main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How will you be watching KotCS for the first time?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by solojones, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    So far I've no one to go with, so not sure if it'll be a midnight show. That's always more fun with friends. Probably a Friday matinee.

2. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Yes, I temporarily live around there. Actually just for another week or so.

A short drive to NoVa will get you digital theaters, huge screens and lovely stadium seating and carpeting. :p I always just make the trip. Call me a snob, lol.

3. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

It will be in the majestic Katy Entertainment Center Theatre Complex less than three miles from my office. :cool:

A friend of mine and I will enjoy an early lunch at one of the casual dining restaurants across the courtyard, and then walk over to enjoy a matinee showing.

Afterward, we will walk back to one of those fine dining establishments and enjoy a few glasses of wine and discuss the inevitable AWESOMENESS of KotCS. I don't drink very often, but this will certainly be a special occasion. [face_dancing]

(This is the identical behavior pattern I engaged in at Christmas for Sweeney Todd and I AM LEGEND.)

4. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Got tickets for the first show yesterday :cool:

Sadly, it's no midnight-screening, instead it starts at 8pm on Wednesday.
    As was the case with Pirates 3 last year, this special feature goes head to head with the Champion's League finale (soccer for those who don't know it ;) ). Not that it will cost them all that many people, but it's still stupid to put it right at the same time, when you had the ability to use midnight-screenings and still sell out everything.

Not that I need to watch the game, but at least one person who wanted to come with me to watch Indy wants to watch the game as well. Now he has to decide which to take, and that simply shouldn't happen.

5. PeteTB

PeteTB Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2002
    I'm gonna try to get to a midnight show. But if not I'll be going to the Paramount Studios lot on the 24th to watch a special screening!! YEAH!! GOTTA LOVE THE HOOK UPS!!!!

6. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I'll be going to Manassas with Karla Wed at midnight to see it. There's no way I was gonna wait til Friday for Winchester to get it, though I will go see it again that weekend in Winchester cause they have digital screens.

7. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I'm kinda busy this month, so I may not get around to watching KotCS until June or July at the earliest. [face_plain]

j/k!!!!! :p

Probly a midnite show, but if there were any 8pm screenings on the 21st I might try and go to one of those. [face_dancing]

8. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Most likely with my FF opening weekend. I believe we are going to a Saturday matinee and then having a cookout afterwards.

9. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Well, decided on the Arclight instead of Grauman's. I have been there and it's just about the most amazing theatre ever. Plus you get reserved seats so I won't have to spend all day in line and can hang out with friends instead. I can't really physically stand in line that long because of back problems...

Anyway, I bought my tickets for a midnight showing :D This is going to be uber surreal.

-sj loves kevin spacey

10. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    My local DLP Digital theaters still haven't started pre-selling tickets yet. [face_plain]

11. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    Midnight or 8pm showing. Whatever the theater here in Carbondale does. Definitely twice that weekend because my friend's birthday is that same weekend.

12. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Midnight or first availble show

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    We went to see Iron Man at our local DLP theater on Thursday and while we were there, I asked about a midnight Indy showing. The guy said that they weren't sure yet and at the moment, there were no plans to have one. I was really disappointed about that and thought it strange that a competing theater less than 10 minutes away had been advertising their midnight showing for the past week and the only DLP theater in town wasn't having one. That totally blew my mind but whatever. It's their loss. We went ahead and ordered our tickets from that other place. ;)

14. Cellist

Cellist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2003
    I ordered my ticket for the midnight showing at Downtown Disney in Orlando. I'm very much excited.

15. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I'm going to be on vacation when KotCS comes out, so I'll probably just ask some friends if they want to watch it again. I'm pretty excited for it.

16. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I'm encountering a similar situation. All my local DLP Digital theaters listed on Fandango do not have KotCS listed yet for advance ticket sales. Yet one theater that isn't digital does have tickets on sale. I'm not sure what to do. I'm going to call my DLP theaters and see if they're even going to show the film.

I knew Spielberg didn't want to exhibit the film digitally but I thought he relented.

Has anybody been able to buy tickets for KotCS at a DLP Digital Theater?

17. Cellist

Cellist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2003
    Our digital theater didn't have it listed as a digital presentation, so I just bought the ticket for the standard showing.

18. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    7 days and counting, and I am not prepared.

19. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    I'll be watching Kingdom of the Crystal Skull for the first time at 2pm at the Silverlink Odeon Cinema on May 22nd and then the second time will be at the same cinema at 5pm on May 22nd the first time I've ever watched a movie back to back at the cinema I can't wait I'm so EXCITED.

20. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    I will be going to my first midnight showing for any movie!!! Already picked up the ticket and took that Thursday and Friday off. Couldn't be more excited!!

21. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    The theatre I'm going to, the ArcLight, is DLP but I'm not sure if they're showing it that way necessarily. They have, like, 6 forms of projection there :p That's why it's where all the movie actors/directors/etc go to see films. That and the fact that it's just the most amazing theatre ever.

-sj loves kevin spacey

22. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Wow things just got very exciting for me in the time I clicked to post a message here and me typing it.

Before I clicked to post this message I was finally able to order tickets online for my local DLP Theater, which is actually and hour away in the city I attend college at (convenient ;) ). I'll be attending their first matinee at 1:00pm with some family members. Anyway I just happen to check my local old fashion projector theater (which I had abandoned for the DLP) and they're having a Midnight screening! It's the only one within my general area so tomorrow I'm going to go buy a ticket for that screening as well.

So I'll be seeing it first at midnight, traditionally projected, then later that day I'll see it again, digitally projected. I call that the best of both worlds.

[face_dancing]

23. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    at a theatre...
    it doesn't matter which one or what the quality of it is.

-Seldon

24. JediSteve

JediSteve Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2002
    I will be attending a midnight screening Wednesday night. I was going to go in full Indy gear but I had to put the completion of my costume on hold for the time being. Instead, I'll just wear the hat.

25. IndyAnna_Jones

IndyAnna_Jones Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2003
    No midnight showings around here, and I'm stuck on a conference dinner that night as well. My first time will either be in the weekend, by myself in a decent cinema, or I'll wait until the weekend after when I can go with some FF friends to a good cinema.

I wish I had a hat though, I always said that I would get one when I finished my MA in archaeology, I finished last month and it would have been nice to go and see Indy in it, but I haven't been lucky with that yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.