main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Howdy all - Vacuforming help

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Keeleon, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keeleon

Keeleon Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2009
    Hi, I have wanted to join the 501st ever since I first heard about them. And I do plan on really getting into "Star Wars Cosplay" one day. But before I do, I have another dream project I am working on. I am trying to make a Gordon Freeman HEV suit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Freeman), and I know nothing about vacuforming plastic. I was wondering if anyone could maybe help me out or give me some pointers? I have read the faqs online, and get the basics, but this kind of thing is much easier for me to learn practically. I live in Victorville, and am also wondering if anyone knows of any plastic suppliers that are local to me (relatively local at least).

I saw you guys at the Victorville Christmas parade, and was both jealous and impressed, and SHOCKED that we had a local chapter. I was one of the pirates hanging out with Jack Sparrow across the street at the staging area.

2. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    If you make a decent HEV suit you will mysteriously and quickly go missing and I will take the suit for myself!
    I'm kidding, of course, but I will be incredibly jealous.
    I don't remember who does what with armor and such, but Kari does. She'll probably look in here sometime today.

3. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Honestly, you need to sign up on the 501st boards. There's also this costuming forum on this site. Hopefully, you can get some help or resources from one of them.

If all else fails, try youtube. I've heard that you can learn to do just about ANYTHING from there.

4. Keeleon

Keeleon Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2009
    Hmm, didnt really think about youtube. That's a great idea. I was actually just thinking that maybe there might be someone local to me with lots of experience and equipment, or at the least know where i could get the equipment from. Thanks. I'm not on a budget necessarily, but I would liek this to be as shallow a money pit as possible, ya know.

5. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Maybe Marcello? He makes all his clone armor and stuff.

6. Darth_Cookie_Monster

Darth_Cookie_Monster Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.