main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How will Mace die?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth_Luciferus, Jul 1, 2002.

?

How will Mace die?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. He'll go out like a punk

2.9%
  2. Boba will be responsible somehow ...

35.8%
  3. Palpatine will recite Exekiel 25:17 (the path of the righteous) before zapping him w/lightning

9.2%
  4. Duel with Darth Vader

40.3%
  5. A giant space shark will engulf him after he delivers an impassioned speech

6.1%
  6. Coruscant drive-by shooting

5.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Everything that is good about SW is Lucas. In the end.

Everything that is wrong with SW is Lucas. In the end.

It's his vision.

-dust

2. BlackPool

BlackPool Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 29, 2000
    What Garth said.

3. Twi_Ton_Kenobi

Twi_Ton_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    I was just thinking abou this quote the other day. The way it was said, the sound of vader like he wanted to make sure he didn't dissintegrate Han, Leia, & CO. Perhaps, as Lucas said, Boba will pop up to kill mace. DON"T YELL YET! He won't do it alone. I could see him helping Vader to kill Mace. Perhaps, during the purge, Boba will pop up and dissintegrate Mace just as he has Vader "by the balls" (if vader has any after Obi-Wan's finished with him). Vader will give a nod of acceptance and then later use Boba to find who he needs, and oh, by the way...

"No dissintegrations!"

Thoughts?

4. THE_DOODE

THE_DOODE Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    If Vader kills Mace is a sweet duel this will be my favorite movie of all times

5. forrestg

forrestg Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2001
    i think he will pass out and die after making love to padme all night.

6. THE_DOODE

Dec 3, 2001
    what a way to go!

7. Wise-Master

Wise-Master Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 11, 2002
    Mace will go out gallantly. That's all I know.

8. ObiWanAragorn

ObiWanAragorn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2003
    I vote for Boba having something to do with Mace's death. It just makes sense. Hopefully it's more of a battle than Jango vs. Mace.

9. JakeLipson

JakeLipson Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2002
    Here's the portion of my big theroy that pretains to Mace's death. The whole thing can be found in the 'the best way to introduce L+L' thread

Padame somehow discovers Palpatine's alter ego and plans, comes to the Jedi and tells all, including confessing her and Ankin's relashionship and her pregnancy, which is the first time the audience discovers that she is to give birth. In discussion, it becomes apparent to Padame, Obi-Wan, and Yoda that Palpatine will try to lure Anakin to the dark side. While they are debating what to do with Padame and the children to ensure their safety, the unsuited Vader raids the Jedi Temple, trying to find Obi-Wan, whom he is convinced by Sidious is responsible for Padame's death. Mace holds him off and is eventually murdered in doing so, but his sacrafice allows time for Yoda and Padame to escape into a starship and head for Degaboth (simmilarity to Obi-Wan's fight with Vader in Episode IV allowing Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, Artoo, and Threepio to escape the Death Star.) After Vader slaughters Mace, he kills all of the Jedi (with the exception of Yoda and Obi-Wan, who are by this time en route to Degaboth with Padame) and goes elsewhere in his search for his former master.

10. Blue-Leader

Blue-Leader Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2003
    Well I do think that Boba has something to do with the execution of Master Mace Windu,I guess Boba Hires Anakin/Vader in to assinate Mace for once and for all, because Boba is to joung to frag Mace for his own good will.

Maybe it might be something way different, but Boba Fett has truly something to do with this horrific situation.

11. bedada3

bedada3 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    They'll need to do a back-story about that space shark.

12. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Space shark... that's plagiarized from Star Trek, isn't it? ;)

13. Dentarthurdent

Dentarthurdent Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2003
    I think Boba gives Vader information on Mace's whereabouts, and Vader kills him after a saber/Force duel. The beginning of a profitable relationship...

14. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Whenever someone brings up the "no disintegrations" line, I always think about how Vader gives the impression that he's reprimanding Fett, as in "Don't do it again, you numb-nut!"

That being said, I don't think the disintegration line refers to any Jedi, since Vader and Palps should have no problem with that (unless, they intended to savor the moment, and Fett decided to finish the job quickly instead.) In this light, it could refer to Padme (though I would assume that Palps ordered the hit, therefore Anakin wouldn't have a choice about killing Fett. "I must obey my master.")

Anyways...

15. Darth-Schwartz

Darth-Schwartz Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    disintigrate! disintigrate! disintigrate!

16. lilyodaboy

lilyodaboy Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2003
    Fett...

Its simple boba gets access to the hangar where maces ship is plants a bomb. As mace is going up the ramp he turns and sees boba.
    Boba wisprs "for my father" and detonates it.

17. blobo

blobo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2002
    i think dooku will kill him within the first half hour of the film

18. Malaki

Malaki Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2003
    Well, I was going to say something else, but I am liking this Boba Fett angle.

However, just for curiosity sake, I would like to see Mace eat it in a lightsaber/force duel with.........

:eek: Palpatine! :eek:

I just think it would be interesting to see Palpy wielding a lightsabre. I know, I know. It will never happen. I just think that it would be kind of cool to see. :)

19. Tyreal_Narath

Tyreal_Narath Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2003
    place: Courascant

Annikan has just killed Padme. He is going to his speder to met up with palpatine. He is just about to boared his ship when Mace Windu confronts him. Annikan turns around and laughs. He points behind Mace and and out of the hallway comes Dooku. "You killed my best Fghter, now I will kill you (or something along those lines). Mace opens his lightsaberand waits for Dooku to approach. They have a big fat duel and Dooku is weekend by from old age, Mace takes one last swing, slicingour old friend into half. He falls off the side of the landing platfom and Annikan stars laughin again. "You should not have done that to dear feind of mine" "Annikan comeback, dont let the darkside take you. "Too late". Annikan charges Mace, strikin the neck, instant kill. Annikan turns of hs lightsber and falls to his knees thinking "what have i done?But its ofr the best". he goes into walks into his ship and meets up with Sidious. -end-

20. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
  21. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    I would have to say that Boba will kill him. My hope is that Anakin gets to take a slice at him, but I doubt that.

22. Darth_Thump

Darth_Thump Jedi Master star 2

Aug 26, 2002
    Seriously good thread folks.

OK.

Up to this point, the council have now forseen the inevitable but it is too late. Anakin is well on his way to the dark side at this stage.

Anakin knows that Padme is pregnant, but they are separated/Anakin leaves as she is about to give birth, when he returns she has since had the twins, finds out about Luke from another source but not Liea.

It is decided that Padme go into hiding with the children and Anakin catches up with them as Padme, Obi Wan and Mace are about to make headway for Alderaan as the council is all but gone.

Mace tries one last attempt to bring Anakin back with various pleas of reason allowing the others time to escape to the shuttle. Obi Wan goes back to help Mace once the shuttle is safely away.

An awesome sabre battle ensues which results in Mace being killed mercilessly by Anakin pretty much sealing his fate.

Obi Wan see's this from a distance and the scene is remeniscent of when Darth Maul kills Gui Gon, and later when Vader kills Obi Wan as Luke watches helplessly.

This is the last straw for Obi Wan and 'The Duel' begins.

Basically I think the last hour of ep III should be three or four astounding light sabre battles. Muahahaa!!

Either way I can't wait.

I think Anakin with the lightsabre in the Jedi temple.

;)

23. THE_DOODE

Dec 3, 2001
    Maybe Mace beats Anakin in a duel but still believes he's the chosen one so he lets Ani strike him down............

24. lilyodaboy

lilyodaboy Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2003
    fett,vader,palpy come on its obvious it will be a drive by.

25. Lurking_Around

Lurking_Around Jedi Knight star 6

May 26, 2002
    The situation is grave as the Jedi purge begins. Mace stands before the Council, gives a very passionate speech about trusting the Force, trusting that they will make through, that they must work together, then suddenly Vader appears behind him and cuts him in two! Mwahahahaha!

Well, it's better than space shark, no? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.