main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How's this for a costume idea

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by cyranodb, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Hey,

Being short, fat and hairy I have very few costuming options. One that came to mind recently that I want to consider and have been mulling around in my head is Malakili, Jabba's rancor keeper. Now I figure the pants aren't that hard. And his headware is basically a piece of old leather scrap that's easily obtained from Tandy leather with a piece of elastic stiched on for his chin. The only problem I'm going to run into are his arm bands. Any idea how I might be able to do those?? Thanks for the input. :)

Mike

2. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    First of all I commend you on the costume choice. Secondly, there's a few options for the forearm pieces. You could just sculpt them or failing that make the body of it out of sintra and buy some horns to glue on to it. Either way, we definitely need pics after you're done.

3. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I would LOVE to see this costume done!

4. cyranodb

Aug 26, 2001
    Dawn,

So would I

5. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    [image=http://www.starwars.jp/character/image/malakili.jpg]
    Make this costume, you must. ;)

6. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Yes, but could he join the 501st with it??? ;)

7. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    Yep, under 'denizens of the Empire'.

8. Sleezy

Sleezy Jedi Master star 3

Nov 18, 2002
    I can't find a good pic of Malakili, or else I'd have something to contribute.

I will say that this costume idea is great, since no one has attempted it (and I look forward to the day when Star Wars costuming can boast all characters accounted for). But I do have to add that your age, body size or sex* should not prohibit you from making a costume of your favorite character or someone you like, simply because of "accuracy".

*Well, now there are some obvious exceptions to this one. I don't think you'll ever see a guy wearing an Oola the Dancer costume unless it was a deliberate joke.

9. IfAnakinLikedJazz

IfAnakinLikedJazz Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I resent that remark

I would wear Oola

10. Sleezy

Sleezy Jedi Master star 3

Nov 18, 2002
    That's cool.

Just don't show me. :p

11. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    There are certain costumes I don't really want to see. I've seen way too many male Slave Leia costumes, especially on guys that really shouldn't be wearing them. *shudder* :p

12. koipond

koipond Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2003
    the crowning jewel to this costume would be the 9" rancor figure, carried in a baby carrier. you could talk to it and pet it and VERY protectivly shield it from any passing Jedis.

13. cyranodb

Aug 26, 2001
    Koi,

Way ahead of you dude. I already have a Rancor somewhere in the basement. I got it off of ebay when I first started considering the rancor keeper as a possibility. My only question is if the chicks will dig the costume. They tend to go for the stormtroopers.

14. Mandalorian-Warriors

Mandalorian-Warriors Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2003
    This would be a great costume to do, I've never seen a Rancor Keeper costume before. I wish ya luck your progresses!

15. cyranodb

Aug 26, 2001
    I was talking to someone I know about my rancor keeper armband problem and they turned me on to Fimo...anyone work with this stuff before? I guess I can use it to mold those armband pieces and then paint it copper looking.

16. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    Chicks will dig it. You just need to bring a rancor with you. Maybe you could convince someone to dress up as a baby rancor? Tug them around on a chain? Cry when it's killed by an unsabered jedi?

17. Jayne

Jayne Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2002
    My only question is if the chicks will dig the costume.

Well, as a chick, I don't think the costume has much to do with digging at all. I like a guy with confidence, personality, and a sense of humor. If he's cool enough to pull off a costume like this, he's got plenty of props in my book. If he puts on the costume and sulks in the corner, embarrassed because he thinks he looks bad, then I will probably not dig it, even if I do notice it. I guess the moral is, whatever you choose, wear it right and you'll attract a girl with the confidence to look beyond the superficial and get to know the real you.

18. koipond

koipond Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2003
    Oh, yeah chicks will dig it. it's like guys and dogs. all the ladies will want to pet your rancor then you will get to talk about the finer points of rancor breeding and temperment. plus you can use the excellent line(at least in the realm of rancor handling),
    "Oh, he probable just smells your rancor at home" ;)

19. cyranodb

Aug 26, 2001
    Koi,

Cute. The whole "chick" thing was meant more as a joke than anything else. But the truth is that babes do tend to go for the guys in the white armor. I think it's the whole "bad boy" thing. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.