main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [HP full saga] A Mother's Song (Disney Songfic Roulette; Lily, Harry, James)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Alexis_Wingstar, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Title: A Mother's Song
    Author: Alexis_Wingstar
    Fandom: Harry Potter
    Timeframe: Spans all books
    Characters: Mainly Lily Potter
    Disclaimer: Harry Potter and all the characters belong to J.K. Rowling. She's kind enough to let those who enjoy her work to play with it. :)
    Summary/Note: This is in response to the The Disney Song-Fic Roulette. Lily watches over her son after her death.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention the song is "Someone's Waiting For You" from "The Rescuers".

[b]A Mother's Song[/b]

Her son?s cry echoed through her spirit as he lay helpless on the floor, his forehead branded with a nasty lightening-shaped burn. Lily longed to pick him up, to hold little Harry in her arms and comfort him. There was one thing that kept her from doing so.

A silly thing, really.

She was dead.

Not for very long, actually. Her body still lie not far from that of James? still form and Harry was kicking and screaming just a hand?s breadth away. Though she was being pulled away, her love for her baby gave her strength enough to wait until help arrived. Until then, she sang the first song that came to her mind. It was a song from some Disney movie she and her sister, Petunia, enjoyed watching in a theater when they were both still close. She couldn?t remember the name of the song or the movie, but the words came to her easily, for they echoed her thoughts.

[i]Be brave little one.
    Make a wish for each sad little tear. Hold your head up though no one is near
    Someone's waiting for you..[/i]

Time passed for the living, but for those who pass into the non-corporeal world, time meant nothing. It seemed as though it was a second ago yet an eternity when Lily watched as Harry was playing with a rubber ball when his portly cousin tried to grab it from him. The two boys struggled for the desired toy, and the smaller of the two? Harry, of course, for Petunia and her husband only fed the youth enough to not be charged with child abuse or neglect... lost his grip. The sudden lack of resistance with the combination of Dudley still pulling at the ball caused the small sphere to suddenly accelerate right into the corpulent toddler?s face.

Dudley Dursley proceeded to wail even as he fell on his generously proportioned backside and held his hands to his rapidly bruising eye.

?Dudikens!?

The exclamation came from Lily?s sister, who rushed over to pick up Dudley and utter nonsense words to comfort the bawling brat. Lily was outraged how her sister and that tub of lard husband of hers treated Harry? Vernon had roughly grabbed Harry and shook him as he yelled at the boy for [i]punching[/i] their son and calling Harry a bully.

She couldn?t do anything to stop it though.

When Vernon stuck Harry in the cubby hole under the stairs they quaintly called a spare bedroom, Lily hovered over her weeping son. She wished she could put her arms around his shaking shoulders and hold him. Though he couldn?t hear, she sang.

[i]Don't cry little one.
    There'll be a smile where a frown use to be
    You'll be part of the love that you see.
    Someone's waiting for you.[/i]

Years passed and Harry grew. Lily watched as he sat all alone in front of a mirror, eyes sad and longing. She knew that mirror.

The Mirror of Erised.

She had an idea of what Harry was seeing, for it was what she wished as well. That she and James could be with Harry. Touch him. Play with him. Hold him. Give him the love he so desperately needed.

Tears ran down Lily?s eyes as she sang.

[i]Always keep a little prayer in your pocket
    and you're sure to see the light.
    Soon there'll be joy and happiness
    and your little world will be bright[/i].

Years passed, and Harry was nearly grown. His voice had deepened, and he looked so much like his father, Lily couldn?t help but smile tenderly even as she knew the heartbreak her son was going through. He had learned the full prophecy regarding himself and Voldemort. He watched

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    This is so sweet!! I wanted to cry for Lily and Harry (especially with that song! Love the movie, love the song, but it's so sad), but it was so beautiful, and Harry got the happy ending Lily wanted for him :)

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    AWWWWW!! That is so adorable! Great usage of the song, and a great POV from Lily!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.