main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How would you like it?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Evil_Billaba, Oct 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evil_Billaba

Evil_Billaba Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    If in the end of ROTJ everybody got killed Sith and Jedi and in the end there were no more?

2. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    post that in the EU forum, i dare you.

3. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    That would defeat the whole purpose of having certain themes in the series. It would ruin it.

4. Gaeri

Gaeri Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 12, 2003
    Everyone got killed as in the end of the universe, or just all the Jedi and Sith?

All the Sith did die in the movie, and last I checked Luke was the only Jedi from the movies who survived.

Luke was struggling as the last Jedi, and if he just died, it would have been pretty anti-climatic. Ben trains him, then Yoda, then... he just dies.

Maybe it would have worked if they all went out in a blaze of glory. Would have been sad, but it might have worked. ::shrugs::

5. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    From a certain point of view, you could argue that was what happened. If the Sith tradition was mostly oral, it would have been difficult to continue the order after both Vader and Palpy died, and if Luke's training was too incomplete for him to begin a new line of Jedi, it would have been the end of them too.

6. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Even if it was in a blaze of glory (Han, Leia, and Chewie dieing in order to blow up the shield generator, Luke dieing to kill the Emperor, Lando dieing to blow up the Death Star), I still wouldn't like it. Nothing I hate more than sitting through an entire movie, only to see the hero die at the end. Very very rarely do I not mind something like that, but I wouldn't want to see that in STAR WARS.

7. Marbe

Marbe Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    "There is no such thing as death - only a change of worlds."

8. cdillon

cdillon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2003
    Let me put it this way, if everyone would have died we would not be on this board, there would be no Star Wars fans and the PT would never have been made. It would have ruined the whole Star Wars Universe.

9. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I think Luke should have died. No danger of the Sith returning then, since Luke wouldn´t train new Force-users who could turn dark.
    It works great the way it is, though.

10. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    I know Lando originally died but they changed it at the last minute. But that would suck because you watch the first two and you get to know these characters that have become legends and icons and watch them die at the end. No, I would not stand for it.

11. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    it wouldnt matter....force sensitive beings are constantly being born and if they arent trained, they could become dangerous to everyone..read shatterpoint and ull see wut i mean

12. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    I guess you're saying what if Luke died since Vader/Palps do die.

No, I would not like that at all.

13. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    JLW: Yeah, I´ve been thinking the same thing sometimes. Maybe you´re right.

14. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    It would suck. In the original script for RotJ, Lando dies in the Falcan. It would have been too dark for the audience.

In this type of movie we have come to like the characters. Most of us would not have liked to see ther people that we like die. Unless it made the movie a better ending.

15. thesockthatwearsSBC

thesockthatwearsSBC Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2003
    Did you ever post that in the EU boards, Evil_Billaba? I would do it just to see what the response would be.

16. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Hmmm... bad idea. :p

Okay, let's say Luke, Vader, and Palpy had all died, there were no trained Force-users left, and a new generation of Force-sensitive beings were born. They could still teach themselves to use the Force, but they probably wouldn't do it the same way as either the Jedi or the Sith. They would form an entirely different order, they would view the Force in an entirely different way, and they might not even bother to dichotomize the Force into light and dark. I think that was the will of the Force. There was something wrong with the two lines of Force-users that existed during the Republic, so the Force wanted to purge them both in favor of something new.

17. Luke_SW

Luke_SW Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2003
    well there goes the happy ending :(

18. Lyssa_Skywalker

Lyssa_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2003
    I don't think it would have been called RETURN of the Jedi if it had happened.

19. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Maybe it'd just be called, "Return and Then Quick Departure of the Jedi."

Doesn't quite have that ring to it though, does it. :p

20. JediMasterChiefYoda

JediMasterChiefYoda Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2003
    Does the title refer to Luke becoming a Jedi or to Anakin's return to the Order?

That's the question. If it refers to Ani, then there are no Jedi at the end of Return. But if it refers to Luke, then there are Jedi at the end.

21. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    If in the end of ROTJ everybody got killed Sith and Jedi and in the end there were no more?

You would deny Lucas the millions that he's made from EU licensing...[face_devil]

[Soup Nazi voice]Bad Billaba! No Force for you! [/Soup Nazi voice] :D

22. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    You would deny Lucas the millions that he's made from EU licensing...[face_devil]

Nah, they could write about millions of years in the future when evolution forms human or non-human sentients again. Then they could find an old holorecording of the events of the movies.

:p

23. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Luke dying as well as Anakin would've utterly killed the mood. Same as if he'd gone Dark Side. I'm glad they finished it the way they did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.