main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

hows it goin down!?!?!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by TALL_CANS_IN_THE_AIR, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TALL_CANS_IN_THE_AIR

TALL_CANS_IN_THE_AIR Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    I'm newbie I love star wars, my name is Ryan North.

I first got into star wars when they reopened the movies in the ninteys... and like, they put out that boxed set or something. and Its kinda lame but I saw the commarcials for it and I was all right, this is rad. so I started drawing pictures of yoda and han... but I was real young, and I don't remember it all that good. but then I was like 8 or something when I found out they were having a new star wars movie, and I was all like, oh yeah luke is gunna fight this darth maul dude, and then I found out luke wasn't in it.

and then like... my mom didn't bring me to see episode one until like 3 weeks after it opened, and even then we saw it free ( becuase my sister has relatives that own the theatre). and uh... anyway, I don't think I would let anybody know how much I love star wars and how much cool star wars merch I have, I would be kinda embarrassed... but I don't know... maybe its becuase I'm not really a nerd, you look at me and you say, whoa that dude is bad!!!!

but really I'm a little bit of a nerd.

anyway, I didn't take this thread seriously, its just a stupid noob intro. oh yes I would like to say hi to everyone.

2. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Well, hi to you to tcita (we do so like to shorten names in here, especially if they are longer then four characters :)

Here it is absolutely fine to tell anyone about how great a fan you are. Chances are people will say: well, that's good, you are almost as much a fan as I am ;) That's what the boards are here for afterall: to enjoy Star Wars. So do have fun during your stay around here, and, to ease your exploration, see the Map of the boards to light your path. Also, if you have any questions, do not hesistate to ask either here, via PM, or In the official newbie question thread.

Enjoy and check out the newbie party and pillow fight as well :)
    Or, if you are in need of a hug, the Oldbies, hug a newbie! thread can help you.

DU.

edit: and remember, if you forget something, or make a mistake in the markup [face_blush] you can edit your post for the next 90 minutes.

3. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
  4. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    copycat :p Double posting is no good!

Who was it that sayd "imitation is the gratest form of flattery"?

5. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Yeah, you did that before Agent, please don?t do it again.

Welcome to the boards. Make sure you take a look at the Terms of Service, all the good links are linked above?so make sure you take a good look at all of those.

Enjoy your stay, and if you need any help feel free to ask.

6. Agent_SkywalKer

Apr 28, 2005
    But I can't think of a good welcome. :(

7. MickyJedi

MickyJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2005
    I have a good welcome! WELCOME TCITA!!
    From another newbie. [face_peace]

8. TALL_CANS_IN_THE_AIR

May 29, 2005

I don't know what that dude is talking about there.

but thanks for the warm welcome! I like forums with nice people in it. I'm a member of quite a few other messege boards and I am quite aware of the editing thing, and I use the edit button all the time.

I've known about these boards for a long time, and I have always read all the stuff you guys and girls had to say about star wars and that. I don't really know why I decided to join now. well actually, I joined a while ago, but I didn't know what my password is, and then I always did the "I forget my password" thing, but then when it tells me what my password is, its alway numbers and letters, and it is easy to forget, so I always forgot and never got around to writing my password down or anything until now.

9. Agent_SkywalKer

Apr 28, 2005
    You can change the password. ;)

10. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    Welcome TALL_CANS_IN_THE_AIR.

11. Sango71104

Sango71104 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Welcome to the JC! :D
    If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
    ~Sango~

12. Emperor_Kilo

Emperor_Kilo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2004
    Welcome! :)

I was wondering how you got your username. Could you enlighten us? :confused:

~Kilo [face_flag]

13. TALL_CANS_IN_THE_AIR

May 29, 2005
    yeah, I was thinking about that, I don't know if a bunch of star wars fans would understand my name at all. but tall cans in the air is a song by a band called transplants, or sometimes known at the transplants. the song is the second track on there self titled debut ( selft titled cd, you know? the cd is the name of the band?)

and uh.. I could go into detail but I don't feel like it. one reason I stopped talking about the transplants is becuase I don't want them to get popular and everyone to like them... becuase thats what a certain group called "the used" did to me, they have gotten popular and all the little kiddies are like the used!! the used!!

its so gay... anyway, I'm kinda stupid and I decided to keep my name TALL_CANS_IN_THE_AIR because thats my username on a couple other messege boards I am a member of.

and now... I think I'm starting to like my username, its big and ALL CAPS AND ANNOYING AND STUFF... YEAH... AND AS YOU MIGHT HAVE NOTICED i LOVE USING ...

THOSE THREE DOTS...

ITS A BAD HABIT...

AND AS YOU MIGHT HAVE NOTICED BY NOW... I TYPE WAY TOO MUCH MEANINGLESS STUFF.

BUT THEN AGAIN, I did say that I wasn't taking this thread seriously its just a noob intro... and its might thread I can do what I want, actually, any of you can do what you want on my thread, feel free to be off topic whenever you want to be and to spam and stuff

14. Emperor_Kilo

Dec 27, 2004
    * blinks *

I do that to....

See...?

;)

15. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    It's not a good thing to advertise spamming, because it isn't allowed on the whole boards. So it would be better to be carefull. :) Maybe reading the TOS and lurking around would help to get familiar to this board. :)

And you know that writing in capitals means you're screaming? ;)

16. Dinatius

Dinatius Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2005
    ah yes, the three dots are much fun...
    anyways, another welcome from a fellow noob... or rather just a hello...

17. TALL_CANS_IN_THE_AIR

May 29, 2005
    what up with all the short forms? I hate short forms and abbreviations so much, its just for lazy poeple, and plus, there so lame, especially abbreviations.

I don't even know what half of those short forms mean.

I private messeged some random board user and asked him/her if her/him could tell me what all these short forms mean.

so, anyone else he like art? do you like making fan art?I'm colouring in a drawing of darth maul I drew as we speak.

18. Emperor_Kilo

Dec 27, 2004
    TOS=Terms of Servis
    OPPM=One Post Per Minute (Its really annoying, too)

19. jedivik

jedivik Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    Welcome to the boards TALL_CANS_IN_THE_AIR. Good to have you.

20. TALL_CANS_IN_THE_AIR

May 29, 2005
    why thank you jedivik.

so uh... do any of you have any cool star wars merch that maybe other people don't have? or that you are proud of?

I don't really know any one else that has more star wars stuff, or as much star wars stuff as me.

I do have a like... revenge of the sith 2004 ( or maybe its 2005 I don't really know what year we are in right now) official pin set. I have the whole set, and I think it might be exclusive to canada... or ontario... or something.

it just has pins of luke, darth, han, chewie, palpatine, darth maul, grevious, yoda, and lots of other guys.

and I got my darth maul drawing sighned by ray park, or atleast a photocopy of the drawing.

21. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
  22. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Welcome TALL_CANS_IN_THE_AIR, I hope you enjoy your time at theforce.net.

MTDSBWY
    ~D1
    [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.