main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How will Mace die?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth_Luciferus, Jul 1, 2002.

?

How will Mace die?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. He'll go out like a punk

2.9%
  2. Boba will be responsible somehow ...

35.8%
  3. Palpatine will recite Exekiel 25:17 (the path of the righteous) before zapping him w/lightning

9.2%
  4. Duel with Darth Vader

40.3%
  5. A giant space shark will engulf him after he delivers an impassioned speech

6.1%
  6. Coruscant drive-by shooting

5.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OBI-GYN_Kenobi

OBI-GYN_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    I was just thinking abou this quote the other day. The way it was said, the sound of vader like he wanted to make sure he didn't dissintegrate Han, Leia, & CO. Perhaps, as Lucas said, Boba will pop up to kill mace. DON"T YELL YET! He won't do it alone. I could see him helping Vader to kill Mace. Perhaps, during the purge, Boba will pop up and dissintegrate Mace just as he has Vader "by the balls" (if vader has any after Obi-Wan's finished with him). Vader will give a nod of acceptance and then later use Boba to find who he needs, and oh, by the way...

"No dissintegrations!"

Thoughts?

Yup.
    It's SO obvious GL was setting it up in AOTC.

All those wonderful, noble plots with Mace saving the troops from Anakin/Vader ain't happening - Unless Boba can be fit into it too.

Mace is going to end up being 1,000,000 pieces of "Banta poodoo" (fodder) as Jabba would say.

2. Tyreal_Narath

Tyreal_Narath Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2003
    u guys want to kno something hoprrible, if you watch Episode 2 on DVD with the audio commentary on, it says how he dies. i want to tell u guys but i wonjt because it ruins the whole idea.

-Tyreal Narath

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Really? I'll have to watch again - I've already watched with the audio commentary and I don't remember anything conclusive.

I agree, Obi-Gyn - Lucas has set up the Boba Fett revenge thread pretty obviously, but I still think it would be ridiculous to have a 15-year old (or whatever) kill the 2nd highest ranking Jedi in the galaxy.

I mean, I think Lucas should go all out and just fit in as much cool action as possible.

Wait a sec...he could have Mace fight Vader AND Boba...at the same time!

Imagine Mace deflecting blaster bolts as Fett flies through the air, while simultaneously dueling with Anakin/Vader...mmmmmm.....

4. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    There isn't anything conclusive. It simply gives the time of his death in relation to the plot.

No details, like who kills him, how they do it, etc.

5. OBI-GYN_Kenobi

OBI-GYN_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    I agree, Obi-Gyn - Lucas has set up the Boba Fett revenge thread pretty obviously, but I still think it would be ridiculous to have a 15-year old (or whatever) kill the 2nd highest ranking Jedi in the galaxy.

I mean, I think Lucas should go all out and just fit in as much cool action as possible.

Wait a sec...he could have Mace fight Vader AND Boba...at the same time!

I think a scenario where Mace is fighting somebody & Boba catches him off guard is more likely.

6. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    More likely? Maybe.

As sweet? Definitely not.

Plus, doesn't that upset the mythology of Boba Fett as being such a badass (besides his inglorious death in ROTJ)?

Instead of being this killer bounty hunter, he's just a crafty old fox that shoots a Jedi Master in the back?

Plus, what kind of revenge is that?

7. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    About the whole "No disintegrations..." thing... I think Boba finally finishes his father's last job and kills Padme as some sort of strange revenge, or funereal rite. And he kills her by disintegrationing her, which is in someway against Anakin's wish. Just an idea...
    And I think it would be super sweet if Lucas did something similar to Darth_Thump's idea. Lots of Saber Duels, but maybe a much better script to make things more intelligible.. Tell me what you think of my Boba/Padme theory, if someone else hasn't already said something similar.

8. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    Personally I dont care how he dies, I just cant wait until it happens.

9. db11

db11 Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2003
    My thoughts exactly. The faster he dies the faster we may can have a Pulp Fiction sequel.

10. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    and we want a Pulp Fiction sequel why?

I love that movie, but if there's one movie that should never have a sequel (besides T2), it's Pulp Fiction.

11. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    I think it's been said by GL that both Dooku and Mace will die at the end of the war, which ends at the beginning of the film. So their deaths will be relatively close together. I presume a duel will happen between them, which could end either way. Whoever's left standing will be killed by Palpatine, IMO.

12. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    JM 201, I'd hate to be a whiner, but does that info qualify as a spoiler?

I mean, I know Lucas changes his mind 89525 times, but if he says something like that outright, it has at least some weight that it will happen like that in the final product.

Obviously Dooku and Mace both die in this movie (or so we assume), but fixing a definite time to their respective deaths *could* be seen as a spoiler.

13. Jedi_Drummer

Jedi_Drummer Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2003
    Personally, I think it would be great to have Mace duel with Anakin, and then have either Palpatine of Dooku step in to assist. Sam Jackson was once quoted as saying that it would take more than one person to take him down.

14. THE_DOODE

THE_DOODE Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    your right drummer boy

15. Darth_Hamtaro

Darth_Hamtaro Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2002
    No Doubt, Boba will do him in. Did you see the look on his face? Killing Mace will only make him want to kill more... So, he follows in his "dad's" footsteps and becomes a bounty hunter. No, I'm not a spoiler, but I assume I'm right.

16. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    yeah, so once again, I have to groan....a 15 year old kid (how old was he in AOTC?) takes down Jedi Master #2?

Only if he shoots him in the back...and even then, it's a stretch.

17. Jedi_Master_Kat

Jedi_Master_Kat Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2002
    Boba has to be in some way involved in Windu's death. We could finally see that disintegration that Vader mentions in ESB.

It would be a little odd tho if a Jedi Master (head of the Council no less) died at the hands of an unexperienced bounty hunter wannabe.

~Kat

18. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    I think it would be more likly that Dooku and Mace will go at it (mace dies at the end of Dooku's blade), that is when Anakin steps in and Palpatine will then bring him over to the darkside in the same way that he tried on Luke in RotJ. It is all speculation, but since GL seems to use redundant symbolism in most of the movies so far it is the most plausable scenario.

19. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I think Boba will have something to do with his death. Remember, by ESB and ROTJ, Boba is quite resourceful. In AOTC he just tried to blast Obi-Wan with cannons. Not exactly subtle. ;) What if by E3 he sets a trap for the Jedi, and kills them that way?

I mean, he is too young to kill a Jedi by force, but trickery? Or perhaps there is just an overwhelming attack that Boba is a small part of, and catches Mace offguard?

Both are likely.

20. THE_DOODE

THE_DOODE Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Boba might try to kill mace but he won't..

21. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Vaderbait, I agree that Boba's resourceful...yet Mace has the Force as his ally...and a powerful ally it is.;)

If Mace is "distracted" with Dooku or Anakin and Boba gets involved, I guess I can see it. Perhaps Anakin is dueling with Mace and Boba disintegrates him. I'd prefer not to have that scenario.

22. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    I'd like to think that Dooku will kill Mace in a fantastic duel. BTW, Mace will die in the beginning, so Vader will not kill Mace.

23. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    thanks Whitey - if that is a confirmed fact, IT. IS. A. SPOILER.

What is this forum again? Oh yeah, right.

24. GrandAlmightyMaster

GrandAlmightyMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2003
    What do you think about this. A huge attack on the jedi by the confederacy and Mace is the badass fending off the attack. He becames overwhelmed and Boba shows up to finish him off.

25. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    With an "AK-47....." for everyone who knows the rest of that quote.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.