How would you rate 'Return of the Jedi' (10 being highest)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by The Gatherer, Jun 19, 2001.

?

How would you rate 'Return of the Jedi' (10 being highest)

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
10 170 vote(s) 36.5%
9 99 vote(s) 21.2%
8 113 vote(s) 24.2%
7 49 vote(s) 10.5%
6 17 vote(s) 3.6%
5 6 vote(s) 1.3%
4 4 vote(s) 0.9%
3 4 vote(s) 0.9%
2 1 vote(s) 0.2%
1 3 vote(s) 0.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Gatherer Jedi Youngling

star 6
  2. dr_evazan22 Jedi Youngling

Jedi could have scored higher if the effects were better. Of the original trilogy it should have had the best effects because it was produced last (therefore, better technology should've been around to be used). Instead, it has the WORST effects! In the SE videos (for Empire), they talk about (black) matte lines on the white snow. But in Jabba's dungeon everything is very dark colors and there are terrible matte lines. Then theres the rancor! When some of the shots were composited together, it looked disgraceful! I was very surprised to see that bad effects weren't corrected in the SE's (TIE fighters when Falcon is escaping DS, the Falcon chase scenes in ESB).
  3. Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I voted for 1 in every one of thies poles.
    I HATE STAR WARS! ;)
  4. mutley Jedi Master

star 4
    ROTJ remains my least favourite so I scored it a 3 although 3.5 would be better. The movie could have, and should have been so much better.
    To rushed, same plotline(DS2), teddy bears etc I waited 6 years for a 5 min rundown on the questions everyone wanted answered.
  5. The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Master

star 4
    What're you talkin' about? Jedi is the best!
  6. Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master

star 6
  7. mutley Jedi Master

star 4
    Each to their own--my opinion not yours that is what a census is all about. :)
  8. howlrunner22 Moderator Emeritus

star 5
    It was nice when I was like 5, but then I grew up. Now this entire franchise stinks of American cultural imperialism.

;)
  9. Connemara Jedi Knight

star 6
    RU kidding? I hope you're kidding! :p

I voted a 10. What can I say, RotJ was like, one of my favorite movies of all time.
  10. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
  11. JWK Jedi Master

star 4
    A strong 9. It's my favorite to watch.
  12. FurryDuck Jedi Padawan

star 4
    10. It's my favorite SW movie.
  13. JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I gave it a 9 (as much as for ESB). The one who said that the special effects should have been the best of the trilogy is deeply WRONG :

Yes, it is true that the Rancor was the worst effect of the Star Wars saga. But how can you say that because it was the latest to be made, it should have gotten the best effects ? Do you think sometimes ? Have you been to cinema lately ?
    I mean, some movies made in the past five years don't have the special effects quality of ROTJ !! The effects of ROTJ, Rancor apart, are very cool ! And maybe they were even trying out new techniques. That's why you can't say that the effects are poorer in ROTJ. The techniques used in ESB were fully mastered. In ROTJ, they were still trying out.
    And compare the FX to the ones in ANH. I like ROTJ's better. Why ?
    Well, I am not saying that the FX in ANH are bad, no. They're good. But they're flat. Sadly flat. Check out the space battle at the end of ROTJ. Best of the saga. Or even the asteroid chase scene in ESB. That rocks.

No, really, ROTJ deserves that 9.
  14. Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod

star 6
    9, since Luke didn't join the Dark Side. It is his DES-TINY!
  15. Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling

star 4
    7. I like the idea of the ewoks, I just don't like how they were done. No complaints about anything else though... 'cept Luke using the Dark Side on those two Gammorreans!
  16. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    This is still a great movie. I give it a strong 8.8.
  17. peregrine Jedi Master

star 4
  18. Kwenn Jedi Master

star 5
    8. Same as ANH, but ESB and TPM are better.
  19. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight

star 6
    10 just cause it's my fav :p
    But see TPM is my second fav and I gave it an 8, and ESB is my third fav and I gave it a 9 so go figure :p
    I just think a lot of people are missing a lot of things with this installment. But I think a lot of things.
    Or do I?
    Something to think about.
  20. hanshootsfirst Jedi Youngling

star 2
    A very solid 7. Compared to the other SW movies, that is. It's a great movie, but ANH and ESB are just so damn classy.
  21. Darth_Syphilis Jedi Master

star 3
    For me this would get a 9...would have been 10 had it not been for those pesky Ewoks

- Syph -
  22. teri Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'd have to say 7.5 because it was really not a very big plot + with those... teddy bears instead of the... intended wookies.
    Most upsetting
    <<?>>
  23. wishnud Jedi Master

star 4
    10 - fore my favorite SW movie!
  24. JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I loved this movie thematically and would have given it a ten, but I gave it a nine because the scene between Luke and Leia at the Ewok village -- which should have been really good -- made me cringe even at thirteen, and has not improved with age. Also because Leia was generally wasted in favor of Han.

However, I think it was structurally wonderful. As I said, the theme was terrific. The effects, with the exception of the Rancor, were very good for their time. The space battle had some really great dogfighting -- it captured the confusion of a real battle well. Palpatine was great. And the unmasking of Vader/Anakin is the essence of the whole saga.
  25. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Return of The Jedi is 10 all the way. It's my #1 fave after AOTC. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.