Speculation How will you prepare for Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by clone3131, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clone3131 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yo!

So besides trolling TFN's Episode VII's board, how are you going to prepare leading up to the release of Episode VII?

How long before you go Spoiler Free - if you go SF at all?

Me, personally, I'm going to read all 6 movie novels (starting with IV). I'll finally force the wife to sit down and watch all 6 movies (she's never seen ONE of them yet) (again, starting at IV). And then make the final decision on when to go Spoiler Free. For Episode III I stayed in long enough when rumors starting to become truths. I probably will do the same here. Once too much info becomes fact, i'll pull out.

So how will you prepare for Ep VII?
  2. WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Read speculation, possibly. Get my geek on. For the public, STAR WARS IS BACK.
  3. UseTheForceLady Jedi Master

I immediately started thinking about what costume I wanted to wear to the opening...so got to get that nailed down and finished.
    I am still debating going spoiler free or not (leaning towards not) and most def watching a LOT of Star Wars!!!
    clone3131 likes this.
  4. FORCEFED Force Ghost

star 5
    Lather up with some old spice, push my moobs up and roll around in the spoilers
    Voss and DarthLowBudget like this.
  5. DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I will be re-watching Episode 4-6 before hitting the cinema to see EPVII

EDIT: Currently Watching EPIV as we speak [face_dancing]
    Last edited by DarthKreVass, Nov 2, 2012
    JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  6. DarthLowBudget Force Ghost

star 5
    I think I'll probably wake up at some point, think about whether I want to see it, and then buy a ticket.
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. Hermi_Odle Jedi Knight

Watch all the others in order and in glorious hi-def, [Not allowed], then head to the cinema.
    Last edited by mavjade, Nov 2, 2012
  8. Kyle Katarn Chosen One

star 6
    I'll probably get dressed, hop into my car, drive to the theater, buy a ticket, grab some snacks and take a seat before the movie begins. Dunno why the rest of you are gonna bring books to or surf the internet in a dark movie theater, whatever floats your boat I guess.
  9. GeneralCeel Jedi Master

star 2
    All spoilers, all the time. When I'm not here talking about them I'll be at my own message board talking about them, as I have been since 1998...... I've been 16 since 1999... and Uncle George just gave me permission to stay that way FOREVER!
  10. StampidHD280pro Force Ghost

star 4
  11. Voss Jedi Master

star 1
    BRO! lol how did you get sooo funny?

Me? I think I will finally start The Old Republic, and have the movies play continuously until 2015.

Im on the fence about spoilers!! I dont know how i feel yet..
  12. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Absorb any spoiler I can among friends and fans.
  13. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    Geeking out. Lots and lots of geeking out.
  14. sidious1000 Jedi Knight

star 1
    An ice cold PGGB and lots and lots of mostly lurking these boards.
  15. jainasky Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Read these boards... resubscribe to the Insider and if sw.com does a members only section again I will join that. Watch the Blu Rays and catch up on books. When the release date is announced I will take a few days off like a 4 day weekend and organize my friends to go see it opening day.

In the meantime I will stake out the official site, here, rebelscum and update my blog with news. Save money for the inevitable onslaught of magazines, books, tie in novels, games and figures that will come out.
  16. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    Come on here, watch all 6 movies, listen to all 6 soundtracks, read books, comics, watch the trailers, stuff like that.
  17. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    I've already been asked by a random stranger- due to wearing a Star Wars t-shirt around town -if I'd heard the news. It was then that it really hit me...not just to fans, but to the whole world, Star Wars is alive! [face_dancing]

I have no clue if I'll be reading spoilers this time around. I don't think so. I think I'll just watch and analyze trailers, stare for hours at posters, and watch the cast/crew/character list like a hawk. If I do any spoilers I'll be collecting behind-the-scenes/leaked pictures. Those are too good to pass up.

One thing's for sure, though...if Mark Hamill is signed on, I'm going to be the first in line to buy a ticket! Just seeing him as a Jedi will be worth the admission alone. :D
  18. EviL_eLF Chosen One

star 4
    Ok... I know now after having gone through the PT, that I will be absolutely unable to go spoiler free! My Star Wars film hunger drove that right out of the window, so I'm not going to kid myself into thinking I can even try.

I hope there is another form of "Hyperspace" as there was before so we can get webcams etc again like last time! That was the best!
  19. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I haven't decided about spoilers. I wasn't spoiled for TPM, saw the trailers and that's it. I was completely ruined for AOTC and decided I never again wanted to know that much about a movie ahead of time. (I did see it 10 times in the theater.) I decided to go spoiler-limited for ROTS and read enough spoilers to keep me from paying full price for the movie at all--ended up watching it in the $1.50 theater after it had been out for four months. I can't imagine being turned off that much by Episode VII spoilers but I still don't want to know as much as I did in 2002.

I would like another version of the Hyperspace cam, although this time I hope it's at a lesser or no cost.
  20. Adamina Jedi Padawan

Read as many spoilers as I can, because I want to know everything..looking forward to getting to wait in line for tickets (because I thought I would never get to do that again). [face_dancing]
  21. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    ROTS was the only time I saw a new Star Wars movie in theaters and I feel that I went about it all wrong. I saw it about a week after it was released and I read a ton of spoilers beforehand. This was mostly because I wasn't that big a fan at the time. (Revenge and the surrounding hype was the main catalyst for me becoming a superfan.) This time, I plan on participating in midnight premieres and everything that they entail. I had a lot of fun in the queue lines at CVI (talking to fellow fans, watching the movies on portable DVD players, etc.) and I can only imagine how great it will be to do that in the line for a new film!
  22. mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    I plan on spoilers figuring I won't be able to avoid them, though I may change my mind before big spoilers start coming out.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to sew well enough by then to have made a costume for the midnight premiere and I'm sure I'll be watching many a marathon of movies.
  23. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Think I'll be mostly spoiler free. Even if I'm setting myself up for the fall, I want it to be a spectacular fall. No dulling of the impact. And of course, if it's good, it'll be better as a surprise.

That's my assessment at the moment, though. Three years from now could be a very different story.
    Last edited by Ramza, Nov 2, 2012
  24. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
  25. Adrian the Cool Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm not afraid of spoilers and want to hear/read/watch/whatever everyone I could get. I want to believe!
    Last edited by Adrian the Cool, Nov 2, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.