main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST How's George Lucas feeling right now...?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TalonHawk, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedieb

jedieb Jedi Master star 1

Aug 6, 2001
    I think Lucas is enjoying his retirement. These last few days are probably bittersweet for him. I don't believe he sold SW to Disney for the money. He was a billionaire BEFORE the sale. And he's already given away most of the $4B to charity. I think he sold it because he knew he didn't have it in him to complete this next trilogy. So he gave the fans one last gift by letting the films and stories continue.

But I do think the overwhelmingly positive reaction to TFA has been a bit embarrassing. Some fans may want to think TFA is getting trashed by "real" fans, or whatever that means. But the B.O., the reviews, there all out there. Just like history eventually proved the PT to be punching bags, I predict history will say TFA was a successful rebirth of Star Wars. (I lost count of how many reviewers made praised TFA at the expense of the prequels.) And regardless, George will happily sail off into the sunset.

2. TalonHawk

TalonHawk Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2015
    Gonna close my thread here if I can. Been informed by moderators that threads about people and/or characters should go in their generic threads. So I suppose everyone should look for a "George Lucas" thread to continue talking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.