main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How will Mace die?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth_Luciferus, Jul 1, 2002.

?

How will Mace die?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. He'll go out like a punk

2.9%
  2. Boba will be responsible somehow ...

35.8%
  3. Palpatine will recite Exekiel 25:17 (the path of the righteous) before zapping him w/lightning

9.2%
  4. Duel with Darth Vader

40.3%
  5. A giant space shark will engulf him after he delivers an impassioned speech

6.1%
  6. Coruscant drive-by shooting

5.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    I think it will be either by Anakin/Vader to solidify Anakin/Vader's skills. If it is Anakin, it will probably be after Anakin becomes Vader and it will signify the only onscreen viewing of the jedi purge. Mace is the most important jedi that doesn't make it to the OT. He would have the most impact on killing as to show the beginning of the purge.

The other way I think he could be killed is by Clonetrooper/Stormtroopers. He may be w/ Yoda, Bail,(Obi-Wan?) when Padme is about to give birth or they all are trying to escape on a ship. Mace will try valiantly fend off the troopers so that the others can escape and protect Padme and the twins (born or unborn). Their numbers will eventually overpower Mace, but his efforts allowed the others to escape.

I don't think Dooku and definitely not Boba will kill Mace. In fact, I doubt Boba will even be in the movie. What would his purpose be? He will only be like 12-13, so what possible role could he play?

2. scuiggefest

scuiggefest Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    Why is Boba Fett one of the options? How could he be responsible? I couldn't really decide between the others I said he'd go out like a punk.

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    SLR, I think you've hit the two options that I would be most satisfied with:

(a) losing a duel to the Chosen One, or

(b) losing to a posse in a noble self-sacrifice, taking one for the team.

The problem is that he has more onscreen "conflict" with Dooku and Boba...i.e., there is motive.

(i) Mace is pissed at Dooku in the Arena on Geonosis - he can't believe his former friend sold out (or so it seems to me). I can see Mace confronting Dooku and losing, although I'd prefer it if Mace killed him and was killed by Ani/Vader.

(ii) Boba is pissed at Mace for killing his father. He SOMEHOW uses his punk-ass 14-year-old skills to take out the #2 Jedi.

Lucas seems to be setting either or both of these plotlines up.

Although I have to point out, if there's one thing that's noticeable in SW, it's that "what goes around comes around" - bad guys get their just desserts eventually.

Jango dies like a punk, Boba dies like a punk, Palpy dies like a punk, Jabba dies like a punk.

I'm therefore guessing, that, as flawed as he is, Mace is still a "good guy", that he will not die like a punk, and that the "noble self-sacrifice" card will be dealt.

4. grand_moff_spidey

grand_moff_spidey Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    i was going to say that he is killed by hundreds of clone/stormtropers on a landing platform while he defends escaping younglings; however, the people who write that boba somehow takes him out have convinced me otherwise.

5. Twi_Ton_Kenobi

Twi_Ton_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    I still have a theory that Mace will be the first Jedi to go in the Jedi purge. I think we should see him or the first Jedi in the Jedi purge to get the idea that the Jedi will all be dead (or so Vader thought) by the time Episode IV rolls around.

6. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    I will be dissapointed if he dies so simply as losing a duel to Dooku or Vader or if he dies without purpose and/or Dignity. I also they make it Later in the movie, and climactic.

7. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Alright, here's another theory out of left field, just for the hell of it.

No one really knows what's going to happen with the Clone Wars plotlines in the comics, novels, and 'toon shorts - I'm assuming they'll all be wrapped up shortly before Episode III.

But just for the sake of a new theory, let's discuss Asajj Ventress and Durge, the new villains for the Clone Wars.

Ventress appears to be Dooku's apprentice (or something...).

Maybe Mace kils Ventress, then Dooku kills Mace.

Or, just to develop the theory that Boba Fett kills Mace, here's another way it could happen.

Durge is this bad-ass bounty hunter who could kick Jango Fett's ass, apparently.

Also notice the fact that he has that weird skull-like symbol Boba Fett wears on his chest.

What's my point? Boba's still young - perhaps Durge comes along and starts training him. Dooku hires Durge for "protection", or perhaps for an assassination attempt on Mace or Padme or somebody.

So Mace and Durge fight, or Mace takes on Ventress and Durge at the same time (ohhhh yeah), and they let Boba take the last shot.

This is so obviously pure speculation on my part, but...

then again, I'm not sure if Lucas wants to inject more villains into the plot at this point.

Then again, I still don't think Vader could have accomplished the Purge by himself, so...

8. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I just get the feeling that Boba will have something to do with it. Besides, no body said that Boba had to fight clean. Who knows? He might organises a ring of suicidal bombers with Thermal Detonators, or set the perfect trap...

9. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Being killed by some 14 year old kid would DEFINATELY be going out like a punk. I hope Boba has nothing to do with it. Personally I would like to see a hero's death for Mace. Something like Boromir's death in FOTR.

10. cwgca3eb

cwgca3eb Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2003
    Wouldn't you think it 's possible that Mace gets captured by the confedery, is tortured or whatever and Boba is allowed to finish him off. Isn't that kinda heroic or mytre like? I don't think it would be too bad.

11. SW_Freak

SW_Freak Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2003
    Um... i'm not trying to start anything but... did anyone else notice that Mace sucked! I agree with whoever said that everything that came out of his mouth sounded stupid! And I have a hard time believing that this is the second most powerful jedi when he appears to have no fighting skills at all. (What was that terrible spinning the light saber over his head thing?)What i'm getting at is... I think he'll go out like a punk.

(By the way if he turns out to be a traitor it would explain all his stupid comments and terrible looks... then he'd be alright.)

12. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Maybe there is supposed to be a tie in with Vader's future comments to Boba Fett about "No disintegrations!"...

13. threepio_mania

threepio_mania Jedi Master star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    I picked Coruscant drive by. In Episode III Mace will talk to Yoda about how he plans to retire from the Jedi Council pretty soon. Then, the day before he retires, as he's going out to his speeder, Boba Fett or Anakin/Vader or stormtroopers fly by in a speeder and shoot him. Yoda runs over to Mace, looks up in the sky, raises his arms, and screams NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

14. scuiggefest

Dec 8, 2002
    Yoda willl Kill Mace Windu
    scuiggefest
    Date Posted: 9:05pm Subject: Yoda willl Kill Mace Windu - Date Edited: 9:44pm (1 edits total) Edited By: stinrab
    The question is, what weapon will he use?

A. his light saber

B. his walking stick

C. Force Choke

D. Force Lightning

E. Heavy Object thrown using the force.

F. His bear hands (or claws or teeth)

G. Gun

H. Bomb

I. Other ________ (Fill in the blank.)

15. Ariadne

Ariadne Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003

Palpatine will kill him. I have forseen it.

Go Palpy! :p

16. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    threepio mania, that's too funny.

Two...days...till...retirement...

17. DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0

DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2003
    I think Mace Windu will die in a vicious lightsaber duel with Darth Vader. I also think Vader will lose his left real arm. There will be alot of Force-jumping, sparks, and insults and compliments between the two. Mace may kill himself though, by jumping into a reactor core or shearing his head off with his own lightsaber. (The latter would be very cool) As another poll possibility, I think Mace will die in an attack on the Jedi Temple. Oh, any shooting will be a fly-by shooting, but that is out of the question completely.

18. DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0

DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2003
    Yoda won't kill Mace, you sick idiot.

19. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    But, of course, Mace will cut off his own head and jump into a reactor while complimenting Darth Vader.

Of course.

20. scuiggefest

Dec 8, 2002
  21. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I think Mace Windu will be killed, in a way that will signify the start of "the jedi purge"

My guess is Palpatine, revealing himself to be Darth Sideous...will confront the jedi council (along with his new recruit Anakin/Darth Vader) And while Anakin does most of the work, Palpatine enjoys killing Mace Windu (second only to Yoda) as the leader of the council.

22. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    scuigge, you are the king. I'd like to point out that the American flag post was your 666th. Time for some Iron Maiden.;)

I really don't see how Mace cutting off his own head would be cool - I would DEFINITELY be surprised by it, that's for sure.

That actually begs an interesting question, though: at what point do you think a Jedi would commit hara-kiri?

Is there a way to forcibly turn a Jedi to the Dark Side, or have I been reading too much Robert Jordan?

I can't really think of a moment where a Jedi would give up and say, I must kill myself. It's the only way.

And don't give me Ben on the Death Star in ANH. NOT the same thing.

23. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I think the Obi-Wan ANH idea would be a great way for Mace's final moments to play out. When the confrontation between Palpatine/Sidious and his new apprentice Darth Vader...it would be fitting that Mace be the "last man standing" and just when one of the Sith tries to put him down, Mace raises his lightsaber...and becomes one with the Force.

Kinda gets you thinking, "what was Obi-Wan smiling about in ANH?" Does history repeat itself???

24. senseless_apprentice

senseless_apprentice Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2002
    Obi-wan was smiling because he knew how pissed off it made him when Darth Maul killed his master. Thus he thought Luke would avenge his death and kill his father.

Not to change the topic but this poll says I already voted but I haven't. wierd....

25. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I think Tarkin,Boba, and Dooku have aomething to do with the Jedi perge not just Anakin/Vader. I dont really remember the quote but i know Obi wan said what happens in Ep3 when he was talking to luke in ep4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.