main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How would you have ended the saga?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by ANAKINSKYWEEZER, Dec 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
    No. It's called Star Wars, because it's about a war amongst the stars. :D

2. darthmace7

darthmace7 Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 15, 2003
    Well... here are some changes that I would have made-

1. Boba would not have died like he did. He would have CLEARLY been alive at the end of ROTJ and there would be no debatej.

2. Luke and Leia would have been with the droids on their first visit to Jabba's Palace. Leia would have been captured and Luke would have rescued both of them. (Leia still in bikini)

3. Luke would have beaten the Rancor with a lightsaber instead of the gate.

4. NO Death Star II, Emperor would be building terrible war machines on his throneworld of Byss, a lava planet

5. Rebels sabotage war machine manufacting (Han, Lando, Wedge involved)

6. Luke and Leia confront Palpatine as he lets them enter his palace.

7. They both fight Vader. Luke slices off Vader's hand but not his saber hand. Vader then runs his blade through Leia. Leia dies.

8. Luke confronts Vader, shouting at him with hatred. The Emperor is pleased, but Vader is almost mournful.

9. Vader watches as Emperor torments Luke. Vader ignites his saber and assaults the Emperor who draws his own saber. Luke gets back up and fights him as well. Just as the Emperor kills Vader, Luke kills the Emperor.

10. Han and Luke are heartbroken but they move on. We see Luke start a Jedi Academy on Yavin 4.

I know this isn't very good.

3. Binder-lover

Binder-lover Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 3, 2003
    ... Isn't that like the Dark Empire series?

4. darthmace7

darthmace7 Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 15, 2003
    I've only read DE 1. I used Byss simply because I like that name and if this occured in place of ROTJ, DE wouldn't even be out. Also, there is no Vader in DE and there are no Emperor clones in my version.

5. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    1. Leia is not Luke's sister.
    2. Han can't be unfrozen.
    3. Jabba's Palace was actually Vader's Plan B to capture Luke. Vader succeeds. Chewbacca kills Boba Fett and escapes with Leia. Lando dies.
    4. There is no second Death Star.
    5. The Rebel Fleet concentrates in one place far away from Coruscant to battle the Imperial Fleet.
    5. Luke is brought to the emperor by Vader like in ROTJ. The fight is like in ROTJ, except Luke dies in the end, too.
    6. Leia proclaims a new Republic and Lando becomes Senator.

6. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    It would destroy any respectability of Vader's character if he killed his own daughter. One of the main themes of the saga is how everyone has the capacity for both good and evil (well, everyone except Palpatine), and Anakin had to come back at the end to make that point.

7. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    I would have Luke decapitate Boba Fett so there would be no debating the fact that Boba is RIP.
    Although it would take away from Han getting his revenge, I am willing to sacrifice that one minor plot point.

8. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Such a shame it won't happen eh?

9. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    --Less of the Ewoks (they rocked when I was 6, but I don't enjoy them so much now).

--The Jabba's palace sequence would have been shorter.

--More Vader in the film. More Vader=good.

--My Ani would have survived.

10. TheEliteFetus

TheEliteFetus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2003
    To answer the question go read what Zeth has said.

"Also, I think it would be stupid to have Han stuck in carbon-freeze like a zombie the entire movie."

Well i think it's stupid to have Han running around in ROTJ going, "What am I doing here' look on his face the entire movie. Besides, he would have been killed off probably the first half hour of the movie anyway. Han reached his character height in ESB. There was nothing really worth while you could develop for him anymore so why not let him go.

"I think I read somewhere that Vader was to have died in Ep. VI, whether there were further episodes or not. I think Gary Kurtz said that he was always supposed to have sacrificed himself for Luke in order so his son could carry on his quest to destroy the Emperor. I think it might have been a neat and dramatic twist for such a major villain to die half way through a story."

I figured that Luke would have killed/defeated Vader in order to attain Jedi knighthood acceptance from Yoda and Ben. Makes Luke stronger that way. Killing his father reluctantly. Passing the challenge/test.

"Why does there need to be a mission at the end of each movie for it to be dramatic? ESB didn't have a mission at the end. Why does a story need a mission at the end for it to be dramatic and gripping?"

Yes. ESB is about survival and through that you get depth. What's great about the SW mythos is that you get such a wide canvas to play with. Why the hell would you want rehash the same stuff you already have done.

"I would've shown a montage...

Luke rebuiding the Jedi Order
    Han and Leia getting married
    Return of senators to the Senate building
    Imperial equipment being destroyed "

And then humans and aliens could hold hands and sing of galactic peace.

"Unfortunately, Zethlin_Maximus, Star Wars wasn't meant to be a war documentary about weapons, it is actually about the characters."

SW is about the journey of Luke. That's how it started out. Everybody else is canon fodder.

11. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
    I think that, rather than being "a war documentary", the Star Wars films should have been a sci-fi/fantasy version of Winds of War, War and Remembrance, or North & South. It should have been an epic action drama (as ANH and ESB started out), with a splash of realistic romance (Han and Leia in ESB) and subtle interpersonal humour. And I do wish that GL could have gotten some proper ghost writers in to clean up his rather tacky scripting for ROTJ and the PT, because we all know that character lines aren't exactly his strongest point.

If you really want to know what I wanted in the way of highbrow action drama from the rest of the saga (post ESB), then just look at ROTK for a perfect example. That had everything I wanted in the way of intellectual drama, heroic epic action, romance and subtle humour.

12. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    I would have to agree with Killfire

2. Han can't be unfrozen.
    3. Jabba's Palace was actually Vader's Plan B to capture Luke. Vader succeeds. Chewbacca kills Boba Fett and escapes with Leia. Lando dies.

No "cutsie" Ewoks they would look more vicious. Or Wookies!!!

Palpatine would still be a bad ass!!!

And when Luke took off Vaders mask...

He would reveal that Vader was none other than...

Jar Jar Binks!!! :p

13. EnJee

EnJee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2004
    You're nuts.

14. IDigMetalBikinis

IDigMetalBikinis Jedi Master star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    I always thought it would have been very cool,(and added more emotional weight to the story), if after causing Boba Fett to fly into the Sarlaac pit, Solo rescues both Lando AND Fett from the pit. As the battle rages around them, Solo, Chewbacca, Lando and Fett, exhausted and pummeled, nervously face each other on the skiff. Sensing that the tide of the battle is clearly against his benefactor Jabba, Fett removes his helmet, gives Han thanks, and begins to fight along side the group. After the battle, either The Falcon and Slave One would go their separate ways, or perhaps Fett would tag along, tentatively joining the rebellion.

15. EnJee

EnJee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2004
    Hmm... doesn't sound very Fett-y. He's a merchant. He'd probably give Han a couple of hundred wupiupi in gratitude, then leave. At most.

BTW, according to TPM wupiupi are Tatooine currency in case you forgot.

16. 1701

1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    I really don't see anything wrong with it. I could do without the Ewoks though. I also think that maybe the space battle could have been more drawn out.

17. ANAKINSKYWEEZER

ANAKINSKYWEEZER Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    I still need ideas for my outline, people.

18. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Just put in an extra scene right at the end, with a hooded figure emerging from an Ewok hut. He lifts back his hood and...
    "Hello, boyos! Mesa back!"

19. MrHat

MrHat Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 11, 2004
    I really enjoyed the way the movie ended and it is possibly my favorite but why the hell did Lucas have Ewoks. The idea of so much resting on little bears pisses me off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.