main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How would [b]you[/b] do this?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Animator_Steve, Oct 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animator_Steve

Animator_Steve Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 2002
    Ok, so I'm making my first film. And, I'm always hearing from those who watched every fanfilm here, that they would like to see a movie in the TAlES OF THE JEDI timeline. Well, this is what I'm thinking about doing. But, I want your opinions. I'm thinking about keeping as faithful as I can to the Comics, but I want to hear other Ideas.

So, if you can give and Suggestions or how you would do it, then that would be really appreciated. Thanks.

2. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    Just so ya know .... HTML tags don't work in the Subject line. ;)

3. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    My prayers have been answered. :D

I know there have been a few others, but I know that I have been one of the biggest proponents of wanting to see a FanFilm set during the "Ancient Jedi" times (ala, Tales of the Jedi). I am excited that you are considering this.

As for staying true to the comic books, I don't think it is necessary to make a film based on the comics verbatim. Of course, you can if you want. But you also can simply depict the style and feel of those times, along with the NON-BROWN ROBE Jedi Garb (PLEASE), and formulate your own tale. Surely, you can reference Ulic Qel Droma, Nomi Sunrider, Xzar Jun, etc. . . . but you don't necessarily have to USE those characters. Bottom line, it is up to you.

One thing I would love to see ... if lightsabers are to come into play, are a more ancient design for the hilts. From reading the graphic novels and comics, the hilts looked a bit longer ... not as sleek as their EP I-VI decendants ... with that jagged emitter design. ;)

Hope that you continue with this project. I, for one, will very much be looking forward to your progress.

Good Luck !!!

JediTAC

4. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    Tac, the Sacamento Valley Rogue Force is currently doing a fanfilm of that era. I won't say what it's about yet, because I don't want the idea to get ripped off...but you will like it. It's as original as they come.

5. Animator_Steve

Oct 7, 2002
    Ya, from what I've seen from the comics, the lightsabers used to be really big and long w/ that power cord coming from power source on their belt. I'm NOT doing that whole brown Jedi robe, because hardly if none wore it that way anyways. I'm looking for good music to play in it and I'm currently writing the script. I'm learning how to do the Manga, not anime, style animation and then try to find some way of animating it.

If anyone has anymore Comments/Suggestions, just PM me.

6. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    Wait ... your film is going to be 100% animation?

7. Animator_Steve

Oct 7, 2002
    Yep, because I don't have access to a good camera. I just have an old vhs that you can hardly recognize a saber w/ it. And, it'll look better this way b/c it'll look just like the comics,, but animated.

8. Animator_Steve

Oct 7, 2002
    Plus, I don't have the budget to do Anything live action. But, tell ya what, if I get a chance to get a good camera and I can find someone to do costumes, I'll try to get Live Action in there. But, that'll take some really good luck and possibly a miracle.

9. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Two words on a CG movie...

Good Luck

10. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    WD, he never said CG.
    I don't know what thread you were reading.

11. Animator_Steve

Oct 7, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.