main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Howler tickets on sale this week !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by liannb, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    So halloweens only three months away and tickets for the howler should be going on sale this month, i'm going to e-mail the bear this morning to see when. So we were talking that we should maybe go as a group in costume but we need ideas as to what we should go as. thoughts?

2. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    apparently we have to listen to find out when tickets go on sale, they can't divulge that information ahead of time.

3. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Drats.

4. ms_ventress

ms_ventress Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2004
    you should have pulled, "do you know who we are????" HEEELLLOOOO.

5. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    Are we going to go to WEM for Halloween too? Like last year?

6. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    i sent it from my work e-mail thinking that might help but it didnt :p

we can probably do the mall too, its a tuesday this year. as well i guess we'll want to do something the saturday too. does anyone actually listen to the Bear?

7. Domino_Leia

Domino_Leia Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2005
    I am very much excited to do a group costuming deal. If we're going to the Howler, it's gotta be a theme that's either funny, or really cool. I've looked before to see what kind of costumes they have had show up there, and there seemed to be an awful lot of naughty firefighters, nurses, etc etc etc. Boring.

When we think about what we could do, we gotta remember it's probably gonna be pretty hot, so nothing too heavy cause we want to have fun and not be dying. There's also gonna be a lot of drunk people, so don't have anything on your costume that they can swallow. :p And it's gonna be crowded, so we don't want to have trains or anything dragging, haning off, or sticking out of our costumes that's gonna get caught on someone.

I've been looking for group costume ideas and here's some of the ones I've found or thought up:

The assassins or various characters from Kill Bill.
    Mystery Men.
    The Bachelor (J wears a tux and the girls all dress really pretty and try to get his attention. :p Totally kidding, just thought it was funny.)
    7 Deadly Sins (I like this one but I guess we gotta figure out who's all coming)
    80's Rock Stars
    Moulin Rouge
    Harry Potter (if worse comes to worse, there's back ups.)
    Bad guys from Disney movies or some other kind of theme like that.
    My favorite so far is we kinda make up our own League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Or ladies). We could totally run with this and pick out a character from an old book.

Perhaps we want to do costumes from a movie that comes out this year, or something else.

I'll think about it some more and see what else I can come up with.

8. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    the bear has the howler listed on their website now with details coming soon, hopefully they post when tickets go on sale.

9. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    neat idea Kyla, this year I'm either gonna go as Marc Anthony or if we do the Superman costume....him :)

10. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    K, ladies, how about Disney princesses, or bad girls or whatever, female disney characters. But, naughty ones. Like corsets, pvc, short skirts, basically slutty. We're going to the Howler to win damn it.

I'm thinking either Jesse from Toy Story 2 or Ariel, maybe a flesh color corset and then 'clam' shells on the bodice, and a sequiney skirt or something like that. Or maybe, just maybe, Jessica Rabbit. That's right. :p

Liann is deciding between Snow White, Alice in Wonderland, Tinkerbell, or Cinderella, but she's leaning towards Snow White right now. But check back tomorrow, cause that may have changed.

Shanna, how do you feel about Ursula. Black corset, we'd do your hair silvery and spikey, and maybe a black skirt with tentacle thingeys . . . like this chick here. It's the second or third pic down, but don't worry, we wouldn't make you look ugly like her. You'd look awesome.

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.mouseplanet.com/divas/show2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.mouseplanet.com/divas/sue2.htm&h=275&w=400&sz=30&hl=en&start=6&tbnid=bfxiZy8rVaZ2FM:&tbnh=85&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfairy%2Bgodmothers%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rls%3DGGLG,GGLG:2005-35,GGLG:en%26sa%3DN

Sorry the link's too long to put in the little link thingy.

So for the choosing there's Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty, Mulan, Pocahontas, Cruella, Evil Queen (from Snow White), Malificent, Fairy Godmonthers, Queen of Hearts, Belle, the Incredibles, Tinkerbelle, Alice, Cinderella, Minnie, Meg, and Esmerelda. That's all that we could think of at the moment.

So . . .what do you guys think? :) Or should we do something else altogether?

11. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    lol Liann is this cause I was saying I might be Peter Pan from hook lol?

12. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    I pick the Evil Queen. I've done it before and have been wanting to remake it for awhile now. It was one of my favorite non-Star Wars costumes so I'm excited to get to wear it again and to redo it!

13. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I guess that means my Queen of Hearts gets bumped up. I'm not doing slutty, it wouldn't be slutty, just gross. I always wanted to do Belle too though. Maybe I'll do that instead of the QoH, so I can do that one right later.

14. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Oooooo....yeah! Do Belle, Terry! Mine won't be slutty either.......just amazingly hot....;) I am the Queen of the Corset now that I've done three in a row so I may try an incorporate one, but we'll see. I doubt I'll use PVC again...not all that fun to work with and it's really, REALLY hot and sticky. Not to mention, expensive. Terry! You might get to wear one of my hoop skirts for Belle! WOOT!!!

Hmmmm......I've always wanted to do Malificent too......nope....Evil Queen first.

15. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    Awesome, people are talking. Yah, the costume doesn't have to be slutty, I just meant we could maybe play with them a little bit. I would like to do Jessica Rabbit, and she is a Disney character, but she's not recognizable as a Disney character, so I'm thinking perhaps no. And the dress pretty much defies gravity ha ha. I'm thinking maybe Ariel, but I'm not sure what to do about the skirt. Would it just be a green sequiney skirt, or should we try to do a fish tail sorta thing. And with Jesse, I don't know how I'd do her cow hide chaps as they don't really attach to anything. hmmmmmm

16. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    You could do the tail like my Ophelia straight jacket......long skirt and then the tail is just attached at the back of it so when sitting you could slide your feet in but you could still get them out to walk??

17. DARK_PADAWAN

DARK_PADAWAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    I'm tryna decide between Raoul Duke, DP Gumby (Monty Python), or TIE Pilot.

18. ms_ventress

ms_ventress Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2004
    whadda yeah think girls... should I be Tink?

19. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    ooh glad you guys like the idea. hmmm now i don't know what to do, i dunno about snow white but then it'll go with Angelas.

ok now i've dragged out all my disney movies :p

20. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    TIE Pilot. :)

21. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    ok now i'm thinking jasmine, i already have the fabric and the pattern.

22. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Tink would be good for you, Erin! Jasmine....sounds good too, Liann!

23. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    tink would be perfect for you Erin :)

24. Domino_Leia

Nov 4, 2005
    ang - hmmm, food for thought. i have to think on this as i've got a couple of ideas for the skirt. liann, terry and i are going fabric shopping tomorrow for my endor leia, and we'll discuss it more then. but good idea. :)

erin - i immediately thought of you as tink when i heard the idea. very cute.

k, we should totally have a costume day where we watch the movies that our characters are from. ewww, so delightfully girly. ha ha

25. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Yeppers! But it'll have to wait until after DragonCon.....least for Erin and I.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.