main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Howdy northerners! Just moved here (okay, moved here a year and a half ago. I've been busy. :P )

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarkTirade, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkTirade

DarkTirade Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2009
    and I wanted to say hello. I've been a Star Wars geek pretty much since birth (I was born in '81, so I grew up watching them. Started reading the books as soon as I discovered they existed. Spent most of my teenage years playing X-Wing and Dark Forces.) and I like to make stuff. Mostly prop lightsabers, but I've dabbled in chainmail and leatherwork and a few other things. Mostly just dabbling though. Hobbies like that aren't cheap, but I am. :) My latest project has been a set of Mandalorian armor. I'm just about done with the weapons for it, and about a quarter done with the armor itself.

Anyhow, I hope I can make it to a meeting or two. I'm pretty busy most of the time, basically working two jobs, then adding extra coats of spraypaint to props when I get home from work at night. :p

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Welcome to the boards!
    Whereabouts in the Greater Rochester Area are you?

We recently had a meeting so the next one probably won't be until late August.
    Hope it doesn't end up conflicting with your work schedules.

~Doc_Bev

3. DarkTirade

Jul 22, 2009
    Yeah, I saw on the site that I just missed the last meeting. D'oh. :p

I'm about 10 miles to the south of Rochester, right around the corner from the little apartment complex I lived in until I was 5 or so. Funny how when I went back to look around, the giant swimming pool I fell into when I was little is suddenly small enough for me to jump from one side to the other...

I must say, its nice being back in a place that actually has four seasons. And no giant cockroaches. And no more of those ugly palm fronds everywhere. :)

4. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Hey Welcome! Hey if interested, there's a starwars night with the red wings on August 1st, the area 501st & rebel legion members (some of whom are rebellion members also) & at least one rebellion only memeber will be participating in the event there ar Frontier field, You should check us out there.

5. DarkTirade

Jul 22, 2009
    Too bad that's coming up so soon... my hockey skates are grey with purple trim. They'd totally match the mando armor I'm working on. :p

6. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Uhm... up here the Red Wings are a baseball team. [face_whistling]

Seriously though, if you are free that evening and are interested in volunteering for the 501st, let me know and I can likely get you free admission.

~Doc_Bev

7. DarkTirade

Jul 22, 2009
    D'oh. And that's how little I know about sports. I musta been thinking of something else. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.