Howard the Duck

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Seagoat, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Stoney Jackson Jedi Youngling

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  2. Chancellor Yoda Jedi Master

star 4
    I saw the Nostalgia Critic review of it , and it did't look very good for me at least.
  3. JediXXL Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Had to pull out the DVD and show it to my kid after GOTG.

She thought it was pretty good.
    Last edited by JediXXL, Aug 10, 2014
  4. mratm23 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Tbh it's not even bad at all. It does what a movie is supposed to do, it entertains. It's not like it breaks any cinematic rules or is horrendously boring or something. It's a pretty good movie to me.
  5. solo77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    darth car likes this.
  6. sbk1234 Jedi Knight

star 1
    The movie is not a classic, but it isn't nearly as bad as people say.
  7. Juke Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    He's baaaaack!

With the new comic title, the buzz from the GotG cameo, the cult following of the movie and the fact that Marvel/Disney seem intent on giving everyone this side of Walt Disney's frozen, disembodied head their own movie, can a Howard the Duck movie reboot be in the cards?
  8. Messi Jedi Padawan

star 2
    I used to love Howard the duck when i was a kid. Its been more than 20 years that i don's see it, so...I have no idea how to analise.
  9. AndyLGR Jedi Master

star 4
    Yep, its very much a movie of the 80's if thats an apt description for it. Maybe its not aged well, but a fun film nonetheless.
    mratm23 likes this.
  10. Vorax Jedi Master

star 5
    I actually liked this movie quite a lot as a kid and it still holds up well for me and I bought the DVD some months back. I wasnt overly familiar with the character as a kid as I liked more Spider-Ham. Guardians of the Galaxy should've used the voice actor from the original
    Last edited by Vorax, Apr 16, 2015
  11. WriterMan Jedi Knight

star 3
    My only criticisms of the movie are that the adult content is often too much for a child. The "duck tits" are bad, but the sex club is just as bad.
  12. DenOfEarth Jedi Knight

The problem was the comics were intended for adults and had sharp satire and originally this was gonna be an animated film for adults like Heavy Metal, Wizards, Watership Down, Fantastic Planet, Fire and Ice or Ninja Scroll for that matter but Universal wanted a live-action blockbuster by 1986 and it was more the fault of the Universal executive.
  13. Skywalker Family Jedi Padawan

star 1
    Poor Howard the Duck well this always makes me laugh

14. Vorax Jedi Master

star 5
  15. chewiethebacca Jedi Youngling

LOL! I did not know that Howard the Duck is a Lucasfilm movie. Now it all makes sense! :D
    MrMojoRisin likes this.
  16. I Are The Internets Force Ghost

star 8
    I own this film, but I haven't seen it yet.
  17. Darthman92 Jedi Knight

star 4
    My dad got it for me on Blu-Ray pretty much as a joke and out of our shared morbid curiosity about it. It was kinda watchable...in it's own bizarre way. Couldn't get myself at present to call it good though.
    Last edited by Darthman92, Mar 18, 2017
  18. Kuro Jedi Knight

star 3
    It’s even more hilarious when you remember that Bea Arthur was in THE STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL (to be fair, she was actually the only good thing about that…whatever the hell that Holiday Special was).

As for HOWARD THE DUCK…yeah. It’s pretty bad.
  19. Skywalker Family Jedi Padawan

star 1
    Now that I think about it watching Howard the Duck is probably better then the Holiday special lol.

Yes Bea was the only decent thing.