main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation How Would You Have Luke Die?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by EviL_eLF, Nov 2, 2012.

1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    [Bruce Dickinson] His soul is gonna burn in a lake of fireeeeee! [/Bruce Dickinson]

2. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Luke will die in a fatal accident involving power converters, destroying Tosche Station and leaving a giant crater where once stood Anchorhead.

3. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Why was my first idea upon seeing this thread was death by garrote (similar to how Leia iced Jabba)?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Maybe he goes out the same way David Carradine did?

The Hellhammer likes this.
  5. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    A Force Choke that went too far.

6. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Maybe like Anakin Solo in Star by Star... similar to Vegeta in Dragonball Z...

7. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Lets try this:

Luke dies in a lightsaber duel as he notices the rest of the gang has accomplished their immediate task. He steps back and brings his saber up as he closes his eyes and waits for the enemy's blade to cut him down. Upon contact, his body disappears and his robes fall the to floor.........

8. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    That sounds SO ORIGINAL! =D=

9. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I'm just surprised it wasn't said before.......:cool:

10. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    In my ep.7 fan-fiction piece I had Luke sacrifice himself to save the others from Stormtroopers. But now, I change my mind on that. I would have the main villain kill him. In any story, it is important to see the main villain do something really bad so that we don't like them. we can't just be told they are the villain, we need to see it for ourselves. The OT pulled this off pretty well by showing Vader chocking people and yelling at them, the Empire blowing up Alderaan and having Vader kill Obi-Wan. The PT...not so much. We are told (not shown) that the Trade Federation is causing famine on Naboo. We are told (not shown) that Dooku is a bad guy. You see my point?

So having the main villain kill off our childhood hero would give us a good visual reason to hate that character's guts. That's an essential actually IMO. Now to be more specific, I would have the villain use the force to grab hold of Luke's lightsaber and then stab Luke with his own blade. That's the most original/ ironic thing I can think of.

11. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    I agree, I want Luke to die a true warrior's death ala Obi-Wan/Qui-Gonn's way. I could see it now, in the way you've described it. Just imagine that the villain and Luke have been lightsaber dueling and was set to Duel Of The Fates and then everything moves to a stand-still as we see Luke die like that, albeit in Slow-Motion.

12. Spork111

Spork111 Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2002
    I second the notion of Luke dying valiantly in battle (perhaps sacrificing himself to save the others). If you're serious about killing him, then you gotta kill him well. I like the image of a lion being taken down by a pack of wolves. Luke's worth 20 of the enemy, but there are 50. Kind of like Boromir at the end of Fellowship, for instance.

13. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013

Yes! If you make Luke = the Lion, Sith acolytes=wolves, big bad alpha wolf joining the pack=main bad guy, then you have the money shot. :D

14. jedi hulk

jedi hulk Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2013
    As someone said earlier... I'm on the mindset of "please don't kill my childhood heroes"... I rather see a new generation do their own thing than simply have the original Trinity in it just to kill them off :(

15. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Hey, now, hold on a sec... yeah, Luke kissed his sister a couple times (or she kissed him, rather), but that's before they knew they were twins. I hardly think that's reason enough to make him a LION. Tho he DID lose a hand like a certain Lannister twin...

:D