main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Howdy!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Lord Bacon, May 26, 2016.

1. Lord Bacon

Lord Bacon Jedi Knight

May 25, 2016
    Long time fan here looking to join this great Star Wars community! I grew up during the prequels but have learned to love the whole SW universe.

May the Force be with you!

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi, welcome and have a fun time!!! Ay questions, just ask. Lord Bacon - nice user name there =D=

Lord Bacon likes this.
  3. Lord Bacon

Lord Bacon Jedi Knight

May 25, 2016
    Thanks! 'Darth Bacon' was taken so I had to improvise a bit :)

4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello and welcome! That is a fun name you selected. :)

5. Lord Bacon

Lord Bacon Jedi Knight

May 25, 2016

6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Which film is your favorite?

Lord Bacon likes this.
  7. Lord Bacon

Lord Bacon Jedi Knight

May 25, 2016
    For me, it's a hard call between ANH and ESB. I might give a slight nod to Empire since it introduces Yoda and Lando Calrissian, two of my favorite characters.

What's yours?

8. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Definitely ESB, I love them all - but, I've always been partial to that one. Have you read any novels or comics?

Lord Bacon likes this.
  9. Lord Bacon

Lord Bacon Jedi Knight

May 25, 2016
    The Thrawn Trilogy were my favorite novels from the old EU; it's also the only SW books I finished. Here's hoping Grand Admiral Thrawn becomes part of the new canon at some point or another [face_praying]

I haven't really into the new Disney canon stuff besides TFA of course. I heard the Princess Leia comics are good so I might pick that up.

Any recommendations?

10. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    There's so many good ones! Check out the EU boards, there Lit where you'll find many ideas for your reading list. Then the EU Community has fan clubs and folks to socialize with. :)

11. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Hey, hey, hey! ^^ Lady B is right about the EUC. There are some great fanclubs including Sith and Jedi factions (I'm in the Sith one) which are awesome opportunities to learn more about the EU and each sect. The SWC is fun too! See ya round!

Lord Bacon likes this.
  12. Skydoll

Skydoll Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2016
    Welcome, Lord Bacon! I can vouch for the Leia comic, my fave of the recent Marvel crop, though the Darth Vader one is also great and the regular SW title does a good job of filling in incidents between ANH and TESB.

Lord Bacon likes this.
  13. Lord Bacon

Lord Bacon Jedi Knight

May 25, 2016
    I like to dabble into the Dark side as well [face_devil]. I'll definitely check out those sections. Thanks!

14. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    if you choose the Sith, tell them Kwea sent you. They like to know who recruits who..