main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How will the Force "Awaken" in the Sequel Trilogy?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Primetime_Jedi, Nov 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    This

If the rumours are true about Luke being hermit-like, I reckon that Luke is a part of the awakening.

Interesting though... Who is he? Who is he talking to?

If he were the BBEG then you'd assume he's talking to his apprentice - potentially Driver? If so, why mention the dark side awakening?

2. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I like the idea (rumor) that the nature of the Force has changed by the time of TFA. After balancing the Force, it begins to grow stronger and more resonant in more Force users.

This leads to Luke being super powerful.

3. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Luke is important. His acts in ROTJ the entire point of the saga to date. Moral authority and prophecy. I feel as if the Hebrew Bible and New Testament are heavily invoked in this saga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dra--- likes this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    A lot of people is gettin Force powers. Good and bad. But not Sith. Not yet.

Luke comes back into action.

Plaguies wakes up from his "death".

2 outta 3 of those I'm thinking might happen.

Dra--- likes this.
  5. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    I would like to think that the shot with Finn from the trailer where he jumps up suddenly, that is the moment the Force Awakens in him. what if his reaction isn't because he's being chased by Imperials but this scary feeling/sound that he's never felt before? Do you remember in "Spark Of Rebellion" when Ezra heard the force calling him that's probably what we'll see or hear.

I would like to think that we'll have other moments like that where we'll see the Force Awaken in other people like Rey or Poe then I want to see a random shot of Luke reacting to it as well but instead of being afraid he'll just smile. Now that makes me wonder what the first shot of Luke will be. most likely it will be him removing his hood ala Obi-Wan the crowd will go wild! wonder if it will be like when Kirk met old Spock in 09 Star Trek lol

FINN: Get outta here you crazy old Wizard
    LUKE: Wizard? Crazy? don't you know who I am?
    FINN: Should I care?
    *Luke removes his hood*
    LUKE: I'm Luke Skywalker
    *beat*
    FINN: Bull****

6. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Maybe he senses the probe droid. So his reaction is not only due to a probe droid closing in on him but the fact that he somehow sensed it.

7. Pondscum

Pondscum Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 10, 2014
    I can't remember which prequel film it is, but at one point Mace Windu and Yoda are talking as though the Jedi can't even use the force any more. Like they've lost their powers. Yet they're using the force in all the familiar ways in those films. I always took it as meaning they're just not as perceptive as they used to me. They're out of touch. But it could be hinting at abilities the Jedi once had. Something that hasn't been touched upon in the EU? And now, with 'balance' returned to the force (which is clearly something the Jedi wanted, that they were hoping for around the time of the prequels) it will awaken and Luke will be able to do things we've never seen before.

I think there is probably truth to the rumours of Luke's powers taking Yoda's description of using the force (seeing the past, present, future) to an extreme. That may be its own problem for Luke, with the additional problem being the unexpected arrival of a Sith (who isn't supposed to exist) who can also tap into this power..

BigAl6ft6 and Dra--- like this.
  8. Imperial Reject

Dec 6, 2012
    Attack Of The Clones

MACE: I think it is time we inform the senate that our ability to use the Force has diminished.
    YODA: Only a Dark Lord of the Sith knows of our weakness. If informed the senate is, multiply our adversaries will.

9. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014

I think both of you are on to something here because my feeling has been that he discovers his connection to the force the first time when he feels danger and wakes up to the realization that probe droids are closing in.

10. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    The awakening of the force is what causes Darth REDACTED - an unspeakable, decayed revenant - to rise from the dead, determined to begin a new era of Sith rule... The Sith Lord's ability to consume - like a vampire - the force powers of others to regenerate and strengthen himself makes Luke Skywalker, the last of the Jedi, of inestimable worth to him.

Sensing a new and terrible danger, both to himself and to the galaxy, Skywalker heads for the uncharted reaches of the outer rim to take refuge and prepare to face this ancient evil. Before doing so he asks one last favour of his old friends HAN SOLO and CHEWBACCA: the loyal pair are dispatched to TATOOINE to locate a young woman who Skywalker believes can continue the Jedi lineage and help him to defeat the dark lord.

11. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I think (read: hope) that the force will awaken in the sense that Darth Plagueis will reemerge from whatever dormant force stasis he will have been in these last 70 some years...and with him, will awaken the dark side of the force, once again…

12. robsutton2011

robsutton2011 Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2014
    I think this last point is a great idea. In looking at the history of Western culture (on Earth), only the select few had access to knowledge and power until the Enlightenment (light!) period. Then there was a gradual democratization of all spheres of humanity. All people (potentially) could grasp universal truths.

Perhaps after the Force awakens, all intelligent beings will be able to grasp it in some way. This would put a fairly radical egalitarian twist to the saga.

However, the social stratification that is imposed on the Star Wars galaxy by the fact that only a select few can lead and protect the unenlightened masses seems contrary to Lucas' liberal politics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whostheBossk and Primetime_Jedi like this.
  13. J.J.Abrams

J.J.Abrams Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2014
    You'll see.

14. Imperial Reject

Dec 6, 2012
    I swear if you mess this movie up. The J.J will forever stand for "Jar Jar" :p

robsutton2011 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.