main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How's George Lucas feeling right now...?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TalonHawk, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spaulagain

spaulagain Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2014
    Ya, hardcore fans like you that created an account on this forum just a couple days ago so you could go around bashing TFA. Sounds about right.

Lucas is fine. And it's great the story he created is continuing with a breathe of fresh air and great new characters.

kevmp and ThorOdinson like this.
  2. Ganger

Ganger Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    That's because of course you weren't. It was pretty darn obvious.

3. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002

Come. On.

Jozgar likes this.
  4. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
    With more money for him, and Spielberg too :D

5. unicron5

unicron5 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Yeah I kinda chuckled at that first line. It was fairly obvious.

ThorOdinson likes this.
  6. Stoneymonster

May 8, 2002
    For some reason I am suddenly reminded of this:

I think you can guess who or perhaps what each person represents.

7. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    This is the best thing I have seen in awhile.

CakeThiefPro likes this.
  8. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    Sometimes I love a little chaos, therefore no matter how he feels, he should realese the original synopsis.

9. ThorOdinson

ThorOdinson Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 30, 2014
    I love this.

spaulagain likes this.
  10. DarthBroem

DarthBroem Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2015
    He is just fine. I know some people are hoping he is miserable because they didn't like the prequels or the Special Editions or some comments he has made or have issues with his ego. I'm sure he is fine with them using the super weapon again. Hell he rehashed the same thing in ROTJ. He will go onto enjoy the rest of his life with his wife and kids and friends knowing he has contributed $4 billion or more to charity and created the most popular movie franchise ever. He leaves a pretty good legacy for the most part. Yeah, they didn't use his story treatments, but maybe there was a good reason for that? Who knows? I am sure Disney is happy with their decisions with a record-breaking opening weekend and 95 percent favorable response from audiences and critics. Anyway, he made the choice to sell SW. Nobody forced him (no pun intended). Everybody seems to have won except those that did not like TFA and those that wanted Lucas to helm more SW projects.

11. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Stop saying The Force Awakens is a rehash of A New Hope, seriously! It's not a rehash, it's very much a good story on it's own.

propeller and ThorOdinson like this.
  12. Jmacq1

Jmacq1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2005
    That just means it's a well-executed rehash, but seriously, while it's not entirely a beat-for-beat remake, there are so many scenes and aspects that no-doubt-deliberately evoke ANH in terms of tone and structure that it's impossible to ignore. Then they give us a little bit of Hoth (Snow planet!) and Endor all rolled into one at the end (Han Solo leads a team to disable a critical location!)

I loved the movie to bits, but to deny that it wasn't intensely derivative is to blind oneself to the truth. It doesn't mean it's a bad movie (even if I would have preferred a bit more original designs and story beats), it just means they made a deliberate choice to drastically evoke the Original trilogy in order to win fans back. And for the most part, it's working.

13. aardvark99

aardvark99 Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2015
    I agree. TFA sets the stage and shows that Disney won't screw it up. They played it safe overall but it was entertaining. I came out of it feeling like I had a good, although not life altering, experience. When I came out of Phantom Menace it was just a giant heap of WTF was that?

14. Tommy-wan

Tommy-wan Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 15, 2015
    And in TPM too lol...

15. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    It also shows that Disney lacks creativity.

Say what you want about the PT but at least it wasnt a rehash. It dared to be different and it was sad that SW fans are too closed minded.

16. Stoneymonster

May 8, 2002
    TPM was totally an ANH rehash. I remember talking about it back when it first came out. Reviews mentioned it.

spaulagain likes this.
  17. aardvark99

aardvark99 Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2015
    Just because they were different doesn't mean they were good. I like the idea of all the politics and such, but the dialogue was unbearable, the acting awful, the worlds sterile. And I'm not close minded, but they were mostly bad movies, IMO, although I enjoyed parts of each.

AndyLGR likes this.
  18. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    I disagree - I don't think any of the 'fan' concerns are relevant to the future direction of the series. I also think that 'online forums' are the last place professionals would go for advice about making movies. These forums are fun, but I'm glad that the new stories are in the hands of people who actually have a clue what they're doing.

ThorOdinson and Stoneymonster like this.
  19. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    He'll be delighted - TFA has resurrected Star Wars and given the mythical status back to this cinematic behemoth that the cool (and even negative) reception to the prequels had diminished.

TFA had a lot of work to do to drag Star Wars back into a cinematic world which first Lord of the Rings and then Marvel (and to some extent DC) had claimed ownership of.

JJ Abrams has succeeded, with style.

ThorOdinson likes this.
  20. Stoneymonster

May 8, 2002
    As one of the largest shareholders of Walt Disney, I think he's feeling pretty good. His succession plan worked, and Star Wars will outlive him.

21. tehdouglas

tehdouglas Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2015
    Thanks for creating Star Wars George.

MODified: Removed the bit that is a blatant violation of the rule that is so important that it is in the banner at the top of the page.

22. Prisic Duskleap

Prisic Duskleap Jedi Master star 3

Jul 24, 2014
    Do not feed trolls.

23. My young Padawan

My young Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 13, 1999
    I think that George Lucas feels like a proud Papa right now.

24. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    This says it all really.
    [​IMG]

In this photo I really think this:

JJ Abrams: "Look everyone! George Lucas! He created this wonderful world we all love! Let's thank him!"

Lucas (to himself): "F--- you guys. No really. Don't thank me. You bashed me for 16 years straight because I took a risk to make the movie I wanted. Go watch your rehash of my original 3 movies you unimaginable dummies. Yeah that's right, I remember the death threats you gave me and my family because of Jar-Jar. So talk to the hand. Late!"

25. Stoneymonster

May 8, 2002
    You guys know George Lucas was like this before the prequels, right?

Anyway, he seems to be feeling pretty silly.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.