main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How will the romances play out?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dolphin, Mar 16, 2015.

1. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Rey and Snoke would make cute babies. :)

2. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    I think the strongest relationship will be between Rey and Finn, but a romance won't happen, even if it is teased a little. We may see Poe try his luck with Rey in VIII, and there could be lots of fun with jealousy between Finn and him, but again it doesn't seem right to have an actual romance between them. Perhaps with a new female character and either Finn or Poe.

dolphin likes this.
  3. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2007
    lol step daughter lmao denial is weird place I don't know if Finn and Rey could be a relationship I am open to it waiting to be see more I was disappointed that Leia and Han were estranged that broke my shippy heart at least they kinda reconciled toward the end before what happened to Han

dolphin likes this.
  4. Admiral_Wyvern

Admiral_Wyvern Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2014
    I want romance as long as it does not dominate the story.

Finn and Rey had strong chemistry in TFA, so I don't see a reason to mess with that. I'm not sure why some people think Poe and Rey will be a thing since they have not even met. Kylo and Rey seems kind of icky, and I'm still hoping for them to be cousins.

Nanosoft and dolphin like this.
  5. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    I think it's because in the TFA Novel. Poe and Rey are sort of flirting with Finn in a coma.

Admiral_Wyvern likes this.
  6. Admiral_Wyvern

Admiral_Wyvern Jedi Master star 2

Feb 14, 2014
    Yeah, I feel like it's kind of blow out of proportion. My understanding is that they hug when the star map is fixed, and then she gets embarrassed. It all seems fairly minor. I'm not even sure if it will be canon in the long run. It seems like only the movies are a sure thing at this point.

cbsnswf2390, Nanosoft and Momotaros like this.
  7. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003

I wouldn't say that's denial. We still don't know what Rey is, and I'm saying that as someone who thought Rey was Luke's daughter. In fact, since EVERYONE, and I mean E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E, is guessing that Rey is Luke's daughter from TFA, it kind of makes it a bit predictable, doesn't it?

In any case, the stepdaughter/lover's daughter scenario opens the door for a possible romance (or one-sided dark side infatuation) with Kylo Ren, which is still on the table. Kylo did seem to want her on some level, whether it's because she's already potentially family or because he wants to start one with her.

8. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    it just hit me that Rey and Poe never meet in TFA. I am glad they introduced Rey with out dragging romance into it. But in 8, when she and Poe meet(assuming here), bet some sparks gonna fly.

9. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Honestly, I hope there isn't any romance. Why can't everyone just be friends and go on adventures while trying to save the universe.

10. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2007
    yes but not everything is sexual ya know

11. sterling3763

sterling3763 Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Chewie and Maz. They laid the groundwork and I ship it.

12. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    They meet in the novel.

Here's what I think will go down for Rey. Rey meets a dark side lightsaber wielding acolyte of Snoke called Maro Jade. He's also a red head that wears leather. At first they are enemies and eventually Rey converts him to the cause of the resistance/republic. Eventually they fall in love, get married and have a child named Luke Jade. Whatdaya think guys? :p :D