main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation How Would You Have Luke Die?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by EviL_eLF, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    If Luke checks out, it needs to be EPIC.

Not as a simple mental motivational tool for a stiff necked student.

This guy bleeds righteousness. He needs to die for a very worthy, noble cause.

2. bighairedaristocrat

bighairedaristocrat Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2013
    The prequel triology began with Anakin Skywalkers spiritual birth as a Jedi padawan. His first master was killed.
    The prequel trilogy ended with Anakin Skywalker's spiritual death as a Jedi and his son, Luke's, physical birth.

The original trilogy began with Luke's spiritual birth as an (informal) Jedi padawan. His first master was killed.
    The original trilogy ended with Anakin Skywalkers phisical death, and Luke's becoming a Jedi.

Now, the symmetry of the first 6 movies is perfect. It starts with the chosen one's spiritual birth, and ends with his physical death, being redeemed through his son. Making 3 more movies eliminates any simple "symmetry." However, with a few logical assumptions, we can still get a general idea of what we might see if the sequel trilogy follows a similar pattern. Here are my assumptions:
    • Luke will not turn to the dark side at any point, either between the OT and ST, or during the ST
    • The skywalker children (and this includes any of han and leia's offspring) would have been raised in a galaxy where the Jedi can flourish. They would have learned the ways of the force at a young age, as was usually the case in the prequel trilogy
    • The movies take place approximately 40 years after the end of ROTJ, meaning we've very likely got three generations of skywalkers (with Luke/Leia being about 70, children being between 35 and 40, and grandchildren being between 10 and 20.
    Those assumptions in place, and continuing the pattern set forth in the prequels, i see the movies sequel trilogy panning out like this:

The sequel trilogy will begin with a Skywalker grandchilds spiritual birth as a Jedi padawan to Luke. Luke will be killed (by one of his or Leia's children)
    The sequel trilogy will end with the skywalker childs physical death (with a spiritual redemption) and the skywalker grandchild becoming a Jedi.

Klingon Padawan likes this.
  3. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

I really want to see all of these happen right now. I love Luke standing and Mustafar, peering over the edge, "Hmmmm, so this where my father .. wait, woah, WOAAAAHHH!!" *splash*

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    One of his students looks at him the wrong way, so his head explodes.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Only way that would happen is if one of those students was Chuck Norris. Wait....Chuck Norris as a jedi.....my god

Ryus and DARTHSHAME like this.
  7. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    Hell no!!! Call me sentimental, but I want to see them grow old and be happy. They are so tied up to my childhood that I would really be sad by it. Hell, the death of Chewbacca completely turned me off to the Vong thing. That is why I look forward to seeing him resurrected (or acknowledged to not be dead). I think Disney should tread carefully before they take out the Big 3. Sadly, I think they will given in to Harrison Ford and kill Han, but that does not mean I have to like it.:mad:

8. DARTHSHAME

Dec 19, 2003
    I see things similarly. Although, I want Luke and Leia to live to the end.

9. DARTHSHAME

Dec 19, 2003
    LMAO! Never saw that video before.

10. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Via old age, reflecting how Yoda died but with instead with dozens upon dozens of Jedi by his bedside sometime around episode 10+, while passing on the torch to his choosen heir (aka main character form ep 7-9) when the cast of the sequal trilogy presumably will be middle aged and can no longer be the main character after the sequal trilogy is finished. On the plus side, by then Hamill may not need any makeup either to look super old like Yoda.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Could do without seeing his death on screen. It would be nice to keep it as an open plothole for at least the first new film.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  12. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    If he goes, however he goes, his body MUST disappear

13. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    Luke Skywalker, surrounded by an army. His young Jedi charges are running for the ship, hoping to escape. Their plan is to get to the ship, bring it around and pick Luke up. Luke knows that won't happen. He's calm. At peace. The army closes in. His eyes open. One last dance for the son of suns? Why not. Luke uses the Force. No, he commands the Force. A dozen enemies? A hundred? A thousand? More? It doesn't matter. He is so powerful now that the ground beneath his feet starts to rumble. Cracks form, spreading out into the army and opening up into chasms. A Force push knocks back an entire battalion. Rocks, buried deep into dirt for thousands of years break free of their earth-prisons and become weapons. Luke's mastery of the Force is unmatched. But there's too many of them. They just keep going. Knock back ten and twenty more are behind, pressing forward. Finally, as they draw close, he ignites his lightsaber. He can sense the ship taking off. He knows they'll fly over, give him the opportunity to leap for his life. It's too dangerous. He must protect them. He understands now what he saw all those years ago on the Death Star when Ben raised his sword in apparent surrender. He wasn't surrendering to Vader, he was surrendering to the Force. He unleashes a flurry of attacks. His green blade cuts through the enemy with ease. One by one they fall. The ship is in the air. It's time. One last glance. A last look at a new hope. And then a smile. He raises his blade and closes his eyes. The enemy swarms around him, kicking up a small dust storm. The ship hangs overhead, its passengers look out at the battlefield, waiting for the dust to settle. When it does, the enemy fighters see nothing but a cloak and a lightsaber. There's mass confusion. Did one of them kill the Jedi? Where's his body? The roar of the ion engines overhead alert them. They look up and aim their weapons. Inside the ship, the pilot is stunned. He hears a voice in his head. It's familiar. It can't be. Luke? The voice says just one word - "Fly." The pilot hits the boosters, the ship rockets away, up towards the edge of the atmosphere and beyond. Luke Skywalker is dead. But even death has no hold over a Skywalker.

...Like that.

14. Orochi Oni

Orochi Oni Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 8, 2013
    Lucas said that everything rhymes in the Star Wars Saga.

In the first episode of each trilogy, a master/father figure dies. In Episode IV, it was Obi-Wan. In Episode I, It was Qui-Gon.

Luke will obviously be a master/father figure to someone in Episode VII. I think it's highly probable that he'll die.

As for how I'd like to see him go? I honestly don't know. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were killed by Sith. If it all rhymes, will the same thing happen to Luke?

EDIT: Before anyone says anything about the Sith being extinct. I know this and would like it to stay that way. I was just throwing it out there.

15. Darth Gumby

Darth Gumby Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2013
    Revenge of Windy Starkiller
    "At last I will get my power converters back from Wormie - at last I'll get my revenge!"

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  16. GlueParkEnigma

GlueParkEnigma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    He would need to sacrifice himself for something, a cause or a person or maybe the force itself.

Live, Love, Learn & Laugh

17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Standing alone at the Lars homestead, very old. Looking at a binary sunset, and then vanishing - his Jedi cloak carried away by the winds before reaching the ground. Cut to: end of the saga.
    Ah, that would be something.

18. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I would have Luke sacrifice himself like Ben did, when it really matters. e.g., The ship is about to explode and someone needs to stay behind to keep the enemy that's on board at bay. Luke tells the others to leave him and get to an escape pod. You know, that sort of thing.

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    =D= That would have me in tears!

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Oh god. That needs to happen. I will be disappointed if that doesn't happen.

21. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I wonder if Arndt and Abrams are even aware of the rhymes and mirrors in the Star Wars saga?

22. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Eating a bacon cheeseburger, drinking a beer, and smoking a cigarette

23. Orochi Oni

Orochi Oni Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 8, 2013
    Lucas is in charge of the basic story, right?

24. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    They'd be blind to NOT be aware.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It's pretty obvious from just watching the films. If they didn't though they still have Lucas around.