main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How would YOU rank TCW amongst the other films?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by darth_nemisis, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    ROTS
    TCW/ROTJ/AOTC-I couldn't pick 1
    ESB
    ANH
    TPM

2. SoonerSean

SoonerSean Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2007
    I'm amazed by the folks that put CW so high. Not saying that's wrong... it's up to each person. Just saying I'm amazed by it. I'd kind of be curious as to the age split between "voters".

Me... I'm 38 and was 6 years old when ANH hit theaters and I've seen all the movies on their opening days ever since. So by age... I'm an OT guy and my rankings would be:

ESB
    ANH
    ROTS (a prequel!!!!)
    ROTJ
    TPM
    AOTC
    CW

Even if I'd loved CW (I thought it was okay)... it's not really a movie and I would argue that it doesn't deserve to be considered such. It's a TV show blown up for the big screen. But again, if others liked it more than some of the films... more power to you. SW is definitely not a generational thing.

3. jedieb

jedieb Jedi Master star 1

Aug 6, 2001
    Cartoons are nothing to blow snot on. Heck, many fans and critics consider the Genndy CC 'cartoon' to be better than most, even all of the prequels. (I'm not one of them although I did enjoy the cartoons more than TPM.) I do think it's hard to rank TCW with the OT and PT films. It's a different beast, but if I were to rank them...
    1. ESB (10)
    2. ANH (10)
    3. ROTS (9)
    4. ROTJ (9)
    5. CC Clone Wars Season 1 (9)
    6. AOTC (8)
    7. CC Clone Wars Season 2 (8)
    8. TCW (7)
    9. TPM (7)
    10. Droids Cartoon (7)
    11. Ewok Cartoon (7)
    10. Ewok TV Movies (1) (They're both wretched and I couldn't believe how disappointed I was when I saw them when they aired.)

4. Rogan_Agar

Rogan_Agar Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2004
    1. ROTS (10)
    2. ROTJ (10)
    3. TESB (10)
    4. AOTC (9.5)
    5. TPM (9.5)
    6. TCW (9)
    7. ANH (8)

ANH lacks the epic scale of the other films (especially Yoda and the Emperor should be in this movie), and TCW should have been longer.

5. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Revenge of the Sith
    4. Attack of the Clones
    5. The Phantom Menace
    6. Return of the Jedi
    7. The Clone Wars

6. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    Here's my list...

1. The Empire Strikes Back (10.0)
    2. A New Hope (9.5)
    3. Revenge of the Sith (8.5)
    4. Return of the Jedi (8.0)
    5. The Phantom Menace (7.25)
    6. The Clone Wars (7.0)
    7. Attack of the Clones (6.0)

7. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    I'm 33. Loved TCW. I also like animation. I still think Batman: The Animated Series is the finest thing to happen to American television in the last forty years or so. I'm hoping TCW series lives up to that standard.

8. Tachikoma-Kun

Tachikoma-Kun Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2005
    Batman the Animated series is incredible. I do agree and I am not even a big Batman fan. We can only hope that Clone Wars will be as good.

9. El Kabong

El Kabong Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 28, 1999
    Easy peasy!

Star Wars
    Empire
    Sith
    Clones
    Jedi
    Phantom Menace
    The old three minute Clone Wars series
    The Holiday Special
    Droids and Ewoks
    The 2 Ewok movies
    18 hours of Jar-Jar's wacky home movies, while being subjected to the Ludovico Technique.

And then, after ALL that, after EVERY other single possible scrap of Star Wars film footage ever shot (including that commercial from the eighties where 3P0 catches R2 smoking) would be the Clone Wars.

10. jedi_dude77

jedi_dude77 Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2008
    I saw The Clone Wars on Friday - thought it was fantastic! Can't wait for the series to air.

Today I rank the films like this:

1. The Phantom Menace
    2. The Clone Wars
    3. Revenge Of The Sith
    4. The Empire Strikes Back
    5. A New Hope
    6. Attack Of The Clones
    7. Return Of The Jedi

It's great to see that there isn't one clear favourite with all the fans.

11. Raider88

Raider88 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2008
    I just...can't decide if this is better than any of the saga movies. I loved TCW and this is hard to decide because I like all the movies. But if I had to rank them:

1. ANH/RotS
    2. TESB/TPM/AotC/TCW
    3. RotJ

I still like them all equally, but that's if I had to rank them.

12. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    I love them ALL as if they were my children but if i HAD to choose....

1.)A New Hope
    2.)Attack Of The Clones
    3.)Revenge Of The Sith
    4.)The Empire Strikes Back
    5.)Return Of The Jedi
    6.)The Phantom Menace

7.)the clone wars (not a star wars movie! and even if i considered it one it would be my VERY least favorite!)

PLEASE! lets not try to consider TCW as a star wars movie, or a movie of any kind because it ONLY has a chance of being halfway decent if it is looked at as the first 3 episodes of the TV show.

13. StinkyRotta

StinkyRotta Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2008
    It certainly is a Star Wars movie. The SW.com databank indicates as much. :)

But, I cannot rank it anywhere near any of the I=VI movies. I just can't. It's apples-to-oranges, and while I like both, there's a very different sort of like to the TCW movie than to the Saga movies.

That said, if I had to rank them, at the moment it would go:

Star Wars
    Empire
    RotS
    TPM
    AotC
    RotJ
    TCW

With a small gap between SW and TESB, and large gap between TESB and RotS, a small gap between RotS and TPM, and no gap at all between TPM and RotJ. And a pretty sizeable gap between RotJ and TCW.

14. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    1). ROTS
    2). ESB
    3). ROTJ
    4). ANH
    5). ATOC
    6). TPM
    7). TCW

15. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    1) ROTS
    2) ESB
    3) TPM
    4) ROTJ
    5) ANH
    6) AOTC
    7) CW

But if I rated the spinoff films (not counting the awful Holiday Special):
    1) CW
    2) The Battle for Endor
    3) Caravan of Courage

I really do love the Ewok movies, but the CW is better IMO.

16. sjmdesigns

sjmdesigns Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2008
    For me,

My ranking is:

ROTS
    TPM
    TESB
    ROTJ
    ANH
    TCW
    AOTC

17. wolfarcher

wolfarcher Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2008
    No offense to anyone on here, but I felt sick and confused reading some people's rankings on here. I know its just individual's opinions, but... I don't know, I'm 17, saw the OT first when I was 5, and since May 19th, 2005 (well... not including Clone Wars obviously), my ranking has been as such (and I'd like to point out that this is my list of favorite, not what I think is the best movie; my numerical scores are how I think the movies are quality-wise):

1. V- The Empire Strikes Back (10)
    2. III- Revenge of the Sith (9)
    3. IV- A New Hope (10)
    4. VI- Return of the Jedi (8)
    5. II- Attack of the Clones (8)
    6. I- The Phantom Menace (6)
    7. The Clone Wars (4)

Admittedly, I often change my mind about Jedi or Attack, but other than that, I've been of that opinion for 3 years. My feelings about The Clone Wars are that it was a lot of fun, but was really just a decent TV episode, did not need to be released in theatres, was pretty hollow and without danger, and does not come close to comparing to any of the saga films (I also prefer Genndy Tartakovsky's 'Clone Wars' to the new film).

Just my own opinion.

18. GeneralRevan

GeneralRevan Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2008
    1. Return Of The Jedi
    2. Revenge of the Sith
    3. Empire Strikes Back
    4. A New Hope
    5. The Phantom Menace
    6. Attack of the Clones
    7. The Clone Wars.

19. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    I, too, am pleasantly surprised to find some fans able to see TCW as a full-fledged SW flick all its own. I can't-- apples n oranges, y'know-- but am fascinated to find it outranks some the live action films for a few folks!

If i was going to compare them in some way, i would have to agree TCW had more action than any of them. Very dynamic at that!

20. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I can't rank Clone Wars against the previous films since it's not part of the six episode saga, but I can rank it against the previous television series and movies.

1. The Clone Wars
    2. Clone Wars Micro Series - Season 2
    3. Clone Wars Micro Series - Season 1
    4. Ewoks - The Battle for Endor
    5. Ewoks - Caravan of Courage

21. OhNoChuck

OhNoChuck Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2008
    1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Return of the Jedi, although it might be first if it had been more similar to its original inception. Endor and Ewoks replacing Coruscant and the Wookie slave uprising is one of the great tragedies of the twentieth century.
    4. Revenge of the Sith: Not the best movie ever made, but looks good when compared to its immediate predecessors.
    5 & 6: Asking me whether I like The Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones better is like asking me whether I'd rather get shot in the left or right foot. There is very little I like in these movies.
    7. The Clone Wars.

22. EwoksRTinyWookiees

EwoksRTinyWookiees Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2008
    I have a problem considering this a full length feature film that stands on it own as the other six films do. This is just an hour and a half long pilot for a new show. It just happen to be shown in theaters because of the Star Wars name. That being said Clone Wars was awesome. It ranks one as one of my favorite animated movies of all times and I am actually looking forward to the series more than I was before because of the pilot, so I guess it did its job. The animation, voice acting, action sequences, use of the pre-existing mythology, all were done perfectly. I could go on and on but I think I will just go see Clone Wars again.

23. wolfarcher

wolfarcher Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2008
    That I agree with. As a TV show pilot, its fine, and whets your appetite for the series quite a bit. As a theatrical film, for me at least, it falls flat, and doesn't come close to the level of quality of the saga.

24. norway

norway Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2000
    I agree 100%.

As a movie, not so great but ok. As a TV show or pilot to a series it was EXCELLENT!

If I had to rank it amongst the other films, ranking the one I enjoy the most to the one I enjoy the least, it would be like this:

1. Empire (Han Solo and Hoth)
    2. Star Wars (First movie I can remember seeing in a theater, the droids are coolest here)
    3. Sith & AOTC
    5. Clone Wars (just below above two - those battle droids were so funny!)
    6. Jedi & TPM (tied for last because of so much in them I dislike)

25. Kae-Din

Kae-Din Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2005
    <<
    1.) Empire Strikes Back - Story was amazing
    2.) Revenge of the Sith - Best action out of any of the films
    3.) Return of the Jedi - Palpatine was awesome
    4.) A New Hope - Great story, and the start of it all
    5.) Attack of the Clones - Great action
    6.) The Phantom Menace - Amazing lightsaber battles
    7.) The Clone Wars - (Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie) Again, amazing action. Just not that big of a fan of cartoons is all.
    >>

I'd go with your same list, were I forced to rank them. Rest assured however - the total effort and time invested for TCW is nothing compared to the time spent and planning that went into any of the others. I enjoyed it thoroughly - but it's not really possible to truly "rank" it with the live action films. My rank = I LIKE IT. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.