main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How would the Vong use Coruscant? [Historical thread of the week!]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Santee Ordrin, Apr 10, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    LOL! Sorry Gatherer, it's just my nature...

As for being serious - I think it would be a powerful blow to the Vong if Coruscant was at one time the "Vong utopia" - their chosen world, full of nature and life. Now, some millions of years later, the GFFA (Galactic Republic) has kirffed it up into one of the worst technological abominations the galaxy's ever seen - a planet-sized urban metropolis.

I think Coruscant is the natural climax/battleground between the Vong and the GFFA as it is the best symbol of technology the GFFA has to offer. Whatever the Vong do with it, they're not going to keep the status quo. I see them razing the entire planet, purging it of the "heathen" machinery.

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I think that they would capture it because it is a symbol of power. Who ever holds Coruscant it the dominant government in the galaxy.

3. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    I have a feeling we will see the original sea level of Coruscant before the NJO is over. The Vong will attack and just unleash something that incinerates the buildings, stopping at the ground.

4. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    C'mon people, be serious, the Vong capture Coruscant? HA!! I scoff at that idea for two reasons. One: Borsk despite his stupid politics would NEVER let that happen, and two: Because of the morale implications on the galaxy, I think they'd have every ship there ready to fight if the Vong did show their ugly, tattooed rear-ends there.

BUT Im not ruling out that Coruscant could be the final showdown between the Vong and the NR. The Vong have said that they want Coruscant in AoC:JE. BUT they won't get it, trust me on that one. And if they do....::shudders:: lord help the SW universe if this does happen. Chaos, panic, disorder, unfocused militaries ::shudders again:: But hey, maybe the Empire will be generous enough to let Bastion become the NR capital(NOT!) LoL.

5. Cyclonetrooper

Cyclonetrooper Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 14, 2000
    The Vong do what they did to Duros and Dubrillion, I'd imagine (sp).

6. Santee Ordrin

Santee Ordrin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 9, 1998
    This question has popped up again. I do wish folks would read back a bit.

7. Darth Willie

Darth Willie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 1999
    Sure, the Vong want Coruscant, but you have to wonder: why? Is it because of its strategic value? Will it open up a new path to a different target?

I think they would destroy it. They despise technology, and revere nature. Coruscant is the ultimate opposite of those beliefs.

So they would decimate it somehow (as decreed by their gods), and deliver their biggest blow to the galaxy.

But this is all assuming they actually reach and conquer the planet.

8. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    I agree with Tellesto, the Vong despise technology and Coruscant is practically one gigantic ball absolutely packed with the stuff.

By the way does anyone remember that huge weapon the Vong were constucting at Serpindal after is was destroyed that was bigger than the Death Star? No one's said anything about it after Stackpole, but I don't think we've seen the last of that weapon. We just might see the end of Coruscant in the NJO.

9. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Do you think that the Vong would use Coruscant as a symbol of their power, and for what they represent - by cleansing and wiping it clean?

It would be an example to the galaxy of the power and purpose of their mission, and the Gods.

10. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    It would have a polarizing effect on the Galaxy, much like the destruction of Allderaan had twenty-some odd years before. Beings too afraid to act before will see the true danger, how everyone can be effected, and the Vong will be kicked out of the Galaxy through 'Exit Prime.'

11. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I believe that it will have an even greater affect than the loss of Alderaan, as Coruscant is the 'bright center of the universe', and has been so for a thousand generations!

Ha! I like the title 'Exit Prime'! :)

12. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Boy, were most of us ever wrong. :p

13. LuBusVassal

LuBusVassal Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    Heh, I guess if you told Socratese a person would walk on the moon and he'd be an American then he'd first say "That is quite impossible" then say "Whats American?"

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    *blinks*

A thread older than me? Hmm.

Personally, my belief at that point was that the Empire would sweep in and take Coruscant while the Rebels were distracted by holding off the Yuuzhan Vong. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.