main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How would a Sith fare against Vong, hand to hand?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by squeet_1, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squeet_1

squeet_1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    We all know the Jedi can't use aggression in a fight, but we also know that hate and aggression make a Sith strong. So how would a well trained Vong asskicker hold up against a Sith. One like Dooku perhaps, or Darth Bane.

Anyone??

2. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    probably same as a jedi, maybe a little better

3. trianiigirl

trianiigirl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 21, 2002
    I don't know about Sith Masters like Dooku or Bane, but I bet Maul could kick some Vong tail.

Though I bet the whole "invisible to the Force" thing would throw him off at first, like with that thing under Courscant in Shadow Hunter.

4. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Let's get something straight first. Jedi can take thugs to school just as much as Maul could or etc without a saber. Look at the rain battle when Obi Wan lost his blade. :)

5. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    You mean the battle where Obi-Wan failed to achieve his goal and let the bad guy escape? Much like his Master Yoda in the following battle with Dooku?

Yup. PT Jedi are grand combatants. :p

Anyway, I think that Sith would fare rather well against Yuuzhan Vong warriors. The Jedi restrain themselves, which makes fighting harder for them. But Sith fully unleash themselves without restraint. They aren't reluctant or hesitant to use Force lightning and similar, chaotic spells.

6. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    force lightning wouldn't effect Vong ;)

7. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Tell that to the authors of SbS and DW.

8. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    It would definately depend on which Sith, and which Yuuzhan Vong.

9. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I think we're talking about a typical Sith and a typical Vong warrior. :)

10. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    Whaddya think Maul has horns for?

Heh, I'd pay to see that fight...

11. squeet_1

squeet_1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    I think y'all are on the mark about Maul. He'd unleash Hell for sure. I think the only reason he lost to Obi was the surprise attack, that's for another thread though.
    Thing I was thinking was the whole holding back thing, Sith just let loose and kill whereas Jedi, on more than one occasion Jedi have slapped a Vong in the heaqd with the blunt side of a sabre. Sith would NEVER do that!! I think a good example of what I mean is back in one of the Dark Tide novels, Horn waited to kill a Vong leader when he had him beat, just to rub his face it. Tha is of the darkside and the entire duel was of the darkside, and I think that's why he won and other Jedi falter.

12. Cam_Mulonus

Cam_Mulonus Jedi Master star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    Jedi cannot defeat Vong easily because of their limits. But Sith can use Force Lightning not only to kill the Crab armor of a Vong, but also the Vong themselves. Sith are also more agressive fighters and would definately fight better than a Vong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.