main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation How Would You Have Luke Die?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by EviL_eLF, Nov 2, 2012.

1. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    No, the only one who really had a chance to fight back was Zett Jukassa!

Deflecting a blaster bolt or two isn't fighting, that's trying to defend himself. Fighting, you get to go on the attack as well.

2. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I would have him not die until Ep IX. And I think it would be quite effective if he died saving his (potential) son from some danger/evil or other. Sacrificing himself for his son, as his own father did. Perfect way to continue the father/son element that has been and is so effective, and quite moving as a death.

3. OBI-GYN_Kenobi

OBI-GYN_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    How would I have Luke die?

With that face, I thought he's been dead for years already.

4. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    For the record, here's what fighting back looks like before you die from Order 66...

[​IMG]

Never noticed in slow motion, that one clone tropper starting to fly back before the saber hits him though... [face_laugh]

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    With at least one trooper going down and a lightsaber that deflects fire back at the troopers? I guess we have to disagree on this point.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    That would be epic. If Luke doesn't die in the ST I can see him going into the Unknown Regions or some remote place place and by the time of the SST all we hear are rumors of a jedi saving the day and all that jazz until we hear nothing new.

7. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Luke dies at some point that Star Wars never goes.

8. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    NO! Please let's not be ambiguous with his character!

Plebeian likes this.
  9. Plebeian

Oct 31, 2012
    Let's not Revanise him.

Tan-Wessel and EviL_eLF like this.
  10. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    No he shouldn't die, I couldn't live with my self if he did. :(

11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Well if it is shown someone is going to be ticked off. If its like Yoda or Obi-Wan or somehow else. People might take it bad that he dies on screen or if it fails to meet their expectations if they want an epic death. Personally I have no idea what I want. I keep bouncing back and forth between ideas. The fade into the sunset will be the safest I think.

12. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I know Revan's fate is not a popular one but I meant help a populate the Unknown Regions group type of thing. A group of settlers go into the UR and Luke goes along but they don't know that. Eventually stories trickle in that there's a Jedi helping them and those rumors get sparser and sparser until they stop for good.

13. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    The reason you can't be ambiguous, is that if they don't provide a finality, it will end up being handled in the EU. I don't want that to happen. I want finality!

You can't worry about pleasing everyone... I won't be UPSET if he dies in a certain way, when I wanted an epic battle death for example... I just want his character to have the justice of finality on screen instead of in a book later on.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  14. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Well I think most would be fine with the epic battle death. I mean take order 66 style temple storming with Luke holding off a whole army while everyone else escapes. Something like that still should be doable.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  15. Plebeian

Oct 31, 2012
    Kol Skywalker style.
    Slightly cliché, but could work I guess. It would take some pretty badass enemies to make it intense though.

16. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    That's why I'm hoping for a Sith Army... you would have a slew of badass enemies!

17. darkmole

darkmole Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 2, 2000
    I'm sure Luke will die -- in fact, for the trilogy to make sense as the last part of a trilogy or trilogies, I think he has to die. Assuming he is in the new films, then the three trilogies will tell his whole story - PT his birth, OT his training as a Jedi and the defeat of the Sith and the new trilogy, his death. The Star Wars saga as a whole will essentially be his story - how he restores the Jedi order.

18. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    He stops breathing

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  19. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    too funny!

20. Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Ye gods I love that sequence. One of the best parts of that movie, wish it was a bit longer!

21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes... I think my preference for Luke would be the Yoda route.

22. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I'm not a fan of modern EU, but I like Threepio's take of when Luke faked his death: "Should Master Luke have found it necessary to die, I think that Artoo would have wanted to be present." or something to that effect. That's how it should go. Luke Skywalker isn't outdone/outfought and killed to build drama, instead he finds it necessary to die.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  23. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    Credit to Zett Jukassa... of all the death we watched from order 66, he went out with the most gumption!

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  24. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    The thing I don't like about killing him is that it's too predictable. We've already seen a pattern of Jedi masters dying, from Qui-Gon to Obi-Wan to Yoda. Luke's fate needs to be something other than death, I think. Leave his true fate somewhat of a mystery. Another possible fate could be that he goes off into an other-dimensional realm with all-powerful beings (beings endowed with the Force, of course) at the conclusion of the ST. He wouldn't die, but would move on to a different plane of existence. Just do something other than mere death. Death seems too cliche, in my opinion.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  25. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    A new sith threat appears, not in the form of one or two sith lords, but as an entire host of lightsaber toting villains. They ambush the Jedi order, and things look bleak, the newly re-ignited light of the Jedi Order is in danger of being smothered. Suddenly the Grandmaster appears, wielding the supreme power at his disposal, he stems the flow of battle with overwhelming force power and superb lightsaber skills. Ordering his subordinates to make good their escape, he sets himself up at a choke point and begins to unleash his might on the enemy, daring them to pass.

The remnants of the Jedi finally escape as Luke begins to tire, facing his death Luke gives a sad smile, and declares that the light may falter but never fail. Finally the Sith are able to land what should be a mortal blow only for the Jedi master to disappear, leaving a confounded Sith order with at best a pyrrhic victory.

Or something to that effect.;)

Jedi Merkurian likes this.