main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How would you make Thrawn Trilogy into a movie?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by General_Calrissian, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General_Calrissian

General_Calrissian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2003
    Okay this is topic on how you would make the Thrawn Trilogy, be brief but explain and critic eachother,

2. Dead_Bothan_Spy

Dead_Bothan_Spy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    Well, first off, before I did anything, I would not make it one movie. Make it an actual trilogy.

3. General_Calrissian

General_Calrissian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2003
    I would like to see a trilogy too, but say you had a low budget and could only afford to make one? What if you had to cram it all into one? Could you do it? I could find a way but I have to go right now so there is no time to explain how I could cram it into one movie, but I think it would be best as a trilogy of course.

4. DodgeKyle

DodgeKyle Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2003
    It would defentaly be...intersting if the Thrawn TRILOGY was made one movie. Everything in the books are pretty vital to the overall plot. i dont know if you could squeeze it all in...maybe if ya went LotR Special Edition and made it 3 1/2 hours you could get a scaled down movie of it!

-youd have to have the major battles like Sluis Van, Bilbringi, and the Katana Fleet Battle
    -intorduction of all the major characters Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, Wedge, Chewie...not to mention the new ones like Thrawn, Mara Jade, Karrde, and Joruus C'baoth
    -intorduction of the Noghri species, and Leia's trip to their planet (since a Noghri kills Thrawn)
    -you could probaly get away without putting to much of the planet Myrkr on there, just mention in detail about the ysalmairi. Have to have the mission to Mount Tantaiss and the cloning facilities.

I would say thats the basics...if you want to go and fit ALL that stuff in ONE movie, your sure welcomed to try. of course there are small things from the books i left out, and you could keep out...but its a whole lot of info for one film

5. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    There wouldn't be any way possible to make the "Heir" trilogy into one single movie, not without basically gutting 95% of the coolness that is Thrawn/Pellaeon. Which, obviously, I couldn't just let happen, GL'd have to face a very angry midget then! If, I...you know...got past all that security, and stuff.

Now, how I would do it is pretty much simple. It's already written out, use the books as a script. Get the descriptions for Myrkyr, Wayland, all that for the set designers from the book, the dialogue and plot is in there, it's pretty much all set to go. The only thing that would need working on is blocking, and that's the acting aspect.

6. Dead_Bothan_Spy

Dead_Bothan_Spy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    We could try making it a Broadway musical!!!

7. ForceHeretic

ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    Even if I had the budget for just one, I'd steal the money to make 3!

And I'd make them very similar to the books, only cutting out some of the unnecessary scenes, other then that I wouldn't change a thing cause I love the Thrawn trilogy!

8. DeJade_Vu

DeJade_Vu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002

[face_laugh] @ Dead_Bothan

Oooh, I love this topic! :D

You know, as I read TTT I can see it as a trilogy.

First I would get Hamill, Fisher and Ford, and put them in bacta tanks so they will shed 20 years. 8-}

Then I would take the head of Kate Winslet from Titanic, slim it down a bit, then screw it onto Angelina Jolie's body to make Mara Jade. 8-} Well, if I was casting Mara that's what I'd want her to look like!

9. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    I've always dreamed of a "Science Fiction Theatre"-esque EU series. That would be the best way to go about it.

2nd Quest actually has a plan for a "Star Wars Chronicles" TV show floating around here somewhere, if someone wants to go dig it up...

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Quest's EU TV Show Layout!

::)

This is the breakdown I have in my notes so far, for HTTE (still have to reread DFR and TLC), but:

Episode 12- Heir to the Empire, part 1 (Chapters 1 to 11; "Thrawn" to "Going to see Lando")
    Episode 13- Heir to the Empire, part 2 (Chapters 11 to 24; "Dagobah" to "Luke & Mara's Jungle Quest")
    Episode 14- Heir to the Empire, part 3 (Chapters 24 to 32; "Karrde & Han" to "Aftermath of the Battle of Sluis Van")

Obviously some trimming would have to take place to fit it into three one-hour long episodes, but only some minor stuff (Luke's attempts to fix his X-Wing, Leia's Kashyyk Tour could be easily trimmed down), but I'm confident not too much would be lost.

11. snarf5181

snarf5181 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Well, it doesn't say anything about making money, so I would do it from the perspective of the smugglers. You would have the first siting of Thrawn by han and luke(or lando, i forget), the katana fleer battle, bilbringi, mt tantis, not to mention the ferrier, mazzic, billey's people, etc, etc. I think it could be really fun, and all the main characters would show up, with most of the main battles (the exception being, for one, sluis van, and i'm not sure if their are any others.) You could even fit in the attempted abduction of the twins, since ghent and mara were there.

12. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    How would you make Thrawn Trilogy into a movie?

With $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

13. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    You'd have to do it in 3. 1 just wouldn't be enough. You'd lose heaps of dramatic tension and the likes.

14. Cactus-Jack

Cactus-Jack Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2003
    We could try making it a Broadway musical!!!

Seeensational!!

15. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I would love to see tales of the jedi into a TV series!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.