main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How would you want your kids to see Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by AstroDroid88, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    I am speaking to millennials and the younger generation on here who aren't married yet, how would you want your kids to view Star Wars for their first time? Would you show them in order from 1-7? Would you just stick to showing them the OT first and then the PT or vice versa? Or no PTs at all? Or no OT at all?

Rappa Retus likes this.
  2. Rappa Retus

Rappa Retus Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2016
    I would let them watch just a couple (probably OG) so they will know it, but then let them free to wether watch the others or not. That's pretty much what my dad did with me, if it's their destiny to become star wars fans, it will happen no matter what.

3. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    I would have the OT and then the PT, just like I saw it. It kind of ruins the whole "I am your father" surprise if you watch the PT first.

But they don't get to watch the ST (sequel trilogy?) or the spinoffs. Bleh! :p

It was actually a fluke that I got to watch Star Wars because my Mom's a Trekkie. I saw TESB at the library once and I asked my Mom what it was about....neither of us had any idea it would start a 8-year obsession, lol! I'd want my kids to see it in a more organized way if I had them watch it at all.

4. Isley_27

Isley_27 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2016
    Would definitely have my kids watch Star Wars...in terms with the prequels I would have them watch 1-3 just for them to have the story but emphasize that OT are the better films..with episode 7 and rouge one I'd say for them to form they own opinion on those two.

5. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I would start with the OOT when my first kid is 3. Shortly after, they would watch Eps. 1-2. I'd wait until they were 7 or older to watch ROTS, and then TFA. Then they would watch the anthology films and VIII and IX.

6. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
  7. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    4-6, then 1-3.

8. SkooterDawg

SkooterDawg Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2016
    I would let them see it the way I did: 4-6, 1-3, Clone Wars, TFA, and then RO, all while watching Clone Wars and Rebels once you watch the TCW movie. I'd just hoped they'd like it; we've tried ANH with our four your old niece and she gets bored to death of it (thought she loves the concept of Star Wars anyway).

9. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I would start them with the Original Trilogy, Then the Prequels. Then in numerical order, with things like Rogue One (which I haven't seen yet but totally want to) thrown in in their approximate proper places in the timeline. And anything new as it comes out. And whichever one whenever we just feel like it.

10. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I plan on one day giving them in this exact order.

Episodes I and II, TCW(In chronological order), Episode III, (Not yet sure on Rebels, want to see how they deal with the surviving jedi first), IV-VI. And I'm gonna wait until I see VIII and IX before I pass judgement on how or when to show them the sequels.

Honestly I still have no idea how I would set the Anthologies up, I'm hearing good things about R1 though haven't seen it yet. I may place it into my order as an immediate prequel to IV. And I want to be delicate with how I show TCW as I want to avoid the big spoilers which are treated as common knowledge in certain episodes.

I suppose things might shift over time though, there is a massive shift in the franchise going on now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.