main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How will these new characters be further explored after IX?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BalanceOfTheForce, Dec 22, 2017.

?

How should these new characters be further explored after IX?

1. Movie

24.0%
  2. TV show

12.0%
  3. Comic

8.0%
  4. Book

32.0%
  5. No new material should be written post IX

24.0%
  1. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I think movies are out of the question. Daisy doesn't want to come back. So we have either books, comics or a TV show

2. wilyen

wilyen Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2016
    Large time skip between 8 and 9 with a clone wars like animated series to fill in the blanks.

BalanceOfTheForce and Jozgar like this.
  3. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    Daisy didn't completely rule out returning.

Ben-Solo likes this.
  4. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    That's correct.

Misquoted. I was misquoted. I was asked — by the way, at the end of a very long day, at the end of a very long shoot — I was asked how I felt going forward. And I said, in my mind, the story finishes at Episode IX. To me, Star Wars is in threes. [Episodes] IV, V, VI; I, II, III; VII, VIII, IX. So, for me, that’s what I was signing on to; VII, VIII, IX. So that’s really what I was answering. And I think, for now — I’m not saying forever. Obviously, Rey will always be Rey… and obviously I don’t know what happens in Episode IX, or even if I’m in it. But for now I think it would be — To me, IX was always the end of this chapter. So, it’s not me going ‘I don’t want to.’ It’s just that’s what I always pictured.

oncafar likes this.
  5. Jozgar

Jozgar Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    I'd love this. It would also allow us to have a real war in Episode IX because the Resistance would have time to rebuild and recover their losses.

6. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Considering much of the fill-in-the-blanks material is being purposefully released in books and comics, I do not see this changing.

7. akaydia41188

akaydia41188 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 22, 2016
    I think all the new characters will stick with Star Wars. Star Wars is their bread and butter that allows other films on the side. You survive in Hollywood by getting a steady income to weather you through massive number of rejections. Plus Star Wars gives them press which attracts directors. Adam Driver can pick and chose his movies now because he is in Star Wars.

dekaneas likes this.
  8. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    I'm okay with an anthology movie a few years from now as long as they don't all get summarily killed off.

9. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I don't feel very excited about these three. Finn is the one I see as having the most potential. An anthology in which Finn is the main character and a bit of a leader could be cool.

10. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Hopefully we get a series between 6-7 first.

11. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    sorry, but no interest to explore them.

12. Cyan_Dawn

Cyan_Dawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 1999
    The only character worth exploring, in my opinion, is Kylo Ren, provided he survives Ep9. He's the only character who's conflicted and has had to struggle. Everyone else is an infinitely good do-gooder. There's nothing really to explore with Finn, Poe, Rose, and even Rey; they're all just simply "good guys". As a kid, I wasn't very interested in characters like Han and Lando either, but at least they had flaws and shady back stories.

13. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    Oh I forgot about Kylo. It kind of depends on where the character goes.

14. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Then I must ask, once again, why are you here? And please be clear, "why are you here" is worlds different from "you shouldn't be here/stop posting." "Why are you here" invites discussion and discourse, "stop posting" closes down discussion and invites discord. Plus, if I thought you shouldn't be here, trust me, you wouldn't [face_coffee]

Given your obvious disdain for the sequels, and your stated position that The Saga ends at Episode VI for you, I'm genuinely curious as to why you're posting in a discussion about Episode IX...

15. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    I love the idea of a novel about him being a pariah on the edge of civilization, called up on to help if the need arises. He can be good when he wants. Most of the time he's the the one in exile still trying to figure himself out.

oncafar likes this.
  16. HispAnakin

HispAnakin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 16, 2017
    so why even ask the question? This will lead everyone down a dark hole, for all the mod post about baiting..this is baiting in its most simplest forms, the 'but I didn't mean X' is irrelevant.

nightangel likes this.
  17. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Will any new and interesting characters be alive after IX, the further adventures of DJ and Holdo are dead in the water already.

nightangel likes this.
  18. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    I would love that.

Birkendoc likes this.
  19. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I voted more movies because I want to see the further adventures of Rey,Finn,Poe,Rose and BB-8 battling new enemies in Episodes X-XII like the Mandalorians or the Hutts or perhaps the Chiss or any enemy in the Unknown regions or perhaps even Wild Space or the Corporate Sector.

20. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    I think if we see an episode 10-12, They will kill off Rey, Finn and Poe, one for each episode so they can “pass the torch” to the new generation.

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  21. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    The best way to answer this question is to quote -with proper credit- a quite eloquent post:

22. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    They never made sequels with Luke, Han and Leia as the main characters. They'll probably do the same thing with this trilogy's characters

23. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    It was George Lucas who never made sequels . Now that he isn't in charge anymore new movies with Rey etc. is possible.