucas has bowed to him on so many other points so far, including the purple lightsaber, it's possible he'll bow on that one too.

Edit: Forgot how to speak English

10. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Har, DLM.

I thought Mace wanted to settle for ANY part at all, and Lucas gave the JC part to play.

Then Lucas gave in to fanboy demand to see SLJ fight with a saber.

I could be wrong. I've heard so many different things, it's hard to remember which comes from a reliable source and which doesn't.

Anyway, I'd like it if Mace took out Dooku (there was definite tension between the 2 on Geonosis), and then was killed by Vaderkin at the end.

-dust

11. BlackPool

Mar 29, 2000
    >>BlackPool, I'm not even sure Lucas likes him that much. I was under the impression that the only reason Mace got such a big role in the prequels was because Sam Jackson threatened to cry if he didn't. <<

Actually Garth is right. Jackson just wanted ANY part. So being the second Jedi in command was as a big a suprise to him as it was to a lot of us.

>>... Lucas has bowed to him on so many other points so far, including the purple lightsaber, it's possible he'll bow on that one too.<<

That was what I had in mind when I stated that Lucas likes him. Particularly because he went back on his word of only 3 lightsabre colors just to humor him. He would have never done anyting close to that for Jeremy Bullock/Boba Fett. ;)

As far as possibilities go you are absolutly right. And more then that I would say that ANYTING is possible at this point. Especially given the bad tendencies of the COMPLETELY DUMNING DOWN a character at the point of death. I refer to Jango's death, Boba's death, Colman Trebor's death, Obi-Wan's defeat by Dooku, the stormtroopers after the opening of ANH, etc. . .

So because of all that I do think it's possible that Mace could die at the hands of Anakin/Vader who then get's beaten by Obi-Wan. But that's not a good thing IMO.

12. Luke_Skywalker_12

Luke_Skywalker_12 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 11, 2002
    I believe Boba Fett will kill Mace Windu

13. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Jango had some trouble with Mace, and as we've seen from AotC, Jango is a better Fett than Boba is even after Boba grows up. ;)

14. spinelessoaf

spinelessoaf Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2002
    couldn't anakin kill him and thats why boba fett is aparently in Vader's debt? will do anything for him? his agent of choice if you encompass the holiday special.

15. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Gotta be Vader. Mace is hyped as one of the greatest warriors of the Jedi Order these days; with Anakin's ego, Mace would be a prime target from the Sith point of view.
    And we need an epic duel..perhaps have Mace & Obi-Wan fight Anakin at the end of the flick, Anakin offs Mace, Obi-Wan severely injures Anakin?

I like the idea of him dying to save the twins. Perhaps have him taking on a swarm of clonetroopers, and he's winning..and then Vader shows up. The clonetroopers step back, and Mace and Vader have at it while Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Padme escape.

16. pkloa

pkloa Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2002
    dang it, it's been so long since i voted i can't remember what i said. i think i voted for vader killing mace. sure, that sounds good.

17. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    there was a poll?

I can't even remember that.

lol

-dust

18. petetbfilms1

petetbfilms1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2002
    Ya Mace vs. Anakin, then Anakin vs. Obi Wan

19. The Flying Dutchman

The Flying Dutchman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    Actually it rather simple: During the last part of the Clone Wars the big battle is at Naboo (most likely cauz' palpatine is trying to kill padme who lives at Naboo so Anakin turns to the darkside). There's this big Fight in space and on Naboo itselve. Note that Obi-Wan will be a General and most likely mace will to. So mace proably buy's it in this battle... I think :D

20. Coop_Dooku

Coop_Dooku Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2002
    The idea of Boba finishing Mace seems a popular one, and I suppose I can see why. It would make sense because of the Jango thing. However I think it would just ooze rubbishness on screen. I mean, look at Fett when he faces Luke (a fairly untrained Jedi to say the least) on Tatooine in ROTJ. It's a clumsy attack that would just not wash on Windu (especially as he'll still be a kid)
    Anyway, I think it would be cool for Palpy to finish him off! How? None other than force lightening. I think we need to see it actually kill someone, cos so far it just seems to tickle people! Hehee... Anyway, yeah let him go that way, and it'll add even more danger to the fantastic scene at the end of ROTJ IMO....
    Coop.

21. BlackPool

Mar 29, 2000
    I'm thinking that Mace's death is going to be one of the major points of controverys after III comes out. Oh, well.

My question is if Boba is in III, and right now it looks like he will be, then what is he going to do if he doesn't kill or have a part in killing Mace? It just seems logical that a 13 year old will be playing a part in the fight against the Jedi. Looks to me like those might just be padawan scalps afterall.

22. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Boba could also be an apprentice to another bounty hunter. It would look pretty silly if he were out killing people on his own.

23. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I thought it was ridiculous when little 8-year-old Ani "accidentally" flew into the droid control ship and then "accidentally" happened to destroy the reactor core or whatever.

If a 14-year-old Boba Fett kills Mace Windu, SW will have gone from the ridiculous-yet-still-relatively-believable to:

ludicrous speed.

-dust

24. BlackPool

Mar 29, 2000
    Yup, and I wouldn't be suprised if that is where Lucas is going with this either [face_plain]

EDIT: I mean having a 13 year old Boba Fett killing jedi and masters. [face_plain]

25. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Yup, because everything that is "wrong" with Star Wars is Lucas' fault, and everything that is good can be credited to someone else, right? [face_plain]

:cool: Mace Windy,
    instant poster, gust add wind!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.