main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How WOULD Qui-Gon have taken watching his master turn to the SITH?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Master_Mace_Windows, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Mace_Windows

Master_Mace_Windows Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2005
    If Quigon was alive, with all his wisdom, how could he take the fact that his former master was now DARTH Tyrannus?

O_O

2. Chigu

Chigu Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2005
    he would take it easy.. ;D he's so wise man ;D

3. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    It is of course possible that Sidious used Qui-Gon's death as a way of turning Dooku; a better question would be "Would Dooku have turned had Qui-Gon not been killed?"

4. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    He would have cryed.

5. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Qui-Gon would have tried to turn Dooku away from the Darkside and when that failed, like Kenobi in ROTS, he'd of done what he must and kicked Dooku's butt :cool: Well, Dooku would probably have killed him actually [face_beatup]

6. IBO-NAW-NAYAS

IBO-NAW-NAYAS Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    Ya he would have tried but if he couldn't beat Maul there's no way he could have kille Dooku. I'm sure Qui-Gon would have tried to bring him back to the good side and if not tried to kill him but I don't think it would have upset him that much. He is a much more emotionaly controled jedi like yoda. He wouldn't have been like Ob-Wan and said:
    "You were my brother i loved u" and all that other $#!^

Good Stuff Guys

7. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    I don't think Dooku could bring himself to kill Qui-gon. He hardly seems to be able to bring himself to kill Obi-wan - the Confederacy seems to have had standing orders not to kill Kenobi throughout the clone wars.

I think Qui-gon could have figured out what was really going on better than Obi-wan did. Perhaps he wouldn't be able to turn Dooku back, but I think he would at least have been able to turn Dooku against Sidious for real.

8. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    He would have been pretty bummed, but Qui-Gon would have gotten through it in the end.

He could never beat Dooku in a fight though. Dooku would know all his weaknesses from training him.

9. rsterling78

rsterling78 Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2002
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/episode-i/fun/snapshot/1999/07/img/comlink_bg.jpg] [image=http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~nk380297/EReport_files/image001.jpg]

He'd have tested Dooku's midi-chlorian count with a Gillette Sensor razor.

10. Darth Pikachuwbacca

Darth Pikachuwbacca Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2000
    No wonder Qui-Gon is so hairy. He's been trimming his beard with his comlink and talking into his razor.

11. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    Probably very similary to the way Yoda deals with his padawan turn to the Sith.
    Calm, and at peace. Dealing with the matter as it is, not as it was.

12. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    He would have told Dooku that he was very very disappointed in him turning to the dark side, and that he no longer considered him his friend or mentor. [face_shame_on_you]

Dooku would then have seen the error in his ways and have turned back to the light. He could simply not stand to think that he had dissapointed a person as great and wise as Qui-Gon Jinn. :(

13. ulien

ulien Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2005
    I`m not sure if Qui-Gon would deal with Dooku the way that Yoda or Obi-Wan did. He was always disagreeing with them and the Counsil decidions so I wonder if he would do exactly what he would be supposed to do. And in the book there was written Dooku said something about Qui-Gon joining him, if he was not dead. I`m not sure if that would be true, but still... Qui-Gon was the differnet and difficult one

14. Mace_Windolene

Mace_Windolene Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Here's how I think it would have gone down if Qui-Gon survived:

Dooku would still leave the Jedi.

Qui-Gon would leave the Jedi to train Anakin.

Dooku would not turn to the Dark Side, but instead would join with Qui-Gon and Anakin, and a New Order would be formed.

Many Jedi, dissatisfied with the corruption in the Republic, would see joining the New Order as a viable option as it didn't involve turning to the Dark Side.

Under Qui-Gon's tutelage, the New Order would be more focused on the Living Force, and thus able to seek out and destroy the Sith.

With help from the New Order, Amidala, Organa and crew could put an end to the corruption in the Senate.

The Old Order would fade away and Balance would be restored.

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.