main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How's George Lucas feeling right now...?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TalonHawk, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Camp

Darth Camp Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    Probably bitter considering how this movie was infinitely better than the last three films.

2. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013

...I think you are reading way too much into this.

TigerCraneFist and Seeher like this.
  3. Infinite Cactus

Infinite Cactus Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 21, 2015
    All I can say, is that like any artist or musician, you make the art you enjoy and it doesn't matter if nobody likes it. The most it can really matter, is if you lose someone else's money in distributing your art and they try to make up for losses by controlling your creativity. That never happened with Lucas and Star Wars. It always made good money. And he made the movies he wanted to make. It can hurt at times, but this isn't his first rodeo. I'd venture a guess that he feels fine.

Admiral Volshe and SeventySeven like this.
  4. PapiNacho

PapiNacho Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2015
    I'd say he'd actually feel validated after seeing the films. It's very clear that George wanted to take the franchise in new directions; he might not have executed that well, but that was his intention.
    That said, after reading all the praise this movie gets he must have realized that even if he made the prequels 100 times better, people wouldn't have liked them, because people want more of the same.
    It was, at every level, a good decision to let someone take over the franchise.

Bail B. Baobab likes this.
  5. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    I'd really like to see or hear GL's plans for the sequels. It'd be interesting to know.

6. BOBA-FETT-82

BOBA-FETT-82 Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 19, 2002
    I really hope GL will write an Autobiography one day.

7. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    He looks as though he's usually suffering heartburn of some form or other.

8. mdtauk

mdtauk Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2015
    It remains to be seen if either Rian Johnson or Colin Trevorrow will choose to consult with George Lucas. I am sure there are teams of people at Disney/Lucasfilm who will be searching online forums for reactions to TFA, and trying to address some concerns in future films.

Zikri likes this.
  9. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998

I loved TFA, and I love JJ Abrams, but I really get an anti-GL vibe from JJ. JJ is a very accomplished director and probably has a healthy ego, so I am sure he wanted to succeed on his own, but I also got the sense he really didn't like what GL did in the prequels.

It could be a different story with the next two directors re: GL.

mdtauk likes this.
  10. ReyPrescott

ReyPrescott Jedi Master star 3

Oct 3, 2015
    I noticed GL was at the UK and the LA premiere. So maybe he enjoyed it? Its not Disney could force him to attend the premieres. [face_dunno]

11. Forceuser707

Forceuser707 Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 23, 2015
    He must be feeling good.

It's not often that someone else can do what you would like to do with your own ideas.

If I were him I would have felt proud to watch this movie.

12. StarKiller81

StarKiller81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm sure he has mixed emotions but hopefully he's not so bitter he can't sit back and enjoy that he created all of this.

13. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002

Not from the sale of Lucasfilm, e—he donated almost all the profit to a children's education charity, as I recall...

-JR :)

14. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
  15. floatlikegas

floatlikegas Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2010
    You can tell he feels some type of way about how the fans have embraced the TFA
    He realizes he wasn't making movies for the fans but himself in a way
    Now he has to smile and pretend this movie that takes a few shots at the prequels is good.

16. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    The PT gets a bad rap cause it wasnt OT fan service. Say what you will about CGI or bad dialog, but I bet if the PT was nothing but OT fan service then I bet you people would have loved the PT.

Example, EP3 had the worse dialog and the most CGI and yet it is seen as the better of the 3 prequels. Why? Cause it has the most OT related fan service content in it.

This is why I roll mg eyes when people say the PT were bad movies. They were good movies that were hated cause it went in a different direction (tone wise) as the OT. With TFA, it is nothibg creative but rather 2 hours of fan service to the OT. If this is all you guys want, then I have low hopes for the future of SW.

Nothing from here on out will be bold because they do not want to be too different or else they will be put in the same category as the PT.

Soon I think the honeymoon period with Disney will end and people will begin ti see that creativity in SW is gone and the galaxy wont be as expansive as it was prior to Disney.

George Lucas wanted to be creative and expand our perception of SW. Disney will make a tunnel vision version of SW so that they can play it safe.

So if I am GL, I really dont care cause I know that only time will tell and Disney's true intentions will be shown.

You all are all on Disney's lap now cause they gave you a 2015 remake of A New Hope. But 10 years from now, we will see how much Disney expanded the universe of Star Wars or how little they did by just regurgitated OT content like they are doing with the Anthology films and how DICE did with Battlefront.

jimkenobi, Zikri and WAZZER like this.
  17. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998

it wasn't infinitey better than ROTS. I would safely rank it above AOTC and TPM (and ROTJ for that matter).

ROTS engaged me emotionally just as much as TFA did, and there is some very accomplished direction and production particularly from Order 66 right to the end.

Zikri likes this.
  18. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Bittersweet, I guess? He's happy that people are clamoring for Star Wars again, happy to see how his creation brings so much joy to so many. Sad because it's like seeing the kid you've raised since infancy going off to college, or getting married and starting a new life in another town.

I'm not going to say he's bitter about it, or smack the PT around by saying, ‘He's wondering why he didn't do this in 1998-1999 when The Phantom Menace was being filmed.’

So I'd venture to say he's both happy and sad. As would any big-time creator seeing someone else take their precious baby and doing something good with it that makes everyone happy.

Miles Lodson likes this.
  19. Darth Camp

Darth Camp Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    Perhaps not for you, but for me it was. I don't care for Revenge of the Sith. I hate how hew turns to the dark side on the drop of a hate. I hate how they try to force everything into position for a new hope. For me it is the bad conclusion to the bad trilogy.

But that is just me, to each his own.

20. khuddle

khuddle Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2008

I agree with you. ROTS did at least have some good elements, unlike the previous two prequels, but the ending was catastrophic.

I'd rank them 1. ESB 2. TFA 3. ANH 4. ROTJ 5.The rest

STUBRIS and Darth Camp like this.
  21. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    The the PT is bad cause it wasnt a copy and paste of the OT like TFA was?

Zikri likes this.
  22. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Wow, that analogy really hit the nail on the head. Despite allegedly not using Lucas' treatment, this movie still had an obvious reverence for A New Hope. Lucas seems like the kind of person who'd appreciate the nod rather than get pissed that his work was copied. After all, it is all still Star Wars.

jimkenobi and Zikri like this.
  23. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    He's off living his own life now, does it matter? I think JabbatheHumanBeing has it right.

24. EvacuateMomentofTriumph

EvacuateMomentofTriumph Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    Bruno Mars, Locked out of Heaven. Police ripoff.

Zikri likes this.
  25. SeventySeven

SeventySeven Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    I notice that the 'bad trilogy' is your benchmark for TFA - if so that's damming it with faint praise.

Given they had the same writer, and Lucas didn't direct ESB and it was shot with real actors speaking real words on real ground it should be as good - if not better - than ANH or ESB. And It is isn't it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.