Census How would you rate Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by NYCitygurl, Nov 19, 2010.

?

How would you rate Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1?

Poll closed Nov 19, 2010.
10 - amazing! 9 vote(s) 28.1%
9 6 vote(s) 18.8%
8 8 vote(s) 25.0%
7 5 vote(s) 15.6%
6 1 vote(s) 3.1%
5 1 vote(s) 3.1%
4 1 vote(s) 3.1%
3 0 vote(s) 0.0%
2 1 vote(s) 3.1%
1 - horrible! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I decided to go with an 8. I've never been a huge fan of the movies, though the last couple have been good, and I think some things were really well done (and Watson's acting is getting better, though she's not my fav).

As for the Lupin/Tonks - they didn't do the whole drama thing in HPB (they were just together during CHristmas) but I noticed that right before everyone becomes Harry, Tonks mentions the wedding and is about to tell Harry something when Moody interrupts - I think that was going to be about the baby (looks like Harry will be getting a surprise).

I want to know what everyone thought about the scene with the story of the three brothers.
  2. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    The Burtonesque animation - excellent. Emma Watson's monotonous and flat narration - not so much. :p
  3. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    8. Great movie.

Horcruxes were explained in the previous film.
  4. PirateofRohan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    The Anamation part was funny. It kind of reminded me of Malistaire from Wizard101. don't judge me. I'm awesome!
  5. Sara_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 7
    I would give it a 9! I loved the film, from start to finish, however I was so let down that the film ended where it did. It was like suddenly getting a really good film you're watching interupted unexpectedly by the tape breaking, and you just know you won't be seeing it again anytime soon to find out what happens next. I guess they left a great cliffhanger for the next one, but come on! lol. I just wish they would have released part 2 like a month after part 1. I was sad though that Harry never had his last encounter with the Dursleys, and we were left only seeing them going to the car. I thought it would have been a great way to go full circle for Harry by finally having that last goodbye with them, although they were always terrible to him.
  6. Book-Geek Jedi Master

star 3
    It was the best one so far! 95% of the dialogue was straight from the book!
  7. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    That is not an indication of how good or bad an adaptation is.

It was still a great movie, just slightly below Prisoner of Azkaban's quality.
  8. KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus

star 8
    A beautiful, tremendous film. Far and away the best in the series (something I suspect will be just as true after DH Part 2).
  9. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    7, I think the best will some later on in part 2.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.