main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hows my costume?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by davisjaron, Jul 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    Hey everyone. I finally got some pictures of my costume (haven't got the pictures of the wookie jedi add-on though (will have them soon with any luck :))

http://www.swell-designs.net/pictures/july-05/ << click here to see ALL the pictures, lol.

[image=http://www.swell-designs.net/pictures/july-05/july01.gif]

[image=http://www.swell-designs.net/pictures/july-05/july08.gif]

I know its kind of wrinkled, lol, I didn't iron it before I put it on (it just was to show them my costume)

I plan on soon getting some leather and creating new tabards, then using the same leather to create a belt. Also I plan on hopefully getting some boots similiar to anakins, just maybe without the scorelines.

well... tell me what ya think :p

note - I am the one in the costume, the other guy is one of my moms friends who is also a star wars fan

2. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I like it, it's a great start!

3. ecila

ecila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Nicely done! I think the wrinkles give it an air of well worn too.
    :)

ecila

4. theBluePhoenix

theBluePhoenix Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    Wow! That's a great "black guy in shorts" costume.

5. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I think your tabards are a bit short, they are generally a little longer then the outer tunic.

Nice start though!
    :)

6. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    lol, the reason they look short is becuase when I was dueling they kepts pulling around and I would keep pulling them back up so I had my mother pull them up a bit more and farther down in the back so that they wouldn't go down past my knee's, lol.

"black guy in shorts" costume... haha... nice

but like I said, I hope to remake them with leather soon.

7. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Vinyl might be a cheaper option, but more power to you if you decide to go with leather!

8. Korvyn

Korvyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    pleather is nice too. all the leather look half the leather price

9. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I also forgot to comment on your wanting to make a belt out of the same leather that you would use for tabards.

That would be much too thin for a belt. [face_shame_on_you] You'd be better off getting a strap of the right width and thickness from somewhere like Tandy Leather, and using that. Or looking for a belt or two at a thrift store. I've seen some really good belts that people have made from thrift store belts for just a few dollars.

Remember, you are going to be carrying gear, like your lightsaber and pouches, on your belt. It needs to be strong enough to hold some weight. ;)

Why are you not going to use the belt you are wearing in your pics? [face_thinking]

10. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    actually I was thinking of just taking and double layering it and sewing the two layers together, and do the same for the tabards, becuase I plan on adding buttons to the tabards so that I can keep them on my shoulders :p.

I was also thinking of using the same, or a dark brown leather or pleather to create the anakin looking pouch, but the only thing that I wouldn't know how to do would be how to do the score lines... I was thinking that with leather or pleather I could get a piece of iron or metal that is fairly thick, then get it heated up and burn the lines onto the leather... would that work? Any ideas or suggestions on that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.