main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How will you be watching KotCS for the first time?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by solojones, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    As uber nerds, we value the "first time" experience with a movie, especially one we've been waiting for. Lots of people go to midnight showings, special events, and sometimes in costume.

So, what are your plans for this momentous event in the life of an Indy fan?

Naturally I am going to a midnight showing. I would LOVE to go to Grauman's, but I'm not sure how/when to get tickets. And I don't know how early I'd need to be there. It's not too far away, but I don't know quite what to do yet [face_worried] If I did, though, it would rock :D

You?

-sj loves kevin spacey

2. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I'm going to be in New York when it opens, and so am going to have to figure out where the best place to see it there is. There's gotta be somewhere good.

3. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    I'll be going with my Wife and kids and also good friends of our from Church. I think I'll buy tickets for my parents also. They'll love it.

4. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Midnight Showing at the best theater in town. Followed by a regular viewing the next day or the day after with the rest of my family.

5. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    I might be visiting Washington DC around that time. Definitely midnight showing. Either the Uptown or Hoffman.

As far as getting tickets, check sites like Fandango.com or MovieTickets.com. At least in Fandango you can sign up for an alert that emails you when tickets are available. Usually it doesn't happen until the theaters are selected for showings and showtimes finalized. Probably about 2 weeks before the movie opening.

6. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I might just have to call Grauman's. I would just go to the ticket office and ask if I still lived like a mile from there as I did in the fall, but I'm about 90 miles away now :p

Everton, I'm sure NY has amazing theatres.

I'm not sure anything will ever top the ROTS premiere for me... amazing. But if I get a lot of friends and we wind up watching all the other Indy movies before going (which I also hope to do), could be close.

-sj loves kevin spacey

7. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Midnight premiere in Antwerp's fanciest cinema, possibly while wearing this baby.

8. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    In the comfort of a nice private screening room...

Then, I'll have to go see it with a crowd at the Village in Westwood... Cuz nothing beats seeing with an audience on opening night.

D_M_S_L

9. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Hopefully a midnight showing at a digital theater.

10. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
  11. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I'm too old for midnight screenings. I'll probably go 10am the next day (and still see it before most of you lot!) :p

Unless I get a comp to a preview, which is quite possible...

Edit: Bah, soundtrack's on Universal, not Sony (like the SW Prequels) meaning I'll have no chance of getting preview tickets.

12. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    As an uber nerd, I'd value a "first time" experience in other things too. :(

That said, midnight screening. I've got a gift card for the movie theater I've had since Christmas just for this.

13. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Nothing special. I probably will go to see it day or two after it opens, buy popcorn and a drink and enjoy it. When AoC and RoTS came out I watched them twice at the same day, but with Indy I think one time will be enough, as I'm not anywhere near as exited about it. If it's really good, I can go and watch it again some another day.

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Definitely heading out to the midnight showing with a friend. Been waiting too long for this one to not experience the midnight showing. ;)

15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yeah, baby. Losing our Indy IV virginity. Guess they had to wait so long until I was legal. And then some ;)

A theatre that is made entirely of the internet?! :eek:

:p

-sj loves kevin spacey

16. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Midnight screening would be my choice, if there's one. Sometimes they tend to get the premiere at 10 or 8pm, which kind of takes the fun out of it.

Who knows, maybe they come up with a quad-feature, though that might be a bit too much. Double or triple-features are pretty common for big franchises in Germany, but I don't think they ever went beyond that.
    They didn't choose to do them with Star Wars, so I doubt that Indy will get something like that either.

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I can't stand when they do that! I was gonna head to the midnight showing of the final Pirates film but decided against it when I found out the theater I was gonna go to was showing it at 8pm aside from the midnight show. I don't understand the purpose of this. A film is supposed to be released on a certain date, so why show it at 8pm the night before? It trumps the purpose of the midnight show and it's totally not worth it.

I'm hoping there will be more security surrounding KOTCS and theaters will be forced to wait till midnight on the 22nd.

18. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Definitely more fun. Especially since I have class the next day and can explain to everyone that I'm tired because of INDY IV WHICH IS FINALLY OUT! :D

-sj loves kevin spacey

19. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    Midnight showing with all my sci-fi geek/cinemaphile/screenwriter friends! The wife loves IJ also, so I'll probably be able to talk her into coming and missing work the next day... so we can go back to the theater and see it again opening day!!!!!!

20. Cellist

Cellist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2003
    Midnight showing at Downtown Disney in Orlando (digital theater). It's going to be fantastic.

21. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I would love to go to the midnight showing, but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to russle up any friends who are hard core enough to go with me. :p

So I'll probably go with my dad soon after it opens.

22. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Saw you mentioned Church here. Keep in mind that Lucas himself has said this film will have some religion impacting material, and that the film could cause quite an uproar with what it is suggesting (controversial like the Da-Vinci code). From the spoilers I have heard, I believe this to be true, so maybe warn your friends and anyone else who is going that the film might have some elements they find objectional.

I've got a digital screen in Winchester, I just gotta hope they have a midnight showing.

23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Meh, I think you should just remind people it's just a movie :p It's not like ToD wasn't controversial and stuff, but bottom line it's just a fun movie. I think the vast majority of religious people get that.

-sj loves kevin spacey

24. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Ewww... Winchester's movie theaters are atrocious. Just make the drive to Manassas or something. :p

25. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Winchester's theaters are amazing. The digital picture and sound is done perfectly. The only negative there is the fact that the seats and carpet and upholstrey is disgusting and in bad need of replacement. But if I have to choose the quality of the film presentation over the quality of the chairs, I'll choose the presentation.

edit: you live around here???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.