main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How will the Force "Awaken" in the Sequel Trilogy?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Primetime_Jedi, Nov 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    I don't believe there is a thread on this yet, so here we go.

Aside from our opinion of whether it's a good title or not, "The Force Awakens" is the title of the next Star Wars movie which is the beginning a new trilogy. So....what does it mean?

The Force will awaken in some way, or in multiple ways:

- Amazing new force abilities for force-users

- Luke Skywalker's emergence from obscurity

- New horizons explored for what it means to "use the force"

- New revelations about "force history"

- Or...something else

Personally, I'm fascinated by all the directions this could go. It will certainly not be contained in Episode VII but will extend throughout the new trilogy.

2. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    First the alarm goes off, then the Force tries to turn it off but can't find the alarm clock. Then the Force knocks the clock to the ground making him very grumpy.

3. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    From a power nap, of course.

Honestly, I'm still contemplating this issue, but I suspect that when the movie is all said and done, there will be one obvious interpretation along with at least one or two alternate explanations for those who wish to look further beneath the surface.

Immortiss and Primetime_Jedi like this.
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  5. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Return of the Jedi or Return of the "Jedi"?

There will be multiple meanings.

6. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Well what if -

"Strong am I in the Force. But not that strong."

Well.... what if someone IS "that strong?"

7. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Plagueis?

Immortiss likes this.
  8. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Dammit.

That was mine. :p

mes520 likes this.
  9. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    ..on the wrong side of the bed, awaken, the force will..

Master_Lok likes this.
  10. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Said this in another thread, but the title could easily be a double meaning.

Meaning #1: The Force awakens, as in someone or something that uses the Force "wakes up".

Meaning #2; The Force is actually used to "wake up" someone who is either dying or already dead, thus it's the Force that DOES the waking and thus gives us more insight into the idea of using the Force to save the ones you love. Sacrifice-Luke learns to use the Force to prevent someone from dying, but at the expense of himself tampering with the dark side.

Btw-I think the title of the thread should be changed to something along the lines of "What Will The Title Mean?".

Indy 11 likes this.
  11. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    It could also mean Star Wars fans have been asleep since 1983 skipped the PT & now are awakening to the ST........

12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Lol.

Well, anyway...

I think it means that the Force has been simultaneously awakened and made aware of in certain individuals. The new chosen ones. Ridley, Boyega, Gleeson and Driver being these individuals. :p Maybe after this happens, they begin to sense each other's power and this is what drives the characters to find each other. And finding someone that knows how to use its power is what the second act will be in the movie — the search for Luke Skywalker.

Immortiss likes this.
  13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Maybe a being so powerful that lightsabers don't affect them will appear. The scenes in Mortis when characters demonstrate that lightsabers don't affect them are awesome.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  14. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012

Made me think of the series finale of Newhart.

I could see it now....Han wakes up, tells Leia "I had this crazy dream of midichlorians and a crazy goof named Jar Jar Binks..." Leia responds: "Go back to bed, Han."

15. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Luke Skywalker? Never heard of him!

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  16. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    The way I want it to turn out:

At this point in time, both Jedi and Sith to the whole galaxy are fairy tales. Grand Master Luke Skywalker has been secretly training Jedi including his own child(ren) away from the Galaxy only to re-emerge when they are more unified and awakened and ready to protect the galaxy as have been for "over a thousand generations" and do so by arriving at the old Jedi temple on Coruscant. However the leftover Inquisitors calling themselves the "New Sith Order" also re-emerge after being scattered after the Empire's supposed defeat at Endor and have trained their own batch of force sensitives and unifying the scattered Imperial Remnant fleet. The culmination leads to an epic battle just like this:

where:
    Luke-Ven Zallow
    Max Von Sydow-Darth Malgus
    T3-M4-R2-D2

The way it will probably turn out: Luke is some crazy anti-hero(because kids love anti-heroes) recluse who's scared to use the Force even though in ROTJ he had good control over it. He has to face the force head on and awaken. The End.

whostheBossk likes this.
  17. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Was he not the Jedi who hired you for this job?

mes520 likes this.
  18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Force awakens in people allowing for a greater attunement to the Force or some hidden military force wakes up.

19. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Master Skywalker disappeared more than ten years ago.

20. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    I still believe that trailer alone deserves the Oscar.
    Anyway I really hope it signifies new powers, meaning and even deeper spiritual dimension to the Force.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  21. ScorpionJedi

Jun 19, 2013
    This video by BanditIncorporated is probably something that fits that bill:

22. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    Well, it´s full of philosophy that is here contradicted over and over but I like some of it´s approach.

23. ScorpionJedi

Jun 19, 2013
    Here's something I just thought of. What if Mortis tied into all this? Qui-Gon in The Clone Wars called it "A conduit through which the entire Force of the universe flows"

24. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    It's been 30 years since RotJ. Luke has left the scene & has been away for most of that time. So during those years (which is longer than the entire duration of the Empire) the Force has been a non factor in galactic events for the first time in living memory. The Force is beginning to be thought of by some as a thing of the past, consigned to history. Now there are new Force users beginning to emerge (Kira, Boyega, Driver etc). In addition, Luke is found or he returns. Therefore after 30 years where it was seemingly dormant ("asleep") the Force has "awakened" & is back in a serious way to shape the galaxy again.

I think that's it.

TooMuchBBQ, Indy 11 and EviL_eLF like this.
  25. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    The Force is so powerful it can erase Jar Jar.... Jar who? It may really mean the force is more powerful than ever and it takes people over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.