How you can tell Anakin Solo is special (don't worry, NO SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by MaceWinducannotdie, Oct 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Master

star 4
    When examining the relationships of the Skywalker family down through the years, we find that Anakin Solo is unique. He is the only descendant of Shmi who does not appear drawn to older men/women.

Let us begin with Shmi Skywalker. As of Episode I, she has apparently not been in a serious relationship. But an argument can be made that Shmi was impregnated by the Force, which is much older than she.

Moving on, we have Anakin Skywalker. A nine year old boy goes up to a fourteen year old girl and asks "Are you an Angel?" Nuff said?

Leia fell in love with a smuggler ten years her senior.

Luke had a brief relationship with a younger woman in Dark Empire II and Akanah was probably also younger than he, but Callista was decades older and I suspect Mara has a couple years on him. Averaged out, Luke has the the tendencies of his father before him.

So far, speculation for the love interest of Jaina centers around Zekk (about 2 years older), Jag (again, a couple years older), and *shudder* Kyp, who is a whopping 14 (EDIT: or 16?) years older.

I don't have a source, but I think Tenel Ka is slightly older than Jacen. I know for certain that Danni is five years older.

We cannot speculate on Ben Skywalker unless we read a helluva lot into Luke's vision of the boy "wrestling with a young Wookiee."

This leaves Anakin Solo, who is a year or two older than Tahiri. Maybe this is what is meant when he is called special. Does this say something about his potential?
  2. darthparth Jedi Master

star 3
    You have a point with your examples. But, no offense, I think you're reading a bit too far into this. Even if what you said is true, what significance does it have?
  3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Kyp is actually 16 years older than Jaina, but your point remains. The Skywalker family tends to be attracted to older members of the opposite sex. :)
  4. MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Master

star 4
    Of course I'm reading too far into this. I'm rarely serious when I'm not engaged in Kyp-bashing (and even then I'm a little thick on the ol' sarcasm).
  5. AthyraFire Jedi Knight

star 2
    oh poor Ben. you HAD to go a ruin a cute little friend-wrestling scene, didn't you?
  6. Ornitier Jedi Knight

star 1
    yep. that was a cruel thing you did to that scene... I think that Mara is younger? Then maybe Tenel Ka is too... Interesting concept though...
  7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Mara is 2 years older than Luke, so she is 49 in Star by Star.
  8. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Mara had a baby at 49? That's kinda hard.
  9. Kier_Nimmion Jedi Grand Master

star 5

One would assume that after 25,000 of FTL flight and technology development with things like prosthetics, drugs, bacta, and any weird alien organics that heal wounds and cure diseases, that the human lifespan has increased dramatically, and thus pushing what we call 'middile age' further back as well. Remember, Qui-Gon was sixty in the Phantom Menace, and he barely seemed middle aged. My guess is the average human life span in Star Wars, if any of the authors are thinking about such things, is probably 120-160 years, with middle age creeping into it around 60-90 years of age.

Even here on Earth, we primitive screw heads have had women giving birth into their sixties. And believe me, 49 is not old.
  10. Nom Anor TFN Books Staff

VIP
    star 4
    We can tell Anakin is special because they put him in the "special kids" class.
  11. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Well, actually she had the baby at 48. She's 49 now.
  12. suncrusherX Jedi Knight

star 3
    Bibfortuna-Havn't we had this arugment before?

Kyp is *14* years older than jaina. 16 in jat. jaina is 2 in jat. If anyone disagrees, please read page 280 something where it says kyp is 16.

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Nope, Kyp is 18 in JAT. This has been shown over and over again in multiple sources.

Also, in Dark Tide, Kyp is described as being 32 years old. This means he was no younger than 18 in JAT.
  14. corran_rouge9 Jedi Knight

star 2
    That special kids class...isn't that the one where they try to push the door that says pull? With the force, of course...
  15. Knight1192 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    A few years older, as in as many as four or maybe five (with a possibility of seven being positively the outer most), doesn't matter as much. But when your looking at a number of years where there's a significant difference, then the draw does matter. Not that I'm saying that it's a big deal, don't get me wrong. But when it's just a few years, you're generally viewed as being in the same age group, despite the fact that age groups tend to be listed in large brackets. Han being at least ten years Leia's senior could have been seen as a craddle robber if they'd started going out when she was still in her teens. The point is that when it's just a few years, the same age group, there's not much terribly different there. When it's quite a few years, however, there are a lot of differences. They can, of course, be worked out. But gossips do tend to talk when there's a larger difference in age.
  16. AthyraFire Jedi Knight

star 2
    i think age differences have a lot to do with the individual's personality. as an example: my sister married a man 13 years older than her. however, his personality is such that you would never guess how old he is. he acts like he's in his 20's (sometimes he acts like a 12 y.o.) while he's really in his 30's. Kyp doesn't seem to me like he acts his age.

anyway, this discussion has brought up a question in my mind. how old is Obi-Wan in ANH when he dies? i thought i heard mention that he is 25 in TPM. in that case, 10 years later in AOTC he'd be 35, and 3 years after that in EpIII he'd be 38. jump ahead 20 years to ANH (it is 20 years, isn't it?) and he's 58. yet he looks much older, especially if middle age is supposed to be extended to 60 or 90 years old. so what's the real story?
  17. suncrusherX Jedi Knight

star 3
    Go read the book! It says he's 16, here I'll quote it for you.

jedi search
    pg. 272 paragraph 4

Since the age of eight, Kyp had lived on kessel...

pg. 274 end of paragraph 4

He had rotted in the darkness of the tunnels for eight years...

8+8=16.

18. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Regardless of what you may think, he was 18 during JAT.
  19. Darth_KindaEvilGuy Jedi Knight

star 1
    Maybe Bib means that for two years, he didn't rot in the tunnels ;)

Or maybe we have a reason to start talking continuity in yet another thread :_|
  20. AthyraFire Jedi Knight

star 2
    yeah, there's nothing that says Kyp wasn't running around happily on Kessel's surface for two years before he got shoved in the tunnels and began the 8 years of rotting. ;)
  21. MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Master

star 4
    oh poor Ben. you HAD to go a ruin a cute little friend-wrestling scene, didn't you?

:eek:
    You're as bad as Borsk. Trying to cast a romantic relationship between a human and a furred alien in a negative light. Shame.
  22. AthyraFire Jedi Knight

star 2
    lol, no, i'm casting a relationship between a LITTLE BOY and a furred alien friend in a negative light.

come on, we all saw TPM. we know little Ben should at LEAST wait until he's 10 before he starts making his move.

;)
  23. GS335 Jedi Master

star 4
    Anakin Solo is an overrated twit. It is all about Luke, Jacen, and Ben :D, LOL
  24. chissdude10 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    He is special it even sais in sbs(not really a spoiler)He was the force.
  25. MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Master

star 4
    He saw a young boy with hair of pale red-gold, tracing lines in the sand. He saw an older boy, kneeling by a river course, rubbing a smooth, round stone between his fingers and smiling. The same boy, perhaps ten years old, wrestling with a young Wookiee.

Nothing unprecedented except for the Wookiee [face_devil]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.