main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series How would you feel if Anakin grew facial hair at some point in the series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by IG_2000, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    I'm pretty sure Obi-Wan has no facial hair in Ep. I because he's in his mid-teens. And I'm not quite as sure but still pretty sure but still not positive that he was younger than 30 in Ep. II.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Pretty sure he was supposed to be 25 in TPM. But I'll look it up.

Yep, born 57 BBY. TPM takes place in 32 BBY, AOTC in 22 BBY.

He does look younger though. :p

3. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Damn! I had no idea he was supposed to be that old in Ep. I! He doesn't look it at all! It also changes the whole way I understood the Padawan system, if it's supposed to be normal to remain a Padawan until your 25 years old, and that's on top of the rule that you have to be like 2 years old when you start or they won't accept you. That's a long freaking time to be a Padawan.

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Ewan MacGregor was 28 in TPMo_O supposedly he was 25 so he played younger he was.....
    well there is two levels in padawan-system younglings and padawans- younglings train in groups you know (sorry don't want to give a lecture but right now you seem to need one[face_laugh] ) under guidance of some senior master Yoda, Tera Sinube or Jocasta Nu for example.....

then they are selected to be 'padawan learners' of some jedi knight or master- at the age of 10 to 15 or so i think- it's bit contradicting really in EU it's said somewhere that all should be selected to be personal padawans of jedi knights or masters before the age of 13 but then Ahsoka was 14 and Anakin even says she may not be old enough to be a padawan.... that's possible she was supposedly 11 in original scripts and was then made older.......

Yoda teaching younglings retcons some of the Obi-Wan's comments in ESB about Yoda training him- he did- when Obi was youngling -before Obi-Wan was padawan learner of the Qui-Gon- usually jedi have at least two masters then but Anakin was exception Obi-Wan trained him from the beginning...

Knighting age is probably something like 25 usually- probably very personal- Anakin was probably pretty young to be a knight causing for example Grievous thinking he would be older- Barriss who is few years younger than Anakin is not yet knight and i don't think there is huge contradiction in her age either.....

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    [face_laugh]

Palpatine to Anakin in ROTS: "It is only natural. He cut off your beard, and you wanted revenge."

And that picture of Anakin with a mustache needs to be an icon. :p

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    This reminds me... there is old phrase in Finland saying that "beard doesn't grow for evil men"[face_laugh] it's probably some old myth it is mentioned in Kalevala for example- finnish national epic (that happens to be homeworld of Satine also:p )

How many bad guys in SW really have a beard?[face_thinking] ... Dooku.... that pretty much it- Palpy, Tarkin, Vader, Piett..... no beard...... and maybe Dooku's beard stopped growing when he turned to the Dark Side[face_laugh]

So maybe Anakin's occasional Vaderisms prevent his beard from growing[face_laugh]

after all even on Mortis Father had a long beard Son lacked hair altogether.....

7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    And Chewbacca is as selfless as they come.

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    ^ It's true... we may be on to something here. And Maul has no hair at all either (horns don't count).

9. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Well, considering we haven't seen him shirtless in TPM and TCW doesn't necessarily stick to the pre-established EU material, I wouldn't put it past them to take a different route from the hairless, full-body tattooed Darth Maul to something more macho...

[image=http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//571/Darth-Burt-Maul-Reynolds.jpg]
    Darth Burt Maul Reynolds

"At last we shall reveal ourselves to the Jedi."

Season 4 - Real Meanings Behind the Saga's Dialogue Revealed!

P.S.: IG_2000, I am truly sorry for ruining any chance getting back to a serious discussion.:p

10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    My eyes have literally burned away.

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I laughed...

12. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    [image=http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c326/allaseal/Random/babyscared.gif]

[image=http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l577/joliz07/tumblr_ljvsfydNiZ1qfjmth.gif]

[image=http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq100/nebula908/Gifs/tumblr_lcpdh6C5mS1qzny6do1_500.gif]

13. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I think any chance of that happening vanished long ago.

This thread is just deranged. Deraaanged, I tell you.

14. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Stop dragging us off-topic, Gry. Some of us care deeply about the status of General Skywalker's facial protrusions.

15. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I love this thread; it shows the true concerns of some of us[face_chicken]. And the Burt Maul pic is fantastic ^^.

16. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Yes the status of Anakin's possible facial hair is easily the most significant question the LACWAC forum has ever addressed.

In fact Billy_Dee_Binks should create a thread in the Saga forum entitled, Would Anakin Growing a Mustache Cause Him To Become Even More Powerful? and then show that picture.

[face_mischief]:p

17. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    MY. EEEYYYYEEEEESSSSS!!!

Eh, I'm not a fan of facial hair at all; I say leave it off.

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Anakin grows a moustache- Father's ghost appears to him
    Father: Now you know how you truly are- your moustache amplify your power- use the Force through your moustache! But beware.... your ... goatee...it leads to the dark side.......
    Anakin : WTF!?- i never grow facial hair if they cause me more insane Mortis-nightmares....(goes to shave)

19. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    I'm glad to see your hatred of Mortis and love of facial hair combine to such humorous results, Swash. [face_laugh]

By the way, I knew the stuff about becoming a Padawan in the mid-teens because I've read some of the Jedi Apprentice books, it totally slipped my mind when I wrote that post! Still, 10 years is a long time and 25 is pretty old.

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I have no special relationship with Anakin's theoretical facial hair[face_talk_hand] .... and Mortis was wasted opportunity of comedy.....

25 old ummmm.... damn i have 4 years to go before i'm old[face_worried]
    and you know Ewan MacGregor was 28 in TPM didn't you say he looks younger than 25?[face_laugh]

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    So that would make him 38 in ROTS? Yeah right.

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    in reality Ewan was just 33 or 34 in ROTS but yes he supposedly is 38 - and in ANH he is 57 while Alec Guinness really was 63....
    So in TPM Ewan plays 3 years younger he is, in AOTC and ROTS older and Alec plays 6 years younger he was at the time....

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Ewan and I are the same age, so he was 32 when he filmed ROTS, assuming he had already had his birthday. And yes, Obi-Wan was supposed to be 35 in AOTC and 38 in ROTS. I think the makeup department might have grayed-up Ewan's beard a bit for ROTS.

I haven't read much pre-TPM EU but I had assumed what the PP mentioned, that younglings are taken into Padawanship by a Knight or Master at age 13 or 14, and the normal age for Knighthood was in one's mid-20s. Wasn't Ahsoka 14 when she was assigned to Anakin?

There is also a big deal made in Karen Miller's novels about the fact that Anakin was knighted early due to the war. Based on what I've read, this also happened with the American military during World War II, with junior officers getting promoted more quickly than their COs might have liked.

24. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    yes it makes sense war caused more knightings that there would've been normally during time of peace- there was need for independent knights and even those council thought were not completely ready- were made knights (like Anakin) so they wouldn't have to find new masters for padawans all the time especially when they were losing many masters on the battlefield- they simply needed more knights that could command armies as Generals without guidance of masters and train padawans at least for some time- i'm still not sure whether or not Yoda and Obi-Wan actually want Anakin to train Ahsoka all the way to the knighthood or are they going to reassign her soon to someone else....
    what comes to Anakin's facial hair- he has none in ROTS so i don't think he has any in series that is going towards ROTS.... Anakin never had any beard not even in Sebastian Shaw's Anakin in original Rotj- beard just is not part of his character:p
    and moustache are too hilarious as that picture proves[face_laugh]

25. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    In that case, I'm one year older than you. Actually, my birthday is less than a month away, so I'm probably more like 2 years older than you. I didn't mean 25 was old in general, but that it seems old for someone to still be a Padawan. And yes, I did not think Obi-Wan was supposed to be 25 in Ep. I, I always thought he was supposed to be a teenager.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.